Thread: Need help Question regarding Street Fighter Arcade Stick

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need help Question regarding Street Fighter Arcade Stick

Hello
    Today I stopped by an eb games and I saw the new Street Fighter Arcade Stick. I was stunned by the quality and how beautiful it looked. It has a lid that was opened so you can examine the stick. I looked inside on the side of the stick and I saw a little black plastic piece that looks like the end of the ps2 controller that had writing in white on the back that said ps2 something. It was the last one at the store and the packaging showed wear plus I didn't want one that everyone was touching so I called around drove 30 miles to get a new one. I get there and notice that the the lid comes up on this one. The store employee says that is the way it was shipped they all come like that. So I get home look in the box i get 1 book 1 poster and the stick. I need to know are there any contents that I am missing adapter pieces etc. The manual is no help. I cannot find a description of the package contents. I hate to return it but I will if I am missing a piece. I must say you gotta see this stick I hope it plays as good as it looks.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yep, the box the stick come sin uses the WORST sealing choices. Basically the only thing keeping the top clear panel attached with two seal stickers, that's it. We've had 6 in our store, and every single one came 'opened' from shipping. In fact, these last two, the black spray paint they used on the styrofoam was so potent we had to reseal it ourselves because it stank.

The total package is as follows:
    - The box itself
    - The arcade stick with the Xbox/PS2 cord
    - Poster
    - Manual
    - two styrofoams to hold the stick in place

I think there's a small piece of cardboard the protects the poster from the stick, but otherwise, that's it.

And yes, the stick kicks ass.

Just the packaging sucks.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you flip the stick upsidedown, there is a plastic piece on the bottom that can be removed. Take it off and under that the cord is inside. the ps2 and xbox connections are built into the same cord. hope this helps

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys I thought I was missing something. I never was a home joystick buyer but i must say for the 60.00 price I have never seen one of this quality the whole box and art reek of being something special. You have to acually see the stick without the plastic to appreciate it. Thats how I got hooked. I hope I can somehow connect it to the pc for mames. I am going to try it on my gamecube via adapter for ikaruga. I will let you all know how that goes.
    neo geo system