Thread: If prices or rarities seem "off", POST THEM HERE

Insert Coin (Level 0) ^DevIancE's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SewLBirN

I think the "2" rarity for The Ren & Stimpy Show : Buckeroos for the SNES is way off. It took me forever to find this game. I have never seen it on eBay, and ended up getting lucky a few months ago, finding one on Amazon boxed. I haven't seen this game on there since.
    It's definetly ALOT more difficult to find than Ren & Stimpy : Firedogs which has a "7", and you can see on both Amazon and eBay at almost any given time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been looking at prices of Joycard Sansui SSS Controllers for the NES. The price is 5$, but from what I can tell, you won't find this controller for less then $10 by anyone who know what it is. I know your prices are a little low, just seems a little too low.
    Retro Rundown Podcast
    RetroRundown.com

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atari 2600 game Out of Control is worth at least 300, that game has gone up considerable in value, one on Ebay sold on Ebay for 305 and I saw another copy go for around that much.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SewLBirN

Blaster Master: Enemy Below for the GBC deserves atleast a 5... maybe even a 6. It has become VERY difficult to get ahold of. I've only seen two on eBay in the past three months.
    The US Ghouls n' Ghost and Spy Vs. Spy for the Master System have become very difficult to find as well. I'd say both of those should have about a 6.
    Outrun for the Genesis should probably be moved up to a 4, or maybe 5 also.
    ...and Earthworm Jim 2 for the Saturn should move up a notch or two as well.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ^DevIancE
    Blaster Master: Enemy Below for the GBC deserves atleast a 5... maybe even a 6. It has become VERY difficult to get ahold of. I've only seen two on eBay in the past three months.
    Yet I've seen numerous copies in multiple Gamestops and EB's. eBay is (and should) not be the main source for determining rarity (or price). I'll keep an eye on it the next few months and see if any change is needed, but it is definitely not a 5 or 6. If I used that logic, Amazing Tater must be a 9 because only one copy has been on eBay in the last 10 months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SewLBirN

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler
    Yet I've seen numerous copies in multiple Gamestops and EB's. eBay is (and should) not be the main source for determining rarity (or price). I'll keep an eye on it the next few months and see if any change is needed, but it is definitely not a 5 or 6. If I used that logic, Amazing Tater must be a 9 because only one copy has been on eBay in the last 10 months.
    I wasn't basing it soley off of eBay. I go to flea markets, pawn shops, visit my local Gamestop and EB frequently (though they are in hickville), and scope out Amazon from time to time as well...
    I bought this game the week it was released, and doubt it to have been much of a hot seller due to the people it appealed to, and console it was on, and I doubt it stayed on retail shelves that long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=9536

Motocross racer/tomarc the barbarian for colecovision should be moved to non US Releases because it was only distributed in Canada and overseas, it should be a R10 in rarity also.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't basing it soley off of eBay. I go to flea markets, pawn shops, visit my local Gamestop and EB frequently (though they are in hickville), and scope out Amazon from time to time as well...
    Ok, but your original post made it sound like the typical "It sells on eBay for $X so why does the guide list it as $Y" or "Super Mario Land sells for so much it must be rare" post since you only quoted eBay. As for Gamestop, using their store locator I can turn up half a dozen copies within 40 miles of central NJ, which for the limited number of GB/GBC titles they carry now is quite a lot.

I bought this game the week it was released, and doubt it to have been much of a hot seller due to the people it appealed to, and console it was on, and I doubt it stayed on retail shelves that long.
    You'd be very surprised how many GBC games are still sitting in wholesaler's inventories over five years after the system was discontinued. Not to say that BM:EB is one of them, but there was a lot of unsold inventory in the pipe line when the GBA was released. I know that BM:EB was still being sold by SVG to stores like FYE, Value City and Khols at least through 2002.

At any rate, these are the current licensed R5's and there are no R6's (yet). Keep in mind that rarity is cross platform, which is one thing that is overlooked by almost every editor, and GB collecting has been almost non-existant up until recently, so a lot of rarities will be revised over time. I personally do not think BM:EB fits in with this group.

Classic Bubble Bobble - Metro3D
    Flintstones, The: Burgertime in Bedrock - Electro Source
    Formula One 2000 - Take2 Interact
    Hello Kitty's Cube Frenzy - NewKidCo
    Hoyle Card Games - Sierra
    Magical Drop - Classified
    Microsoft Pinball Arcade - Classified
    Playmobil: Laura - Ubi Soft
    Puzzle Master - Metro3D
    Quest Fantasy Challenge - SunSoft
    Return of the Ninja - Crave
    Rhino Rumble - Telegames
    Test Drive 2001 - Infogrames
    Titus the Fox - Titus
    Wendy: Every Witch Way - TDK
    Xena: Warrior Princess - Titus
    Xtreme Wheels - bam!
    Zoboomafoo: Playtime in Zobooland - Encore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SewLBirN

Classic Bubble Bobble - Metro3D
    Flintstones, The: Burgertime in Bedrock - Electro Source
    Formula One 2000 - Take2 Interact
    Hello Kitty's Cube Frenzy - NewKidCo
    Hoyle Card Games - Sierra
    Magical Drop - Classified
    Microsoft Pinball Arcade - Classified
    Playmobil: Laura - Ubi Soft
    Puzzle Master - Metro3D
    Quest Fantasy Challenge - SunSoft
    Return of the Ninja - Crave
    Rhino Rumble - Telegames
    Test Drive 2001 - Infogrames
    Titus the Fox - Titus
    Wendy: Every Witch Way - TDK
    Xena: Warrior Princess - Titus
    Xtreme Wheels - bam!
    Zoboomafoo: Playtime in Zobooland - Encore
    Heheh, yeah, I'd agree that it might not belong with the games on that list, and maybe shouldn't be as high as a 6, but I have my game collection up on Gamespot.com, and I don't know how reliable of source this would be, because I doubt many hardcore collectors are registered there, but there are only 39 other users who have this game in their collections there, and when compared to the 56 people on gamespot who own Clay Fighter Tournament Edition which ranks a 5, it gives a whole different out look on it.

A similar collection layout like the one gamespot have set up, would be awsome for the rarity guide, and would probably help alot with the rarity issues on alot of games.
    Heh, and yeah I wouldn't doubt there being someone who has a mountain of cases of BM: EB somewhere in storage along with Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, Ghosts n' Goblins, and Street Fighter Alpha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Default Gitaroo Man?

Hey,
    there's no rarity or price for Gitaroo Man!
    It should have a 7 or an 8 on the rarity scale,
    but it could be lower due to the new reprint
    copies floating around. Can anyone tell
    the original or reprint apart from one another?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=9536

Motocross racer/tomarc the barbarian for colecovision should be moved to non US Releases because it was only distributed in Canada and overseas, it should be a R10 in rarity also.
    First, it's not an R10. Definitely an R9, but not more. In all fairness, it's been slightly more difficult to obtain a copy of the Sir Lancelot/Robin Hood double-ender than the TB/MR double-ender over the last few years. Not by much, but by enough to notice. I personally have more copies of TB/MR than a good number of titles (and not for lack of trying), should that mean anything more.

As for moving to non-US releases ... I would hazard a guess that this would be confusing - I see the US/non-US split mostly one of "domestic" NTSC v. anything else. The XonoX double-ended titles were also released in Europe with a completely different label design, and moving them all over to non-US would make things a little tricker to differentiate.

If Canadian titles such as this are to be split out from US titles, then there are a pile of ColecoVision games that demonstrate significant packaging distinctions (cart, box, and manual -- not to mention printed notice of originating company) that would similarly have to be moved over.

Also, is it even clear that the SL/RH double-ender was released in the US? I don't even know anyone who has the domestic box for that game. As for TB/MR, I've seen it stated that it was only released in Canada, but not the supporting documentation to that effect. Idle curiosity, and all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tecmo Superbowl 2 special edition?

Wondering why this game is rated a 2?The value is a big $6.00.The supposed production run for this was 10,000 copies.It is a very hard game to find.I have find 3 copies in the wild and on e-bay in the last 3 years.Is there something I am missing?I hope not to offend anyone here.This is a great site for knowledge.Does anyone agree with me. x_x
    Thanks

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Default Re: Gitaroo Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15
    Hey,
    there's no rarity or price for Gitaroo Man!
    It should have a 7 or an 8 on the rarity scale,
    but it could be lower due to the new reprint
    copies floating around. Can anyone tell
    the original or reprint apart from one another?
    New games are not given raritys yet for reasons just like this. It's been re-released. It was never an R7 or R8, even after its first printing. Its a good game thats in demand and now that there was a good sized reprint made, its value and rarity have dropped quite a bit. There are no differences between the originals and the reprints except if they are still sealed. Original copies will have the White Security Sticker on them, the new copies do not.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got to say that Moon Ranger for the NES is definitely more than an R4, worth $5 (I know that it used to be an R3, but it looks like somebody bumbed it up).
    Personally, I think it should be at least a 5, but it probably deserves to be a 6. Whenever you see a list of games people need to complete their collection, this one is always in there. (In my case, I need 20 games to complete it, and I just found this game).
    I think that the value should at least be increased to $10 as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr.
    I've got to say that Moon Ranger for the NES is definitely more than an R4, worth $5 (I know that it used to be an R3, but it looks like somebody bumbed it up).
    Personally, I think it should be at least a 5, but it probably deserves to be a 6. Whenever you see a list of games people need to complete their collection, this one is always in there. (In my case, I need 20 games to complete it, and I just found this game).
    I agree with that. Moon Ranger should be given at least a 5 in rarity and 10$ value.
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand:
    "The dollar value is the suggested, "between collectors" purchase price."
    and have recently added Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3 to my DP collection list but found they have them listed as $1 and $2 respectively. I see them going on Ebay for a few to several dollars loose and around here they sell like hot cakes for $5+. I'm not sure about other areas but since they have been popular games the market demands a bit more than $2 worth on them.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have noticed some CD-i errors, Cartoon Carnival and The Berenstein Bears on their own and you on your own are both clearly games, they are for like 3 year old kids but they are games none the less and both are listed in the demoes samplers and non games sections and should be moved.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

XBOX -GTA Double Pack: $25? It is about $15 new
    XBOX -Riddick: $15? That seems a bit high

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This doesn't have to do about rarity, but I noticed that two of the images used in Castlevania: Dracula X were actually from Super Castlevania IV.

Link

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_NES
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr.
    I agree with that. Moon Ranger should be given at least a 5 in rarity and 10$ value.
    I too agree with this. This game is so hard to find. A $10-$15 value is about what it's worth but more than likely you will end up paying more for it online somewhere I have yet to find this game even though I do have the manual for it.