Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rich people bother me. (PSP related)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rich people bother me. (PSP related)

Man, I just got back from a GameCrazy. This little 14 year old kid was in there with his dad, and he was getting a PSP.

Daddy was getting him one.

The little spoiled azz kid! Damn, I never got stuff like that when I was that age. Shit, I didn't get crap.

Kids these days just getting freaking $300 portable game systems, like it's no big thing.

All I know is that 14 year old kid better be getting straight A's or something, because that is way too expensive of a toy to be buying some brat kid.

I'm just pissed cause I can't really afford to get a PSP right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shvnsth
    PSN
    shvnsth
    Steam
    shvnsth

ok
    Formerly known as "umich."

collection/buy/sell: https://tinyurl.com/shvnsth

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Summer Soldier

I can't really afford one either. I will hopefully be getting a DS or a 20 gig iPod for my birthday, or maybe I'll have to wait for Christmas. I'm 15 years old, and yes, I do get straight A's. And I work damn hard for them too, dammit. Not everyone is a spoiled little brat.
    In a land beyond sight...

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$200 is my limit when it comes to systems brand new

but a majority of the time, I will not budge until it's $150 or $99
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AFGiant
    I can't really afford one either. I will hopefully be getting a DS or a 20 gig iPod for my birthday, or maybe I'll have to wait for Christmas. I'm 15 years old, and yes, I do get straight A's. And I work damn hard for them too, dammit. Not everyone is a spoiled little brat.

Hey, if you are getting straight A's, then much love. I have respect for that. All I can say is keep it up. I can remember that when I was in high school, when I was a Freshman and Sophmore, I also got very good grades, nothing buy A's and B's, but then when I was a Junior, I got caught up in the game of "trying to be popular" and "trying to be down with the "in" click". So I started going to parties, drinking alcohol, skipping class, smoking weed, etc, etc, etc. Well, I did graduate from High School, but my Junior and Senior year I got terrible grades and I didn't end up getting good enough grades to go to a major University.

So the moral of the story is, keep getting the straight A's man. I'm serious. Keep with it. All the way through graduation. Get your ass in a kick ass 4 year real deal university, and get yourself a degree.

Forget the partying, and the girls and the "in" crowd and all that crap, and get good grades and get yourself into a decent University.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

...maybe it's his birthday? I mean geez. Let the kid enjoy his games.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe an uncle died and left the kid some cash. or maybe the kid won some sort of contest. or maybe who gives a shit because you dont know everyone's story.
    Frobba.com - Stuff No One Cares About

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Look, who knows, but if you saw this kid, and you saw his dad, then you would be assuming the same thing I am.

Simply a rich dad, buying a rich kid anthing he wants.

of course I could be totally wrong, but I'm sticking to my guns. I would be shocked if I was mistaken the way both of them were acting. It's hard to explain, but sometimes you can learn a ton just by watching somebody for a minute.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Summer Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Quote Originally Posted by AFGiant

Hey, if you are getting straight A's, then much love. I have respect for that. All I can say is keep it up. I can remember that when I was in high school, when I was a Freshman and Sophmore, I also got very good grades, nothing buy A's and B's, but then when I was a Junior, I got caught up in the game of "trying to be popular" and "trying to be down with the "in" click". So I started going to parties, drinking alcohol, skipping class, smoking weed, etc, etc, etc. Well, I did graduate from High School, but my Junior and Senior year I got terrible grades and I didn't end up getting good enough grades to go to a major University.

So the moral of the story is, keep getting the straight A's man. I'm serious. Keep with it. All the way through graduation. Get your ass in a kick ass 4 year real deal university, and get yourself a degree.

Forget the partying, and the girls and the "in" crowd and all that crap, and get good grades and get yourself into a decent University.
    Great, that's seriously advice. I mean it. By straight A's, I mean I have a 99.7 average. I am in all honors courses and am getting college credits by taking AP classes. I'm on track to finish high school with almost an entire semester of college finished. I usually do about 4 hours minimum of homework a day, and can exceed that on the weekends. Average amount of sleep per night is about 6 hours. Fun fun fun. But yeah, I'll stick it out.

And also, I entirely agree with you that non-deserving spoiled children should not get expensive things which they just don't need. Friends of the family have a couple of children, 5 and 6 years old, getting $300 digital cameras for Christmas, when I was wanting one for a long time (I eventually got a good digital camera, mind you, but I understand your feeling.) My point is that you just jumped to the conclusion that a 14 year old was getting a PSP and his dad was buying it. Not everyone who gets stuff doesn't deserve it, and that kid might have. Who knows.
    In a land beyond sight...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Default Re: Rich people bother me. (PSP related)

Man, I just got back from a GameCrazy. This little 14 year old kid was in there with his dad, and he was getting a PSP.

Daddy was getting him one.

The little spoiled azz kid! Damn, I never got stuff like that when I was that age. Shit, I didn't get crap.

Kids these days just getting freaking $300 portable game systems, like it's no big thing.

All I know is that 14 year old kid better be getting straight A's or something, because that is way too expensive of a toy to be buying some brat kid.

now suppose that kid is a genius and is already half way through a major university and intends to take the PSP apart and try to do some genius engineering thing for a thesis paper.....is he still a brat that daddy is buying something for?

or....maybe the kid saved his money and his dad is into games too and they are splitting the cost and sharing a new system ... $150 isnt bad to pay for a new system and now two game loves in one house have the newest hottest system

or....i can go on and on...but, you shouldnt judge people you dont really really know
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with you for the most part and good grades are the key to getting in a good college, but no girls? Kid going to go nuts.

As for the topic of kids getting expense system bought for them. So what? I recieved a Saturn on my 12 birthday and they were going for 350 to 400 dollars at the time. Is my family rich? No. I'm I spoiled? No.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive seen kids who parents buy them like 20 xbox games at a time around me in boca raton. its sickening. and i mod xboxes on the side. and ive had kids shell out 600 bucks on like a 400GB hdd and the best chip and everything else. but in that case, cash is cash i guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can afford one right now, but I most likely, about 80%, will not be getting one on Friday. If I did, it would be with Lumines. But I would much rather wait for a price drop.

Someone better help me from buying it. Damn please stop me.

Just keep telling yourself, Jasoco. Wait for it to drop in price. Wait for it to drop in price.

Fortunately I'm off tomorrow. If I'm lucky, my store will sell out and won't get it back in for a while.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't have to forget about those things, they forgot about me. And I still didn't get good grades. I managed a low B average despite about 2/3 attendence in high school, but I was able to skid by on intelligence. Most kids who are as miserable as I was don't fare so well I would think.

Forgetting that stuff doesn't lead to good grades necessarily, some people don't test well for instance.

Good grades are nice and all, but they don't really mean anything other than the kid is doing schoolwork and tests well.

I got into an OK college anyway, but it upsets me that grades are considered by some to be a measure of intelligence (though I got better grades in college).

Why do you want one? It doesn't exactly have any games worth a @#$%.
    I doubt that it ever will. If you had the money youd be better off with a PCE GT or something. Both have bad battery life, but the GT has games.

...maybe it's his birthday? I mean geez. Let the kid enjoy his games.
    Very funny... Like hell if I ever got anything that expensive for my birthday. If the kid's parents can afford to buy him that for his birthday, they have too much money to throw around. Other kids don't even have enough to eat on their birthday, let alone stupid yuppie gadgets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    I agree with you for the most part and good grades are the key to getting in a good college, but no girls? Kid going to go nuts.
    Seriously, don't forget the girls (if you're batting from that side of the plate). I went to a great university, got great grades, and now have a great carreer. I still had a great time and had some great experiences with the opposite sex.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Look, who knows, but if you saw this kid, and you saw his dad, then you would be assuming the same thing I am.

Simply a rich dad, buying a rich kid anthing he wants.

of course I could be totally wrong, but I'm sticking to my guns. I would be shocked if I was mistaken the way both of them were acting. It's hard to explain, but sometimes you can learn a ton just by watching somebody for a minute.
    Jesus.

If I make as much money as I plan to be making by the time I have children, you're damn right I'm going to spoil them. My parents worked hard as hell to get me a good education and it's (hopefully) landed me one hell of a job. They wanted the best for me and I want the best for any children I intend to have.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a parent buying something for his kid, "just because."

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Think of it this way...IF this kid really is a "spoiled little rich brat" then he's going to get a seriously rude awakening when he joins the real world.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of the Felines
    Think of it this way...IF this kid really is a "spoiled little rich brat" then he's going to get a seriously rude awakening when he joins the real world.

Kristine
    Good call!
    Frobba.com - Stuff No One Cares About

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testament89

As for the topic of kids getting expense system bought for them. So what? I recieved a Saturn on my 12 birthday and they were going for 350 to 400 dollars at the time. Is my family rich? No. I'm I spoiled? No.

Yeah, but that's a home system. A home system is different to me than a portable. Portables are made to be broken. $300 is alot of money to sink into something that is likely to have scratches on it, and be dropped, etc, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Anthony1, what if he is like Doogie Howser and he all ready has a PHD in medicine and is buying it for his hardworking Dad? Did you ever think of that angle...HUH?

Seriously though when I was 7 or 8, I saved up all my money for a year (doing chores, good grades, birthday $ from Grandma, etc..) and I bought, with my own money a NES with Metroid, Super Mario Bros., and Castlevania. I continued doing that my whole life w the SNES, GENESIS, Turbo DUO, SEGA CD, and so on and so on..........