Thread: Ugh... Jimmy Connors Tennis for NES a major PITA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ugh... Jimmy Connors Tennis for NES a major PITA

DP has it rated as one of those scant few games that break the "5" rarity mark, as a bonnafide 6.
    I'd make this at least a 7.
    I'm collecting backwards using the DP ratings as a guide- buying the rarest and most expensive first. I already have most of the 5's, 6's and 7's out of the way. But this one, UGH...

As of 2:04 EST, there are zero on ebay auctions, one in ebay stores for $20 for just the cart (which i'll probably have to buy...), and ZERO in ebay completed history. I've been hunting it for a long time...

There have been ZERO at the game stores I regularly call, and the two other hardcore NES collectors in my town are also down to the "short list" of games needed for a complete colletiion, and each are also sans this game.
    The number of NES collectors that I exchange emails with are all also short this game...

Does anyone here actually have one?
    DOES IT EVEN EXIST?!?!?!
    IS JIMMY CONNORS TENNIS FOR NES JUST A BIG LIE, PUT THERE AS SOME SORT OF AN INSIDE JOKE TO DRIVE COLLLECTORS CRAZY?!?!?!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have one, cost me 2.99 at Gamestop a long time back

Anyways, a couple months ago, I was out of town and I stopped at an Gamerush. They had one priced at 4.99. I left it. I got home, checked the boards....All Gamerush Retro Games are .99 now.

Amyway, yeah, it's kinda hard to find but not impossible

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a copy. It is a really hard game to find, but I once actually saw two copies of it in the same gamestore. They had stickers all over them, and since I already had it, I didn't buy either of them.
    I think there are many NES games that are alot harder to find than most people think. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (UBI Soft) is also a very rare game, and is equally hard to find as Jimmy Conners Tennis. I also think that Kid Klown is a really tough one, as well as Motor City Patrol, and Zombie Nation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Kid Klown is a BITCH to find, Haven't gotten it yet. Motor City Patrol and Zombie Nation are two others I still need, but I have seen Motor City Patrol before.

Until a couple months ago I had never, ever, seen a copy of Kiwi Kraze. Didn't even know what the LABEL looked like! And I had been collecting for 3 years. I was out of town, walked into EB games, there it was. 5.99 Oh wait, they have two copies...odd....wait, they have THREE copies.

Yep, 3 copies of the game in there. I bought one, left the other two, but it was odd to see.

Anyways, if anyone has any spare NES games they want to trade, here's what I need (as well as my trade list), http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57098 , Shameless? damn straight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I agree. Jimmy Connors is a complete bitch to find. I've *never* seen one in the wild in my 7 years of collecting NES and it's one of only 6 or 7 R6's and above I don't have in my collection. Looks like I'll have to resort to Ebay to get a copy.

Race America is another one I've never seen before in the wild. That one, like JC, rarely shows up on Ebay too.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I found one at my local goodwill mint, Cart only of course, and im selling it, to bad it is in my one huge lot im sellinng otherwise one of you guys could have it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Yeah, that and Ubisoft Indy are indeed pains. I will stand behind the R6... it's close to a 7, but I don't think it belongs there.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    Yeah, that and Ubisoft Indy are indeed pains. I will stand behind the R6... it's close to a 7, but I don't think it belongs there.

dave
    That one is EASILY overlooked, I wonder who's bright Idea it was to use almost exact cover art?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This furthers my belief that rarities are regional. I've seen at least 4 copies in the wild before, but only purchased the one. I've also had incredible luck finding Pro Sport Hockeys. Yet, there are games that people find all the time that I've never seen here. I've never seen a copy of GI Joe (Taxan) or any of the AD&D games in the wild here. If I see another Jimmy Conner's Tennis when I'm out on Friday I'll pick one up for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

FlufflePuff, do you have any spare Pro Sport Hockey's? If so, check my trade list in the thread I posted above.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

I have seen plenty of Race Americas and Jimmy Conner Tennis around my area in the past. Never seen a Pro Sport Hockey in the wild or a Zombie Nation or many of the R5's.

I also never realised the rarity of some of the AVE carts. I passed on a Venice Beach Volleyball the other day because it was $3. I thought I could get it for less. While looking through the NES carts I needed I found out it was a R6. I ordered my Solitare on ebgames.com for around $3.xx shipped and never knew it was an R7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Ugh... Jimmy Connors Tennis for NES a major PITA

Quote Originally Posted by Landon
    DOES IT EVEN EXIST?!?!?!
    IS JIMMY CONNORS TENNIS FOR NES JUST A BIG LIE, PUT THERE AS SOME SORT OF AN INSIDE JOKE TO DRIVE COLLLECTORS CRAZY?!?!?!
    Ha ha... No, that would be Asterix which probably still leaves newbie collectors dumbfounded when they first come across Etler's old list.

I've never seen JC Tennis either in 5+ years of searching. But I do believe rarity is highly regional because I've come across Zombie Nation atleast 10 times in my travels. In fact, I once found 2 complete copies on the same day! (the extra one is long gone now). However, I've never seen some of the late sequels in the wild: Ducktales 2, Chip & Dale 2, Bomberman 2, etc.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    DOES IT EVEN EXIST?!?!?!
    Ha ha... No, that would be Asterix which probably still leaves newbie collectors dumbfounded when they first come across Etler's old list.

I've never seen JC Tennis either in 5+ years of searching. But I do believe rarity is highly regional because I've come across Zombie Nation atleast 10 times in my travels. In fact, I once found 2 complete copies on the same day! (the extra one is long gone now). However, I've never seen some of the late sequels in the wild: Ducktales 2, Chip & Dale 2, Bomberman 2, etc.
    Took me approximately 5-6 years of hunting to find Ducktales 2 and Chip & Dale 2. I've actually seen Ducktales 2 once more for 15.00 (which is what I paid for it when I finally found it) and C&D 2 one more for 15.00 (originally cost me 5.00)

Bomberman 2, on the other hand, I have never seen in person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do believe in a regional bend for certain titles, especially as it relates to sports games.

It shouldn't come as a shock that one might be more inclined to find a Pro Sport Hockey in Minnesota than they might be in, say, Arizona.

I am firm in my belief that JCTis a R7 (contrast it to other R7's like Aladdin Carts, Namco Ms PacMan or Qix that while a major PITA, are still there to be had far more regularly than JCT)

In my time collecting, the name of this game comes up time and time again amongst the more advanced collectors I know as being one of the most difficult "gray" carts there is.

Anyway, i'm glad it will officially remain a R6. If DP upgraded it to a R7, there would definitley be a clamor and i'd never ever have a chance at one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HEY!
    I just went to ebay to suck it up and pay $20 for that one copy of JCT and it was gone!

Which one of you turkeys aced me on it

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm

Bomberman 2, on the other hand, I have never seen in person.
    That one is a pain to find After years of searching in the wild I finally found a factory sealed copy of Bomberman 2

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

HEY!
    I just went to ebay to suck it up and pay $20 for that one copy of JCT and it was gone!

Which one of you turkeys aced me on it
    It's still there.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a completed on right here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

It completed yesterday.

I remember when I was NES collecting, I had a boxed copy. I sold it, forgot to whom or where.