Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Companies at E3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa, I'm really sorry about having like ten posts in a row.

I got an error message when I sent it originally, and it didn't appear on the page. I didn't think it was queuing all my attempts to post in order to dump them at once...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Before this gets out of hand, a compile of call questions asked. Please read this before posting to prevent dupe questions! This is up to date as of 3pm est on Sunday the 10th.

kthx. I'm not going to annotate these by poster... when the time comes, you'll find your answer.

tholly: I'll do what you asked... but you have to make Achi let go of the box so I can send it to you. Sorry to say, I don't see that happening. Ever.

swlovinst: I'm not going to ask most of your questions. Someone else might, but I won't. The reason being I don't want to get on anyone's bad side. If it means asking the question and not getting some cool free crap, I won't ask the question.

To some: Sorry I trimmed your questions down to one line, but I really want to keep these on one handy sheet.

Overloaded: Xyanide for XBox has a release date.

SNK: Battle Colosseum release date, any home ports? Sam Sho Special and Sam Sho 5 to the US? Last Blade 1&2 to the US? Progress with the Metal Slug 1 GBA port? KOF95-99 collection to the US? Any new collection for the future?

Bungie: Durga in Halo 3?

SquareEnix: How has the merge affected both companies development cycles? One business unit or two? FF3j in the US? What about something with the Gaia series? Any plans on remaking Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3? Dragon Warrior 4remake, 5 and 6 US release? Who will you support next generation? Dragon Quest 8? Is bringing Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street to the U.S. a possiblity?

Konami: Ganbare Goemon DS in the US? Development of Suikoden 5? Will Suikoden ever be in 2D again? MGS4? Another DDR PS2 game? Any more US Bemani games? (Guitar, Drum, etc) A true US release of Dracula X: Rondo of Blood? New Silent Hill? PSP or DS Contra? Policenauts English translation by a third party? Next Ys game? Castlevania Collection perhaps? Far east of eden, AKA tengai makyou? Parodius games, in a collection perhaps?

Capcom: What games are in Mega Man X collection and Capcom Classics Collection, and If they are indeed coming to the US. AvP arcade on a Capcom collection? Darkstalkers Collection to the USA PS2? Next big title for the PS2 after RE4? New Ghosts and Goblins title after Maximo? 3D beatemup update likes D&D, AvP, etc.

Kush (Take Two): why there games have so so so many bugs.

Conspiracy Games: If they're still translating Phanatsy Star Trilogy.

Natsume: Chulip in the US? Harvest Moon for Girls?

Rockstar: Red Dead Revolver type western games in the future? GTA3/Vice City on Cube?

Nintendo: More NES classics on GBA? What about the 20th anniv. of the NES? Revolution controllers, wired or wifi? Kid ICarus sequel?

Crave: More Pinball Hall of Fame packs?

Polyphonic/Sony: GT4 online edition for PS2 or PS3, or at all? Why not settle with Immersion? What new innvoation can we look forward to on the PS3? QBert license? Killzone 2, how is it being improved?

Microsoft: Xbox Next? (Why do I get the idea that this won't be something I have to answer, hehe) Rallisport 2 and Crimson Skies 2 on the PC? MS Train Simulator was canceled because? How will MS penetrate into the Japanese market? Operation

Flashpoint for the Xbox?

Sega: Rerelase for Rez? MMORPG Shenmue? Daytona 3? More Sega Ages2500 series in the US? Will VF4 FT have a stateside release on PS2? Virtua Fighter 2 Sega Ages 2500 is the US? PSP Sonic? DS Sonic? What's next after PSU? New Panzer Dragoon, new NiGHTS, new REAL Shining game, offline PS, Virtua Cop 3 to home console?

EA: Updated version of Rampart? (Atari, I think, actually)
    Midway: SHadow Hearts: From the New World in the US?

Majesco: Age of Empires 2 name for the transition to Nintendo? More GBA Video stuff?

Namco: Next Ridge Racer game? More Taiko type games?

Working Designs: Lunar series?

Ubisoft: Beyond Good & Evil sequel? Monster 4x4: Masters of Metal to the PC?

Tecmo: Next Fatal Frame? What about Tecmo Hit Parade in the US? Tecmo Bowl for current generation?

Nokia: Any top down shooters for the nGage?

Tony Fox: Is Brooklyn in the house?

Iridon: Monster Truck Fury was released for the PC, yes or no?

Atari: Test Drive: Eve of Destruction for the PC?

Empire: Flatout Racing for the PC release date? (Thanks btw for it)

Encore - Will you port GrooveRider: Slot Car Thunder to the PC?

Simbin: GTR release date for the PC?

LucasArts: Whats next for the Ballblazer franchise?

VU Games: Half Life 3? (Yes, but when) Starcraft or Warcraft for DS?

Jakks Pacific: Will your next TV series have actual classic hardware in it?

Atlus: Why low production run of ChoroQ? Thanks for all the fish, and what's next?

Interplay: Next Rock N Roll Racing game?

Hasbro/Infogrames/Microprose: XCom?

Irrational Games: Thief/System Shock?

Traveler's Tales/Eidos: Lego STar Wars about Ep 4-6?

Vivendi: New Hunter: The Reckoning game?

Koei: Nw Naval Ops game?

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo - Are they going to be releasing any NES compilations much like how Capcom and Midway are doing? And also, I would like to know if they are going to be doing this, are they going to put it on the Gamecube instead of being on Gameboy?

Spike (hopefully they will be there)- I would like to know if they are going to be releasing any new wrestling games.

Agetec - Are they going to be bringing over another RPG Maker to the U.S?

THQ - Are there any plans on making a Legends of Wrestling game? Seeing as how Acclaim is gone and THQ is still putting legendary wrestlers in their WWE games, I was wondering if they could possibly make an entire game series that is based off of the Legends of Wrestling.

Lucas Arts - Will there be another Indiana Jones game for the PS2 or maybe even Gamecube? I loved Emperor's Tomb, but I want more.

That is all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for taking our questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Just so whoever is going knows, I don't think Working Designs is renting a booth this year.

On the WD message board they said they would be there walking around and chatting, but no booth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    packratshow, DonkeyDisaster

SCEA - Any news on releasing Ape Escape 3 for the PS2 in America? Will it matter on how the 2 PSP Ape Escape games do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Oh I have another one, that I know my friend will be interested in knowing...

Tecmo: What are the plans regarding Fatal Frame 3?

Sega: Are there any plans for a Shenmue 3, Space Channel 5 pt 3, Zillion 3(total longshot, I know) or Streets of Rage 4?
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Sega - Just add one more person who would like to see Rez re-released!

@Gamestop/Capcom? Any way to know if Gamestop will produce a limited edition Resident Evil 4 casing/stuff for the PS2 like it did for the cube?

@Working Designs...Somehow, invite Treasure to a party...get them real hammered...and produce a Radiant Silvergun US port for the PS2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugh.... (edit)
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EA
    - Will there be Remakes of the old Ultima Gmaes

Sega
    - Any new Plans for Zaxxon, Pengo, and Congo Bongo

Konami
    - Is there Going to be a Zone of the Enders 3

Namco
    - Will Namco X Capcom be released in the US

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple
    Capcom and SNK - Ask them to stop making 2D fighters, for the love of all that is holy.
    Capcom already has. Good luck getting a new SF game, Capcom USA owns them rights now

Namco -
    a new Splatterhouse..........i want
    *insert signature >here<*

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New ZOE and Splatterhouse would make me ultra happy.
    Konami:
    How about a PSP ZOE?
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"SimBin - When is GTR gonna be released in the USA? Is it still on schedule for a summer release in June? We really can't wait for this one! But why was it released in Europe first? We thought that it was gonna be simultaneously released worldwide! Just don't let all of us US GT racing fans down, please!"

Very doubtful I'm afraid. I can't legally say anything more. Import the UK version, that's what everyone including myself is doing.

"so I was wondering if someone could go to Conspiracy Games' booth (If they even have one) and ask then if they're still translating Phanatsy Star Trilogy.

Conspiracy Games / Sega - Any more of the SegaAges2500 series remakes by 3DAges slated for the US market? Make sure to let them know how much we love Sega Classics Collection and the amount of anticipation we have for the Phantasy Star Collection!"

The deal with Conspiracy died a year ago. They didn't play a role in the current Sega Classics Collection (Sega took everything back and bundled it together and did a US release by themselves). Same with Phantasy Star Collection. Ask Sega, Conspiracy isn't involved anymore besides preliminary work that happened quite a while ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For my question, ask Atari/Infogrames for information about the upcoming Flashback 2 console that is using a real 2600 on a chip.

Slated for a summer release, imagine they will be revealing information at E3, such as a game list and such.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atari
    - What are you're plans with Sony's PSP
    - Will Atari Anthology be on GameCube

ID
    - Will there be a DOOM IV (4)

EA
    - Will Madden 2006 be on Playstation 1

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Capcom - what happened to Mega Man Collection for GBA?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster_ca_2003
    ID
    - Will there be a DOOM IV (4)
    I can answer this one now: no.

In a recent edition of Icons, Carmack himself stated that ID is moving into a new franchise - something he had wanted to do before Doom 3 development began but didn't get off the ground (sounded like internal conflict over this decision). He didn't say there would NEVER be a Doom IV, but it's not on their radar anytime in the near future.

Port, you can add this to your list if you want to get the official quote on this, but I'd make it a low priority.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

UPDATED AS OF 4-14-2005 at 5:15pm EST

Before this gets out of hand, a compile of call questions asked. Please read this before posting to prevent dupe questions! kthx. I'm not going to annotate these by poster... when the time comes, you'll find your answer.

tholly: I'll do what you asked... but you have to make Achi let go of the box so I can send it to you. Sorry to say, I don't see that happening. Ever.

swlovinst: I'm not going to ask most of your questions. Someone else might, but I won't. The reason being I don't want to get on anyone's bad side. If it means asking the question and not getting some cool free crap, I won't ask the question.

To some: Sorry I trimmed your questions down to one line, but I really want to keep these on one handy sheet.

Overloaded: Xyanide for XBox has a release date.

SNK: Battle Colosseum release date, any home ports? Sam Sho Special and Sam Sho 5 to the US? Last Blade 1&2 to the US? Progress with the Metal Slug 1 GBA port? KOF95-99 collection to the US? Any new collection for the future?

Bungie: Durga in Halo 3?

SquareEnix: How has the merge affected both companies development cycles? One business unit or two? FF3j in the US? What about something with the Gaia series? Any plans on remaking Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3? Dragon Warrior 4remake, 5 and 6 US release? Who will you support next generation? Dragon Quest 8? Is bringing Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street to the U.S. a possiblity?

Konami: Ganbare Goemon DS in the US? Development of Suikoden 5? Will Suikoden ever be in 2D again? MGS4? Another DDR PS2 game? Any more US Bemani games? (Guitar, Drum, etc) A true US release of Dracula X: Rondo of Blood? New Silent Hill? PSP or DS Contra? Policenauts English translation by a third party? Next Ys game? Castlevania Collection perhaps? Far east of eden, AKA tengai makyou? Parodius games, in a collection perhaps? ZoE3? PSP ZoE?

Capcom: What games are in Mega Man X collection and Capcom Classics Collection, and If they are indeed coming to the US. AvP arcade on a Capcom collection? Darkstalkers Collection to the USA PS2? Next big title for the PS2 after RE4? Will the PS2 RE4 have a collector's edition like the Cube did? New Ghosts and Goblins title after Maximo? 3D beatemup update likes D&D, AvP, etc. MM Collection on GBA, why did it get pulled?

Kush (Take Two): why there games have so so so many bugs.

Conspiracy Games: If they're still translating Phanatsy Star Trilogy.

Natsume: Chulip in the US? Harvest Moon for Girls?

Rockstar: Red Dead Revolver type western games in the future? GTA3/Vice City on Cube?

Nintendo: More NES classics on GBA? How about a compilation like Namco or Capcom for the Cube or the GBA/DS? What about the 20th anniv. of the NES? Revolution controllers, wired or wifi? Kid ICarus sequel?

Crave: More Pinball Hall of Fame packs?

Polyphonic/Sony: GT4 online edition for PS2 or PS3, or at all? Why not settle with Immersion? What new innvoation can we look forward to on the PS3? QBert license? Killzone 2, how is it being improved? Any news on releasing Ape Escape 3 for the PS2 in America? Will it matter on how the 2 PSP Ape Escape games do?

Microsoft: Xbox Next? (Why do I get the idea that this won't be something I have to answer, hehe) Rallisport 2 and Crimson Skies 2 on the PC? MS Train Simulator was canceled because? How will MS penetrate into the Japanese market? Operation Flashpoint for the Xbox?

Sega: Rerelase for Rez? MMORPG Shenmue? Daytona 3? More Sega Ages2500 series in the US? Will VF4 FT have a stateside release on PS2? Virtua Fighter 2 Sega Ages 2500 is the US? PSP Sonic? DS Sonic? What's next after PSU? New Panzer Dragoon, new NiGHTS, new REAL Shining game, offline PS, Virtua Cop 3 to home console? Shenmue 3, Space Channel 5 pt 3, Zillion 3, or Streets of Rage 4? Zaxxon, Congo Bongo, or Pengo?

EA: Updated version of Rampart? (Atari, I think, actually) Any remakes of old Ultima games? Madden 2006 on PSOne?

Midway: SHadow Hearts: From the New World in the US?

Majesco: Age of Empires 2 name for the transition to Nintendo? More GBA Video stuff?

Namco: Next Ridge Racer game? More Taiko type games? Namco x Capcom in the US? How about a new Splatterhouse?

Working Designs: Lunar series? Radiant Silvergun in the US perhaps?

Ubisoft: Beyond Good & Evil sequel? Monster 4x4: Masters of Metal to the PC?

Tecmo: Next Fatal Frame? What about Tecmo Hit Parade in the US? Tecmo Bowl for current generation?

Nokia: Any top down shooters for the nGage?

Tony Fox: Is Brooklyn in the house?

Iridon: Monster Truck Fury was released for the PC, yes or no?

Atari: Test Drive: Eve of Destruction for the PC? Flashback 2 console with real 2600-on-a-chip info? ATari Anthology on Cube?

Empire: Flatout Racing for the PC release date? (Thanks btw for it)

Encore - Will you port GrooveRider: Slot Car Thunder to the PC?

Simbin: GTR release date for the PC?

LucasArts: Whats next for the Ballblazer franchise? How about a new Indiana Jones game?

VU Games: Half Life 3? (Yes, but when) Starcraft or Warcraft for DS?

Jakks Pacific: Will your next TV series have actual classic hardware in it?

Atlus: Why low production run of ChoroQ? Thanks for all the fish, and what's next?

Interplay: Next Rock N Roll Racing game?

Hasbro/Infogrames/Microprose: XCom?

Irrational Games: Thief/System Shock?

Traveler's Tales/Eidos: Lego STar Wars about Ep 4-6?

Vivendi: New Hunter: The Reckoning game?

Koei: Nw Naval Ops game?

Spike: New wrestling game?

Agetec: A new RPG maker in the US?

THQ: A new Legends of Wrestling type game similar to Acclaim's old series?

iD: Doom 4?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I'm pretty sure you can remove the Tony Fox question, Port. Or just PM it to him

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm...I updated the 2nd post I made with a few new questions, and it seems they were overlooked, so I'll just repost them here:

Ask Koei if they will ever make a sequel to Gitaroo-man. Tell them there's a first-born male child in it for them if they do. Laughing

Ask Square-enix if they have any plans to continue the Chrono series.

Ask nintendo if they're ever going to bring Mother 1+2 to the USA, and if Mother 3 will be released in the USA too, If it ever actually comes out.

Sorry for reposting them, but I just want to make sure that they're added to the master list. Thanks again for answering these, and I'm really sorry about asking so much!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Lucasarts: Sam & Max 2-are there any plans at the moment to do ANYTHING with that?
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives