Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default PSP and Copying Movie Clips

Okay, now that Joe has given the go-ahead to start sub related PSP threads, here's one I'm wanting to know more about that we talked about some in the original thread -- moving video clips over to your PSP so you can watch them.

PSP Video 9 is very good at this, as mentioned, and it's free. It does take a while to convert them for the PSP, but if you tweak with your graphical and sound settings, you cna help to reduce the space on the stick.

But it can't convert Window Media Player files. Anyone know another program that can?

Also, I've noticed that even though some video clips are in stero on my PC and I convert them as Stero and with the audio boosted to 200%, when I play them on my PSP its mono sound only and does'nt sound boosted. Has this happened to anyone else?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use a program called alive media converter or something to affect, unfortunately it's not freeware.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

get WinAVI and you can convert almost any kind of movie file to any kind of movie file. You can do AVI to VOB or almost any other combination. Convert to VOB and then use the psp program...

Just an idea, I have not begun to toy with the video stuff on my PSP yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the latest issue of OPM they talk about how to do it and list some software you can use, when I get home I'll post it.

If you're using a Mac you can use an app called iPSP

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are the three major PSP video-conversion utils I know of; please lemme know if I've missed any.

PSP Video 9 (http://www.pspvideo9.com). Gives you much more control over conversion settings than the other utils. The website has wonderful tutorials on converting video clips and DVDs to the PSP. Copies video files to the PSP instead of making you do it manually. Slow to convert, especially with the two-pass option turned on, but runs in the background.

3GP_Converter (http://www.nurs.or.jp/~calcium/3gpp/). Click-and-drag converter. Creates THM thumbnail files to accompany the clips. You have to copy video files to the PSP manually. No two-pass option I could find.

iPSP (http://www.kaisakura.com). Costs $20; the other utils are freeware. The only util with a Mac version. Very friendly, but gives you the least amount of control over or information about the conversion process.

In my limited tests so far, I can't perceive any major video/audio quality differences between the three utils (on a single pass, that is; PSP Video 9's two-pass clips are noticeably better than 3GP Converter's one-pass clips).

I dig PSP Video 9 the best, but what about the rest of ya?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've been able to encode and play (totally gorgeous) 1500kpbs video clips on the PSP, which contradicts the PSP manual's claim that you can't play a clip encoded higher than 768kpbs. Has anyone had problems with >768 clips?

-- Z.