Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinball Hall of Fame for the Cube. Anyone get it?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pinball Hall of Fame for the Cube. Anyone get it?

I keep seeing ads for this but I never see it anywhere. Is it out yet? Has anyone seen it? It's only 20 bucks and even though the reviews are less than stellar, I really want it. Hell, I bought both Midway Arcade Treasures so this one can't be that bad. Anyway, the Cube version; who has it? Where is it? Tell me please... Cheers all.

V
    - I don't really like my friends. Yeah, I don't really like your friends either. -
    Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're god damn right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as shit were.-

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you like old-school pinball, you'll like the game. I have the Xbox version, and while the GameCube version was slated to come out recently, I wouldn't be surprised if you can't find it for a few months. I wasn't able to find the Xbox version for nearly two months after it was published, and I really wanted to because I was supposed to be writing a review of it.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846

Amazon has it available, shipping from Target. I have not seen one of these in any stores though.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked this up at Target about 2 or 3 weeks ago for $9.99 it was in a bargain section with other games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last time I checked EBGames' site, it said three of my local stores had a copy (it's also available on the site). I was thinking about getting the GCN version since I hadn't bothered to get the PS2 version yet and didn't really care what console I got it on, but I was at TRU on Sunday and saw that the PS2 version was part of their 2 for $20 sale, making it $10. So I decided to save five bucks and get the PS2 version.

Here's a couple threads where you can read more about the game:

You MUST buy Pinball Hall Of Fame!!!

Favorite console pinball games?

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have NEVER seen the Xbox version at ANY store - I had to order it online. The Cube version might suffer the same fate, so you're better off getting it through the net.

It rules, BTW. Very worthy purchase. It's worth it even at $20, but you can get it cheaper now.

Xbox version - $9.99
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1093469633292

GC version - $14.99
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1093469632884

PS2 version - $9.99
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1093469633190
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm.. that reminds me, I pre-ordered this game from some US online store... and I can't remember which one! Guess I'll be checkinig my emails later!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yeah I was gonna ask if the GC version had come out. Ordered it online myself but hasn't been listed as "released" yet with the site in question (VG+)

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

It's worth it, especially as a budget title. I don't know why the reviews were so negative anyway... The tables are nicely emulated and, aside from slow load times (at least on the PS2 version) and oversensitive table nudging (on the PS2 version, use it at all and you get a tilt), it's still lots of fun.

I never saw a copy of that game in Montreal (regardless of platform); I bought a brand-new, sealed copy on eBay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Yeah I was gonna ask if the GC version had come out. Ordered it online myself but hasn't been listed as "released" yet with the site in question (VG+)
    Just checked and I'd ordered mine from the same place - still says 'processing' though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think PHOF is the best pinball game ever. People complain about the physics being sluggish or clunky, but that's how some of these games actually play in real life (Tee'd Off and Black Hole come to mind). I dunno why, but it seems like Gotlieb's always played different from other pins for some reason.

If you have Live though, I highly recommend getting the Xbox version instead. The scoreboards make it a bit more enjoyable and competitive. The last time I checked, I was #1 in three of the tables too.

Central Park has to be the most difficult pin ever created. I think I only scored over 1,000 once.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

I just bought the Cube version at EB Games today.

Kristine

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Guess I'll shoot a mail off to VG+ and see (though I may not get a reply until they've waded through the copious PSP pre-orders!)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    It's worth it, especially as a budget title. I don't know why the reviews were so negative anyway... The tables are nicely emulated and, aside from slow load times (at least on the PS2 version) and oversensitive table nudging (on the PS2 version, use it at all and you get a tilt), it's still lots of fun.
    In my opinion, the table nudging is the BEST table nudging ever done on a pinball game. If I walk up to my real pinball machines and kick them, it will sure shake a lot, but the game will tilt too. If I shake it hard, after two or three it will tilt. If I shake softly, I can do it forever but I might not stop the ball from getting lost.

The game replicates that nearly perfectly to me. There have been times where I've grabbed and shook my games too hard without thinking, and sometimes I hit the nudge stick too far too. I think it's dead accurate

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    I think PHOF is the best pinball game ever. People complain about the physics being sluggish or clunky, but that's how some of these games actually play in real life (Tee'd Off and Black Hole come to mind). I dunno why, but it seems like Gotlieb's always played different from other pins for some reason.
    Tee'd Off actually has some serious physics problems in my opinion between the real game and the emulated game. It's disappointing to me, as Tee'd Off is the only solid state Gottlieb that I really liked. As for the others, I totally agree that the physics are pretty accurate. The complaints come from, in my opinion, players that are looking for the faster paced pins with tons of multiballs and special shots. A good number of the tables included with PHOF don't even have multiball options.

Personally, I *adore* tables like that, but I totally see how others don't.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well 6 stores later no Pinball. Didn't go to EB as there are none close, but pretty much everywhere else. 90% of the people I talked to had no f-in clue what I was talking about. It was hard enough to get them to put down their $@!*ing PSP's to talk to me. I may have to make the journey to an EB games tomorrow. Ughhhhh
    - I don't really like my friends. Yeah, I don't really like your friends either. -
    Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're god damn right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as shit were.-

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok update: After hearing about folks getting them from EB, I decided to call the nearest (15 miles away) one. They had 1 I told the guy on the phone to hold it for me. He said they don't hold games. I told him my sob story and basically said in the nicest terms possible that if he didn't hold it he, his family, friends and probably his dog would be statistics of random accidents . (Don't get me wrong I was very nice and he was cool) When I showed up (behind the guy buying 450.00 bucks of preorder PSP crap and accessories for tomorrow {who says people don't have disposable income? } he was totally amazed when I told him by name that I was here for the game) He laughed and told me how folks never show up who hold games. I asked if the PSP had that button problem fixed and he said "oh yeah". That only affected about 3% of the the original batch. He had one out and showed it to me. I played some Baldours Gate ripoff. The joy-pad thingy seemed quite weird but I got used to it. I checked out the USB connection and that one connection on the bottom left (he had no idea what it was for) and all over for connections. (I love extra ports btw) Anyway, it seems like a pretty cool machine. Not 250.00 worth of cool (at least to me) but cool. I also picked up a GC bowling game called Strike Force Bowling by the same company. (As no lists in these stores showed Pinball or this I thought I'd pick it up. Yeah I'm a sucker for the classics ) Shoot, at 15.00 each you can't go wrong. Oh I also picked up a boxed SNES Battleship for 5.00 at one of the other stores that had no idea what I was talking about with the Pinball game .Did I mention I'm also a sucker for sea warfare? Anyway, I'm off to play some pinball I thank you all for looking at this thread and reading my whole ramblings.

Cheers all.

V

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Guess I'll shoot a mail off to VG+ and see (though I may not get a reply until they've waded through the copious PSP pre-orders!)
    Have you had a reply?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yeah I did amazingly enough... they are currently sourcing stock from the US as the game doesn't appear to be scheduled for release in Canada itself (which probably explains why Lady Jaye had to go to eBay).

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Yeah, that explains a lot. As if us Canucks wouldn't like to play pinball... (says she who owns Pokémon Pinball and Muppets Pinball Mayhem) :/ Of course, that also makes me one of the few Canadians to own that game...

And when I bought my copy, it was the 3rd auction I'd bid on (since I knew how much the game actually retailed in the US, I let go of the first 2 auctions after being outbid above the price I was willing to pay).

@Goatdan: On which platform did you play the game? My nudging=tilt experience is on the PS2 version. Maybe the Xbox version is better on that part?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

So is there any difference at all between the PS2 and the GC versions? I have the PS2 but I would pick up the GC version if it were better in some way...

Chris