Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default If prices or rarities seem "off", POST THEM HERE

First of all, it states quite clearly in the book and in the online guide FAQ:

What we've attempted to do is make a guide that is not only easy to use, but informative for the collector. Each title is listed with pertinent information as well as some notes of interest. The price values and scarcity ratings listed here are to be used just as a GUIDELINE, this is NOT "the Bible". Many titles listed here are more readily available (or scarcer) in some areas than they are in others, and most likely will be found for HIGHER prices on online auctions such as eBay. This listing represents the combined efforts of many of the hobby's top collectors and dealers.

BEFORE POSTING HERE please read our philosophy on rarity ratings and pricing, right here:
    http://www.digitpress.com/lists/0_dpguide.htm#dollars

Things change, and as we do try to keep up with all 35,000+ listings in our database, it's impossible to stay on top of everything at all times, so we do hope that using our philosophy you can aid us in pointing out items that are clearly outdated. Please use this thread to do so!

Thanks as always for your support! The database gets better with every scrap of info we get and we really do appreciate it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know I myself would like some rarity feedback/ideas on the PAL Saturn & XBox stuff too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturius
    I know I myself would like some rarity feedback/ideas on the PAL Saturn & XBox stuff too.
    The PAL Saturn stuff seems pretty spot-on to me, at least everything I've been looking up (Got Marvel Super Heroes for a tenner today )

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    The PAL Saturn stuff seems pretty spot-on to me, at least everything I've been looking up :) (Got Marvel Super Heroes for a tenner today :) )
    Thanks but if there any you come across that you don't agree with feel free to pester me about 'em.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I think the dungeon explorer 2(r8) rarity is off I mean I see it like 2 times a month on ebay when I see keio flying squad for sega cd a r6 like only 4 times a year.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*Meekly steps up to the microphone, taps on it* "Is this thing on?"

Well, the book and the online rarity guide lists the PS1 Namco Museum Vol. 2 at a rarity of 1 and Volumes 4 and 5 at a rarity of 2, with prices listed at $5 for all. I think they're quite a bit rarer and pricier than that; I've only seen two Volume 2's and one each of Volumes 4 and 5 in all my collecting and travels (all of which I snapped right up). I don't find them to be the least bit common.

Also, should there be separate listings for Volumes 1 and 3 to distinguish between the original packaging and the Greatest Hits packaging? I've only seen the original Volume 1 once and never have I seen the original Volume 3 (I'm still looking for this one!).

(This is just what I've observed from travelling to brick and mortar stores and not online.)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by k8track
    *Meekly steps up to the microphone, taps on it* "Is this thing on?"

Well, the book and the online rarity guide lists the PS1 Namco Museum Vol. 2 at a rarity of 1 and Volumes 4 and 5 at a rarity of 2, with prices listed at $5 for all. I think they're quite a bit rarer and pricier than that; I've only seen two Volume 2's and one each of Volumes 4 and 5 in all my collecting and travels (all of which I snapped right up). I don't find them to be the least bit common.

Also, should there be separate listings for Volumes 1 and 3 to distinguish between the original packaging and the Greatest Hits packaging? I've only seen the original Volume 1 once and never have I seen the original Volume 3 (I'm still looking for this one!).

(This is just what I've observed from travelling to brick and mortar stores and not online.)
    seconded...I rarely see 4 and 5 (although I do see them)...if I wanted to collect N-A-M-C-O I could see myself shelling out a lot more than 5 bucks per disc

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the NES, The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy is listed twice as a rarity of 2 and one of 7. Further examination reveals the 7 as an aladdin cart. All of the other aladdin cart games have "(aladdin)" at the end of the game name. Please change the 7 listing to the same structure as the rest for the benefit of future guide users.

I had already burned that rarity into my brain without doing further research and snatched up the 2 most ravenously .

So, it might help the next guy!?
    Mario couldn't afford his malpractice insurance anymore. So, now I'll be throwing multi colored pills at you and overseeing your liver transplant.

Currently playing Metal Gear for NES.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will say that the Myst demo for Jaguar CD is way too high $7 I cant sell those things I have tried to give them away and no one will take them at all and they won't even sell on ebay.

Genesis- Heavy Nova, Guide says $20, way too high for that game IMO I can't seem to get that much for it and I tried.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, here's one perspective of this humble NES collector.
    I am an avid cataloguer of NES ebay listings (nothing better to do at work for about 6 hours a day ) in addition to being an avid NES-Bwana at yard sales, the flea market, thrift stores and the 5 game stores in a 100 mile radius of here. I also keep a fairly large online network of fellow NESies.

Jimmy Connors Tennis for NES- Presently a R6, should be a R7. A solid R7.
    The hardest cart there is to find that absolutley no one knows about.
    If a RPG- not a sports title- had the same degree of rarity as JCT, it would sell for 3 digits.

Aladdin Carts- Presently, there is a large influx of them on the market.
    The story is (directly from the horses mouth)- A woman in upstate NY discovered a tractor trailer full of them at an auction (she bought it for the trailer and not the contents ) and contained therein was a great number of Aladdin carts and deck enhancers. She has been selling them on ebay, and sold a number of them to a retro game dealer.
    Are they really R7's? I would imagine so. I think the number of them out there is definitley very slim, but the present state of the market saw a vast quantity introduced when the buyers market for them are the scant few hardcore NESies who even know the thing exists. I think for the time being, it might deserve detention in R6, but as soon as the available supply dries up and there is no central source of them, back to R7.

I do believe that Snow Brothers deserves to be a R7 also (presently a R6).
    Tremeandously difficult title to find.

I won't carry on anymore, but those are my 3.

Upgrade Snow Bros, JCT from 6's to 7's, and consider a possible downgrade of Aladdin carts.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Noted. I myself dont have 4 and 5. The last time I saw 4 it was just had the front cover of the manual and nothing more, and before that it was at the CGE auction where I let the NAMCO letter set sell for 140 to the person who overbid me.

Nose. Those appear in the 'notes' on the game. We here at DP try to keep mutiple listings from happening and its purely just a cover and disc art change before the GH release. Remember however that the disc art for the second covers are different than the disc art for the NAMCO set (which just has a huge letter for whatever disc that was). They mirror the GH releases just with a colored letter i think (my copies arnt with me at the moment so im not 100% sure). They have been updated and will show as such in the next update.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It tells me the Xbox Music Maker is a rarity of 10. Doesnt this seem a little high?? Ive seen these in stores, and I own one myself (just the CD). Is the rarity for the microphone and whatever else included? I just thought R10s were items you would never realistically see in stores. This must be wrong.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know i will be a good contributor with all the rarities of the big southamerican continent...Atari 2600, Master system, NES, SuperVision, etc.

Cheers,

Matías

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default [ColecoVision] Galaxian

Galaxian for the ColecoVision seems to be off:

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=9478

Especially when compared to Jungle Hunt:

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=9541

It's been my experience that Galaxian does in fact show up more often than Jungle Hunt, but not overly so. $15 is far too low a valuation for the game.

I'd suggest minimally bumping up it's value to $20. Maybe that's enough.

However, if I had to speak my part, I'd bump the value to $25 and raise the rarity one notch from R4 to R5. This still places it below Jungle Hunt (R6/$30), but properly distances it from the more common Atarisoft titles of Defender and Centipede (both R3).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: If prices or rarities seem "off", POST THEM HE

I think the rarity and price of the PAL version of Pengo for the Atari 2600 are way off.

Currently the rarity in the database is R8, but i propose to make this a R10. Why? Exact production numbers of this game are not known, but it was only sold in a few shops in the UK for a limited time at the end of the Atari 2600's lifecycle. Also, so far only 4 copies (all loose) have been confirmed to exist. In comparison, Mangia (which is a R9) is much, much easier to get.
    I don't know what the correct value would be, but $35 is a very low estimate. I've talked to several PAL collectors about this game and they wouldn't hesitate to pay at least a few hunderd $$$ for this game.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I'm just glad I have a copy

Okay, so it's a PAL prototype, but still, it's PAL Pengo heh.

But I agree, PAL version is a 9 if not a 10 on the rarity scale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    I'm just glad I have a copy

Okay, so it's a PAL prototype, but still, it's PAL Pengo heh.

But I agree, PAL version is a 9 if not a 10 on the rarity scale.
    AFAIK it's not a prototype. It was sold in shops (or shop? i don't know) and for a limited time only... I guess yours is loose too? Also where did you get it? So far, i've only been able to track down 4 (5 including yours) copies. Marco has one, there's a picture of one on the gamereset.de website, but i don't know who currently owns that copy, and i have 2 of them ( ).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: [ColecoVision] Galaxian

Quote Originally Posted by mumbai
    However, if I had to speak my part, I'd bump the value to $25 and raise the rarity one notch from R4 to R5. This still places it below Jungle Hunt (R6/$30), but properly distances it from the more common Atarisoft titles of Defender and Centipede (both R3).
    I agree that Galaxian is much harder to find than Centipede and Defender, but rather than raising Galaxian, perhaps Centipede and Defender should be lowered? I would suggest ratings of R2/$5 for both (I bought them sealed for less than that).

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by yok-dfa
    AFAIK it's not a prototype. It was sold in shops (or shop? i don't know) and for a limited time only... I guess yours is loose too? Also where did you get it? So far, i've only been able to track down 4 (5 including yours) copies. Marco has one, there's a picture of one on the gamereset.de website, but i don't know who currently owns that copy, and i have 2 of them ( ).
    What I have is definitely a prototype. It's in the traditional black case with the Atari typed label on it saying "Pengo (PAL)". Like most prototypes you see.

I don't know if Marco has a proper picture labelled version, but I got the proto from him last year. Only cost me $150 which is rather why I took it (as I knew any PAL version of it was very hard to find).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    What I have is definitely a prototype. It's in the traditional black case with the Atari typed label on it saying "Pengo (PAL)". Like most prototypes you see.

I don't know if Marco has a proper picture labelled version, but I got the proto from him last year. Only cost me $150 which is rather why I took it (as I knew any PAL version of it was very hard to find).
    Aha, so you don't have the original released version The counter goes back to 4 then. Take a look at http://www.gamereset.de/freakshow/things.htm (click the Pengo link). I have two cards exactly like that, only one of them has some black tape over the text "for use with paddle controllers" (which is incorrect obviously). I think Marco has a proper labeled version, but i think his label was in poor condition (remember getting a PM from him about that). I am still wondering who currently owns that Pengo from gamereset.de though...

(/me still thinks this should be a rarity 10)