Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Questions for Companies at E3

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, ask sony
    Any new Parappa the Rappa or Um Jammer Lammy games for PS2/3/PSP?
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GimmeSomeReggae

If it's not too late...

SNK: This isn't much of a question. Rather, it's a demand. Release an updated version of "Baseball Stars..."

...or else.

If hostages have to be taken, I'll understand. And if Joe/Portnoyd end up getting killed in a police shoot-out, they will not have died in vain.

-A Boy
    Hmph.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, now that the show has started (I believe it opens today,) Let's give this a bump so people can answer the questions contained within it.

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I know that a few of mine have been answered already, and they were good answers
    1. I asked if Lucas Arts was planning on bringing out a new Indiana Jones game and they indeed are
    2. I asked if Agetec was going to be bringing out a new RPG Maker, and the information came out a couple of weeks ago
    3. I asked if Spike was going to be making any new wrestling games and a couple of weeks ago they announced that they were going to be working on a brand new Fire Prowrestling title
    4. I asked if Nintendo was going to be releasing any of their NES classics onto a collection for the Gamecube and then they announce that with the Revolution you will be able to download supposedly every NES, SNES, and N64 game ever. So...I think my question was answered in a BIG way there

This has been a good E3 for me

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So what are the answers?! I'm dying to know!

/even though some or most have been answered

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So.....

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, I looked into it and found an answer to my own Chulip question. Turns out it hasn't been scrapped. Natsume showed it at E3, and they gave it a new release date of Q4 2005. A long wait compared to the original January release date, but better than nothing.

They say the reason for the delay is that they want an "awesome translation", which is understandable since it doesn't seem like the kind of game that would be easy to translate (which is the main reason why I'd prefer to play it in English; it seems like the type of game that really benefits from understanding the text).

However, there is also talk that they're giving the American version brand new graphics to localize it better for the US market. They're saying that some of the content isn't right for the US market, which contradicts their earlier statement that they would absolutely not make changes to the game to reflect the cultural differences between Japan and the US. A lot of gamers are taking this as if they're sterilizing the game for a US audience, considering it does has a lot of content that the US will see as risque.

This is Natsume we're talking about, though, so I have faith that it'll be a good, accurate localization without too much in the line of Americanizing, toning down, and censoring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Natsume: Harvest Moon for Girls?
    If you mean "for girls" as in "you play as a girl" then More Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) and Another Wonderful Life (GCN)

Squeenix: Dragon Quest 8
    Yes its coming, the had an involved and elaborate demo at the show.

Working Designs: All questions
    They were a no show. Wave goodbye, boys and girls.

SNK: Sam Sho V US? KOF 95-99
    Not sure. Both were there on demo, but I forgot to ask. Take it with a grain of salt though...they were also demo-ing the Twinkle Star Sprites PS2 game that they said would not be coming out here.

Nintendo: Revolution controllers, wired or wifi
    Wifi

Crave: More Pinball Hall of Fame packs?
    Doubtful so far

Sega: Rerelase for Rez? new REAL Shining game
    Rez got canned
    Shining Force Neo was on demo....not sure what you mean by real though...

Koei: Sequel to Gitaroo Man?
    No, but an improptu petition to create a sequel WAS started. I was about the 5th person to sign it

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote:
    Koei: Sequel to Gitaroo Man?

No, but an improptu petition to create a sequel WAS started. I was about the 5th person to sign it
    Seriously? I'd love to sign that myself. It probably won't do anything, but it's always worth a shot!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    If you mean "for girls" as in "you play as a girl" then More Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) and Another Wonderful Life (GCN)
    Isn't there a Harvest Moon game(s?) where you play as a girl and look for a husband? I'm guessing that's what the question was in regards to. And I'm also guessing the US will never see it, or the Tokimeki Memorial games for girls, or basically any kind of game where you play a girl and try to get a man... :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Isn't there a Harvest Moon game(s?) where you play as a girl and look for a husband? I'm guessing that's what the question was in regards to. And I'm also guessing the US will never see it, or the Tokimeki Memorial games for girls, or basically any kind of game where you play a girl and try to get a man... :/
    Yes, those to Harvest Moon games listed are games where your character is a girl.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Natsume is shipping both Another Wonderful Life and More Friends of Mineral Town in North America. Harvest Moon is Natsume's bread-and-butter franchise, y'know. They're putting "From the Creators of Harvest Moon" on all their non-HM stuff now.

-- Z.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Working Designs: All questions
    They were a no show. Wave goodbye, boys and girls.
    WD didn't have a booth, but Victor was walking the show floor, and he claimed to be working on multiple projects -- but he didn't name any specific titles.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
    WD didn't have a booth, but Victor was walking the show floor, and he claimed to be working on multiple projects -- but he didn't name any specific titles.

-- Z.

Claimed to :/

No major site updates in well over a year.
    No mention of a specific project since the fabled Goemon Collection in August 2002.
    Extreme delays regarding the release of their last project, Growlanser Generations (9 moths!).
    More than 2.5 years between Arc and Growlanser.
    Complete and utter failure to respond to customer service calls. (geez Victor....I know you need the money...let me BUY stuff from you!)
    And no official booth at E3.

I'm surprised he lasted this long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by A Boy
    If it's not too late...

SNK: This isn't much of a question. Rather, it's a demand. Release an updated version of "Baseball Stars..."
    Ahh...that's probably like asking for an updated Ikari Warriors, if not even more futile. Any game that doesn't have Metal Slug or KoF characters in it doesn't stand a chance with SNK anymore :(

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Claimed to :/

No major site updates in well over a year.
    No mention of a specific project since the fabled Goemon Collection in August 2002.
    Extreme delays regarding the release of their last project, Growlanser Generations (9 moths!).
    More than 2.5 years between Arc and Growlanser.
    Complete and utter failure to respond to customer service calls. (geez Victor....I know you need the money...let me BUY stuff from you!)
    And no official booth at E3.

I'm surprised he lasted this long.
    Add "Selling replacement discs on eBay" to your list. :)

And don't misunderstand. I'm as skeptical of his claim as you are, especially given my personal history. But every time I'm convinced it's truly over, he hangs on for another year. I won't believe WD is dead until I see Victor's *house* on eBay.

-- Z.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yes, those to Harvest Moon games listed are games where your character is a girl.
    Ah, okay. I can't claim to be keeping up with the recent Harvest Moon games much (good ol' Harvest Moon 64, along with the older ones I played before it, are enough Harvest Moon for me). I was under the impression that those games allow you to play as a girl but don't specifically cater to a female audience, like the old Game Boy Harvest Moon where you could play a girl but there was no dating aspect to the game or any gender-specific interaction (not that the male character in that game had any either). I'm surprised that they would release the specifically female-targeted Harvest Moon games in the US, seeing as they'll completely alienate the male audience with those titles and males consist of the vast majority of gamers in the US, but seeing as Harvest Moon is an unusual series that attracts many more female players than the typical franchise does, I suppose it makes sense.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I have a good number of scribblings written down with answers, but they're home and I'm not. :\ Immediately after getting back from E3, I had to housesit for my sister with her two neurotic dogs, and el paper... is back home. This weekend for sure.

dave