Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Import Saturn Collection is too small. :( *pics*

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

wow.... that's a lot of questions mate.

never been a fan of AC series I wasn't keen on GG though I have to say it's not too shabby for what it is...
    i myself didn't get PS2 till last year when I had chance to pick up PS2 Test unit - so now I can play all my PS2 Gundam titles...

About you BS remark makes me to check out my copy again.
    I don't normally take the manual out of jewel case - I never bothered to read any manual. period...

On VO, the netlink versions were released both in JP and US and from what I know they require the NetLink/X-Band modem module in order to run. I have all four version collected over the years although I usually play DC VOOT...

And Cyberbots I have both std release and 1st print LE box set although it's been years since I played it...
    I'm not a huge fan of Vs fighting but I prefer big mecha going at each other than human beating each other... just personal preferences...

cheers

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm drooling on a Cyberbots LE box set right now! But I really shouldn't spend $150 on it right now. I was just hoping to find a nice new copy of the standard release, but that box set looks ssssooo sssswwwweeeeeettt, and I have sssooo fffeeewww box sets... Somebody help me! I'm getting weak!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Few games my ass! My entire Saturn colection with both domestic and import is at best one third of what you have pictured. Sad part, I'm not even sure as to how well the quality of much of them are as I cant play any of them right now. Off the top of my head my colection is only around 15 games tops. Best things that come to mind in it would be House of the Dead, X-men vs Street Fighter, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms p4, and Virtua On. Having Raident Silvergun, D&D colection, and a few of the other titles you have listed are enough to make it a better start then anything I could think of. You already have most of the expensive titles that I'm aware of. Most of what I see missing from your colection would be cheap and easy to get after some hard looking. I look at your colection and drool. Please, I beg, for future refrence never refer to them as crap. It's just to beautiful a colection to be called such.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

when I started off years ago - more than a decade in fact - I never imagined one day I would be with huge number of titles...
    Saturn was and is still number one console in my heart closely followed by Dreamcast. I do have other consoles to play titles I wanted over the years but Saturn and DC are the true favourite of mine...

when I see the picture of people with dedicated game room I'm jealous of them. I wish I have a spare room at the house to use as dedicated game room but alas big house and living near CBD doesn't always go hand in hand... if I want bigger house I will be looking at 2-2.5M - the kind of money I simply don't have nor afford... besides I really have no plan to move at this time...

being a collector and family man isn't easy thing to manage...
    not only the cost involves to source titles but you have to worry about the space issue...
    I have most of my bulkier items packed and stored and even many of less played titles all stored away to save the space and I'm constantly out of space when I get new items... not to mention getting earful of lecture from missus...

you guys who is single count yourselves lucky and enjoy the collecting but be warned when you get married it won't be easy thing o continue and you may even have to drop it completely...

just my rambling...
    cheers

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I envy all the people with game rooms and wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling shelving too. All my games are stacked in cardboard boxes that aren't exactly the easiest to get to when I wanna play a game. I need to get another CD rack for all my CD games too. Mine holds 500 CD's, and yet every time I get a new CD game I have to decide what will leave the rack to go into a box or just put the new game into a box. But worse still, I have no place to put a new CD rack. So I really need to have wall-to-wall floor-to-celing shelving too, but that wouldn't work in my room anyway. I have no place for that either. I'd have to move into a new house to have a nice game room, or we'd just have to add a room onto our existing house, but that'll never happen either.

But, nobody is gonna tell me what I can or can't collect, or they're gonna find themselves written out of my life. My games are my passion, so if they can't handle it, they can go somewhere else. I've been collecting for far too long now to ever stop until I want to stop, and I still don't want to stop yet. But then my collection isn't so large that it has to reside anywhere outside of my room yet either, and hopefully it will never get that large, that would be too much. So I guess in that sense it helps alot that the only system I kept all the boxes for is the Genesis. It really sucks that I don't have all the boxes for everything else, but that's why space still isn't a big problem in my room. If I had kept all the boxes for everything, then it would be a serious problem.

As for my import collection, I really never expected that I would ever have as many as I do now either. But it's all the Saturn imports that are changing all that for me now. I only have a couple of MegaDrive imports, a couple of SFC imports, a couple of Dreamcast imports, and one PlayStation import, other than all my Saturn imports, and I only had a half dozen Saturn imports about a year ago. Then I decided that I wanted to get a few more Saturn imports, and now I just can't stop buying them. I'm hopelessly addicted to collecting them! But everybody knows the Saturn is an import system anyway, so it's cool to finally be getting all the stuff that I wished I could afford back in the day! I have way more stuff now than I could ever have gotten back then.

But... Still no Radiant Silvergun, or D&D Collection, or Cyberbots, or most of the really expensive imports yet, so I have to agree with all the others here, you're off to a really great start with your collection for sure, Gun Panther! It's all the expensive titles that are breaking my bank now, but you already have most of those tackled, so you should be able to build it up with the less expensive titles very quickly, like I've been doing for almost a year now. It's amazing how quickly the numbers can climb if you just stick with what you can get cheaply, and shop around for the best deals on whatever you get. I'm living proof of that. I only massively overpaid a couple of times, and I only made one massively expensive purchase so far, so I think I'm doing very well.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    If you are really into Saturn imports, for the fun of playing them, then I highly suggest getting a modded Saturn and some Import backups.

Sure, it's highly illegal, and totally immoral, and downright shamefull, but the key is that you get to actually try all these damn games out, for virtually nothing, and then if you find that you really, really like a certain game, then go ahead and pay a totally exhorbiant price for it on Ebay.

No harm in trying the backups to determine what really, truly is a must own title that you can't live without.
    Or tr to get hold of a 2nd Saturn to mod instead 8shrug*

Nice collection thus far though!
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)