I am a huge Beck fan, and Guero's return to it's Odelay!, and Midnight Vulture's roots is the best thing he ever did. He vowed to never make another Odelay! and I commend him for that. If you listen to Guero all the way through, you pick certain songs that could have gone on Sea Change, gone on Midnight Vulture, Mutations, etc... Sea Change is good, you just can't be in the mood for it all the time. Guero is a beck mix tape essentially. I also recommend the Cd/DVD combo version. It's in your DVD aisle, took me a hard time to find it on the release date back in March. Most Critics are raving about this album, and Beck's return.
As for the 8 bit weapon mixes. I just listen ed to all of these, and they are incredible. Those guys do a wonderful job remixing these already great tracks. Who woulda thought that video game bleeps and blips would have been so great in a full length song? (Besides Buckner & Garcia)

Okay this is way long. Point is obtain Guero. Give it a listen, and if you can check out the 8-bit weapon remixes.