Thread: Burned by seller?!

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Burned by seller?!

So, I got my first negative feedback about a month ago. Although I'm not too steamed that the seller left me a neg. feedback, I just thought that I would share my experience with you all. I bid on what I assumed was a complete non-GH Castlevania SOTN. The seller told me to be sure to read the description, which I read over three times before bidding. When I won the item for a little over $20 and recieved it in the mail, I was an equal amount of pissed off and astonished to find the Castlevania SOTN CD in a Gamestop cheap plastic case and a printed out CD cover. Then I proceed to leave the seller a neutral feedback, and he then responds to that with a negative feedback claiming that I didn't read the description. After combing through the item listing I finally find a spot in the "Seller's Payment Instructions" that claims that if CD cover and instructions are included it will be stated in the description.

I'll admit that it might be partly my fault for not reading the fine print in the "Sellers Payment Instruction" but that is just $#@%^# wrong! And what is it with sellers not posting feedback until buyer posts, I did my job as a buyer (paid promptly, good communication), on top of the fact that I leave a neutral (even after feeling like I got burned) and he leaves a neg!

Here is my feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...erid=shoes23sd

Here is the item listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8166957143

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Did you try to work it out with him before leaving him neutral feedback? I agree that what he did was shady, hiding the fact that it was loose in the "payment instructions". He's probably using a stolen picture in his auction. I would report him to ebay, and if you paid via paypal, try to get your money back. But next time you should e-mail the seller with your concerns before leaving him unfavorable feedback.

Chris

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should have emailed prior to ever placing a bid if you were concerned about the completeness. No where in the auction is it mentioned, and the picture does clearly show a GH disc, so in my opinion you haven't done your homework.

And that doesn't look to have any back cover, it's clear on the left side, so it should have at made you think the case is missing, possibly a copy of the front even.. Looks like you got exactly what was pictured in the auction. You assumed it would be complete, it would be all original, & that it was a non-GH, but I'm sure if you had taken the time to email to ask, the seller would have provided you with any answers he could.

I think you over reacted in posting the Neutral feedback. Maybe you are not completely happy with what you bought, but no one made you buy in the first place. If you were unsure on something because you are just not well versed, or because of condensed description, that in no way makes it alright for you to just neg/neu the seller because you are unhappy.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was the silver disk that he listed the disk you received? If so, then you really got screwed over as that is indeed the GH disk. The original SOTN one is black with yellow wording.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always assume the game is incomplete unless it's stated to be complete. If there was any doubt, I would've asked him about it. I see where the seller is coming from, but I still think responding to a neutral with a negative is too harsh.

Besides, I don't think leaving feedback should be the grounds for receiving feedback. You paid for the game, and you didn't ask for a refund. You should've still gotten positive feedback.

Maybe you should email him and tell him you'll withdraw your neutral feedback if he withdraws his negative feedback.

EDIT: I also just noticed that the stock photo is of the Greatest Hits version. Didn't you?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Realy annoying. I dont see anything in the auction either that saying that the manual isnt included.
    I've had the same situation 2 times before. One time I bought a PC game and a codewheel was missing, but the auction said that the game was complete, which it wasnt. The seller wouldnt give me any refund or anything so i gave him neutral feedback.

Other time i bought a NES game and it said "virtualy new in box". So i assumed that the manual was included, but it wasnt. The seller was rude when I complained about this and threatend me with a negative feedback.
    The seller also overcharged alot on shipping.

So.. if the seller is a bitch there isnt much you can do Atleast that is my experience. Too bad there is some realy bad sellers out there who should really find something else to do than sell.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This seller obviously knows games he could have stated cd only upfront but he knows the value drops and nobody intensly bids on a cd only or gh game. Look at his other auction he proudly states contents because he knows people will pay. In your auction he conviently puts auction description in the mist of all the auction worthless babble. I honestly believe the ebay policy should be all items in the picture are the actual items for sale. Your are gonna get some it is your fault responses for not reading but the truth is auction wording can be manipulated on any listing and anyone can be rip off. Bottom line I feel it comes down to honesty and integrety. It is a shame that slick sellers ruin the auction experience. You know the first years of ebay growth the auction experience was much more rewarding. Now the Con artist are running so rampant it's starting not to be worth it. In the last year alone I have been ripped off 4Xs and never recieved a refund from Paypal. So you just have to be extremely careful
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

Ah yes... BEN. What he's doing isn't technically wrong, but it's certainly shady. If it's complete, he says so clearly in the beginning of the action. If its incomplete, he says nothing except in the fine print at the bottom where he says if it's complete he'll say so. Not WRONG, but SHADY. He's a dick, really... but a lot of E-bay sellers are dicks. He's certainly not the first, the last, or the worst.

Cheers
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

whoops. double post!

:/
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey Butt

I honestly believe the ebay policy should be all items in the picture are the actual items for sale.
    But ebay is indeed a business. And like any other business, either online or retail, they want it to be as easy as possible for people to use there service. If things had to be the acutal items for sale, and they had no stock images or stock descriptions, then not as many people would use their service and the wouldn't be the big busness that they are today.

So it would seem like you got screwed by a deceitful description, but you did infact get wat was shown in the picture. The seller even used the GH stock art.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, The seller is a moron. But...

You complain about what you could SEE AND AVOID???

Well. I didn't go for the Stock Photo. I went directly to the actual photo and there you can see one of those horrible plastic cases used in rentals. And EVERYBODY KNOWS that the manual cannot fit inside one of those cases- Only the first page at most. The seller took a not so bright but nevertheless clear picture and you can easily see the disk outside and MISTERIOUSLY (?) the manual that could easily be taken out in order to be in the picture, is not there.

HOW DID YOU DEDUCE THE GAME WAS COMPLETE? :/

I go to the very bottom of the Auction to read any fine print. eBay is a business indeed and your bid is a compromise. Do you sign every contract you get only by looking at the title and the pics???
    ...No more, it's over, I'm on to you and your evil games...

Strawberry (Level 2) GunPanther's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FYI: This is what the Non GH version disc of SOTN looks like:

GunPanther
    "Sometimes you just have to shoot their limbs to get their attention."

Good traders: Querjek, k8track, youruglyclone

http://users.ign.com/collection/gymleader_panther

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What strikes me as odd is how you didn't notice the game was incomplete from the picture. I'll totally agree with you on how a lot of sellers will try and burn you like this, but defenitely take a good look at the pic next time.