ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Default Pokemon Emerald pre-order stuff

Being the Pokemon fan that I am, I'm going to get this game at some point (a catchable Mew is just too tasty to pass up). The question is - what about the pre-order?

They're apparently giving out some tin of materials that has a code in it for their website along with some other stuff, which looks like right now is only a green bracelet and the code card.

Has anyone picked this up yet? Is it at all worth it - that is, are the items decent? I generally don't think the pre-order is worth it unless it actually does something cool in-game (i.e., e-Reader cards, the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc with Jirachi, etc.). I never bothered with those lame coins from Sapphire and Ruby. But if these items are quality...maybe I'll consider it.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey....I thought those Pokecoins were cool!
    www.worldofgamespublishing.com
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not really. The tin is cheap with low quality sticker slapped on it. The bracelet is tacky, and would never wear it lest I magically turned into a 12 year old fanboy. The card allows access to certain things online, which you will inevitably find anyway.

If you're going to buy the game at launch anyway, you may as well preorder it and get the stuff. Otherwise , don't worry about it.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Been a while since I played pokemon... but since this is VG related, I'll throw this pokeball into dreams' pokecourt.

...it's all I had

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

woah, there's a legit catchable mew in emerald? Crap, it's about damn time! I have a really weak constitution when it comes to Pokemon, so I'm sure I'll end up buying on launch day, even though I said I was gonna wait. I still don't own pokemon channel, though! :P
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Was it supposed to come with a bracelet? All I got in my tin was the access card and the "Battle Region Guide" (both of which are worthless, but as a Pokemon collector, I felt I needed to have it)

I never pre-ordered Ruby or Sapphire, cause I wanted to get it cheaper. And it was a good thing I waited, because on launch day, Wal-Mart had them bundled with the Players Guide for only like 22 bucks! I actually got the coins a year later from Outpost.com for like 90 cents each. They actually still have them for sale if you're a completest
    Sapphire: http://shop2.outpost.com/product/356...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    Ruby: http://shop2.outpost.com/product/356...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Crush Crawfish
    woah, there's a legit catchable mew in emerald? Crap, it's about damn time! I have a really weak constitution when it comes to Pokemon, so I'm sure I'll end up buying on launch day, even though I said I was gonna wait. I still don't own pokemon channel, though! :P
    My old Mew from Pokemon Blue could totally take all other Mews. I gave that thing the most vicious moveset ever...
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Thanks, guys - that's some good information. I think I'm going to pass on the pre-order, and maybe buy Emerald at the NYC store when it re-opens.

You can also pre-order the thing from http://www.pokemoncenter.com - that's where I found out about the bracelet. Ended up looking into that because a lot of the stores around here say they're out of the tins.

And to clarify on the Mew - this guy will apparently be on an island that's only accessible by having one of the special "tickets" that Nintendo doles out through events, etc.

After the Eon Ticket, they stopped the e-Reader stuff and started doing tickets (Mystic and Aurora) that you have to use the wireless adapter for - you get it from these "Wonder Spots." You could get it on this tour Nintendo did in a few cities last year; they say on their website that they are announcing a method for getting it in various retail stores.

I'm hoping that the new Nintendo store opening up in a few weeks in NYC gets one, and that they give out the tickets with it.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer
    After the Eon Ticket, they stopped the e-Reader stuff and started doing tickets (Mystic and Aurora) that you have to use the wireless adapter for - you get it from these "Wonder Spots." You could get it on this tour Nintendo did in a few cities last year; they say on their website that they are announcing a method for getting it in various retail stores.
    Did they actually give out the Mystic ticket? I took my son to the NY store so we could get the aurora ticket but I didn't think the mystic ticket was given out yet? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
    John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I have heard conflicting reports about whether they doled out the Mystic Ticket along with the Aurora Ticket. The only place they have been available so far is the "Pokemon Rocks America" tour, which came to about 4 major cities (Atlanta, Seattle, someplace in Michigan - nowhere near the Eastern Seaboard, unfortunately) on certain dates in fall 2004, I believe. That tour is now over, and Deoxys / Ho-Oh / Lugia and the tickets to get to their islands are no longer available in the U.S.

They have not yet announced whether or not they will be available at the NYC Pokemon Center (now being turned into a Nintendo store / showcase with a Pokemon section). They have not announced what plans, if any, they have to put Wonder Spots in retail stores across the country. They have not announced jacksquat about the new Pokemon Gamecube game being released in Japan this year. They have not announced when, if ever, Celebi will be released or when / where the ticket for Mew will be released.

In short - Nintendo is being very tight-lipped about everything. A good site to get news & information from is www.serebii.net - way better than Nintendo.com.