Playing Mario's Missing. *shudders*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I just remembered one:

I let my cuson (I can't spell that right!), "Knuckles" (Name changed to protect the guilty!), play "Kirby's Dream Land 2", which I beat it 100% with a score over 5 Million! Anyway, While I was playing his copy of "Super Mario Bros. DX" I heard the
    "Level compleated!" sound on his Game Boy, I got worried because only 1 file was not finished! When he was done playing, I quickly looked at my files, and saw every file was gone, EVEN MY 100% COMPLEATE, SCORE OVER 5 MILLION FILE! . My aunt, "Bleech", told me "It's just a game, You could do it again!", which made me even more POed. I got that score in a few weeks, but it took me nearly a year to recover! ...And I got a score of nearly 6 Million!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

The first time I played Link's Awakening for Gameboy; I was working my way through the 7th dungeon. I was grabbing and using keys in no particular order. The long and short of it was that in the course of saving and returning to this dungeon I had wound up in a situation where I could go no further because there were no more keys to be found anywhere through as much of the dungeon I had already explored. It was maddening. I tried using half a dozen different walkthroughs to religously retrace my steps but I could not find the needed key. Had to re-start the whole game over again

I know that there's one other impasse situation one can inadvertently find oneself in in Zelda but I apparently found this 2nd one as well. I really wish I could remember what exactly I did wrong because it was a serious enough impasse to merit addition to a FAQ or something so future Link's Awakening players don't make the same mistake.

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Two bad experiences from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete:

-I had made it to Althena's Tower, and was about to go into battle against Royce. Unfortunately, all my characters were low on magic and hit points, and very little items. So I had no chance of winning. All that hard work, and was forced to start over.

-Finally made it to Althena's Tower on the second try, only to realize that I forgot to buy healing items. Really ticked me off! Had to start over AGAIN. Finally, on the 3rd try, I made it to Althena's Tower, remembered to buy items, and was able to beat Ghaleon.

Playing Super Play Action Football was a horrible experience.

-Tecmo Super Bowl 3. I was looking for a challenge, so I decided to play as the Redskins. My goal was to win the SuperBowl, but I kept choking in the playoffs. A few summers ago, I was leading the Vikings in the 4th by the score of 29-14. Somehow, they managed to come back, and win 31-29. Well, a couple years ago, I managed to make it to the SuperBowl with the 'Skins, and was leading the Chargers 17-6, when my dog came in and nudged the SNES, erasing all of my data.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Default Re: Worst Video Game Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX
    I was playing "Super Mario Bros." on my NES, and had made it to the 3rd Level, when my NES cut off! My NES AC Adaptor had a problem with getting loose and cutting off, and because of that, I lost a very good scopre and had to start from World 1-1!
    Umm... is it that hard to get past the first 2 levels?

Anyway, one time, my Pacman World 2 data became mysteriously corrupted, right after I had made it to the last world. Arrrgh. The water world on that game was really hard for me too.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a newbie, being spawn camped in Enemy Territory when your the offensive team by some very good clan players. Spawn camping a defensive team generally happens when a side is winning, but to be spawn camped when your attacking is truely degrading and frustrating.
    I like to think that if your not loosing your not improving, but 30 mins where your afraid to walk outside the spawn and cursing players that should know better is heart breaking.

These days if i join a server thats got this happening I join the camped side, pick up a panzer and give the spawn campers a taste of their own medicine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Default Re: Worst Video Game Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek
    Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX
    I was playing "Super Mario Bros." on my NES, and had made it to the 3rd Level, when my NES cut off! My NES AC Adaptor had a problem with getting loose and cutting off, and because of that, I lost a very good score and had to start from World 1-1!
    Umm... is it that hard to get past the first 2 levels?
    For me back then, Yes!

It took me a while to beat Bowser and most of the time, I used Warp Zones to jump ahead, I now don't have as much trouble as I did.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still think the recent death of my Final fantasy 3 cart's battery was the worst. The worst part was how confused I was about it. I turned the game on, and it went directly to prologue, skipping the file select screen. My first thought was "Okay, maybe I hit start too many times and accidently hit new game" so I reset and tried again, only hitting start once. Same thing. So I assumed the game just randomly decided to erase itself (it's happened before with other SNES games of mine). So I just started playing a new game. I got the 1st save point and bam, nothing happens. I clicked the empty slot, nothing changes. I then realized the battery was dead. Damn, that sucked. I really need to replace that battery soon.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    aksahsalahs
    PSN
    aksahsalahs

My worst experience ever has to be when my GTA Vice City save was messed up because I saved at the Ice Cream Factory. I lost 300 some odd hours of my gameplay

My manager however, used one the those Action replay thumb drives and it ate all of his game saves. Something like 50 or 60 games gone. We thought he was gonna cry

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

My worst experience involved Battletoads for NES. One night, I had managed to battle my way through all 12 stages (no warping), and was steadily climbing the Dark Queen's Tower... hoping that maybe... FINALLY... this would be the night that I beat this game. Well, I was merely a few hops from reaching the Dark Queen when my younger brother decides to fool around with the light switches in the living room... wondering what they were for since we had no overhead lights in the room. Lo and behold, one of those switches was a power switch that cut the electricity to the outlet the NES was plugged into. Needless to say, I then proceeded to make him cry... even tho I know he didn't do it on purpose. I was still mad tho...
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a few weeks ago. I was making a high score with Sheriff (999999999999) from WarioWare, when my sp fell't out! ! (A few days after I broke this record after +- 2 houres. )

Radical Dude Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a few

-Getting pretty far in Red Dead Revolver on PS2, then turning the game on the next day to find the save file corrupted

-Batteries failing in SNES games like Super Mario World, Zelda: LTTP, and Super Metroid.

-Playing Blaster Master on NES, getting to Level 5 and somehow managed to get sucked into the wall, having to reset the damn game

I like Fezzes. Fezzes are cool. ubikuberalles's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back in the late 1980's I was playing "Empire: Wargame of the Century". This can be a very frustrating game and this one I was playing was the most frustrating of all. I was defending a crucial city and I couldn't move my pieces fast enough to keep the bad guys from attacking the city. Luckily I had a battleship there to stave off the attacks and it was killing enemy infantry quite easily. The next turn and an enemy infantry appears next to my city. I have to kill it quickly or it will take the city in the next turn. No problem. I attack the infantry with my battleship and, to my complete astonishment, the lone infantry sinks my battleship! ARRRRGH! I couldn't believe it! It pissed me off to no end! I was already frustrated with the lack of progress on this battlefront and now this happens. DAMN YOU!

I burst under the pressure and I hit my Atari ST with my fist as hard as I could. ***CRACK*** and the screen goes out. Ohhh crap. I broke my computer. It didn't work at all. I tried turning it off and on but to no effect. The next day I bring it into the computer place where I bought the ST and had it repaired. I shorted out the power supply with my burst of anger. It cost me about $100 to fix. After that I never hit my computer again - instead I just hit the desk whenever I lose it. Before I learned to control my frustration on Empire (it took several years) I must have bruised my hand at least a half a dozen times.

Fortunately I saved the game only ten or twenty turns before the, um, incident, and so I was able to continue the game. I eventually was able to defeat the computer in that game but it took almost a month and at least a couple desk slams.

The most disheartening gaming experience also involved my ST. The 20 Meg disk drive failed. I only had it for 13 or 14 months (the warranty ran out - the BASTARDS) and I lost all of my saved games for not only Empire, but for Star Fleet and other ST games. I had a backup but it was over six months old. I had to start all over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

back in the day, me and my brother were trying to finish ninja gaiden. it was my turn so my brother left for awhile. after a hard fight just getting to jaquio, i was getting close to killing him, but my brother comes back and he accidently bumped the nes with his foot, causing it to reset/flashing.

we got into an argument and our dad ended up telling us to do something else separately for awhile. after fuming for an hour or so we started playing again and we eventually finished it a few days later.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

College. Two of my roommates and me get into a serious session of Gradius III/IV for the Playstation 2. None of us are good at shmups at ALL, so we all kept passing the controller around to see how far we could get. I don't know what it was about that game, but we just kept playing. Well, since we all sucked, we didn't get very far. We kept dying at this one part where you had to shoot/make your way through or around a bunch of giant bubbles. Being drunk at the time didn't help matters.

So I'm on my way to finally getting past the bubbles, and after celebrating once I did, my roommate went to get up and walk around and tripped over the PS2 controller cord, sending the PS2 crashing to the ground along with him and the controller.

We just gave up after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dot.hack
    thats it
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't know if this counts. But I saved up all my birthday money and spent it on a Sharp Twin famicom with 30 games, $250 and the guy ripped me off. That was my worst experience, even though it was with collecting.. still video game related.

I also bought a brand new controller (Pelican) and was playing NHL Hitz, lost in over time so I slammed the controller on the table. Thing broke into pieces and went everywhere. Now that sucked.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I accidentally wrote over my save file in Jet set radio future. I had the doom riders & goji unlocked in that file.

When my Sega CD died, I was Depressed. (It was the day after i got it). But it is fixed now.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Killemall1057

Having my Playstation memory card decide to delete everything.

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Another set of bad experiences for me would be constantly losing to my brother in Tecmo Super Bowl I & III. He was the Dallas Cowboys, I was the San Francisco 49ers. 5 out of the 6 games we played were for the NFC Championship. He won all of them, including the lone regular season game in TSB3. A few games were close, except the first one, which he clearly owned me 23-3.

Also in Tecmo Super Bowl I, I was again looking for a challenge, so I went with the Indianapolis Colts. Throughout the season, I had a top ranked defense, and an average offense.. In a game against the Bills, my offense struggled, and my defense didn't get to do much, and I ended up losing 63-2!