Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The demise of Nintendo is almost upon us!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just let this topic die.....please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was just letting the people know what I meant.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still waiting

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, we're still waiting for you to stop bumping old DS threads left, right and center. If you've got more of a point to make, please make it in one place instead of dredging up a bunch of old threads and basically posting the same thing. Thanks!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ehh. It's actually kind of entertaining to see how seriously people took a possible nintendo demise six months ago. They've sure picked up a lot of momentum in that six months...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    Ehh. It's actually kind of entertaining to see how seriously people took a possible nintendo demise six months ago. They've sure picked up a lot of momentum in that six months...
    Not six months. Eighteen.

I wonder what all the Sony fanboys and Nintendo deniers like the OP have to say now that DS has stomped PSP. Stomped in every facet; sales and quality, and in every notable territory.
    Alert the internet.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Gaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    Not six months. Eighteen.

I wonder what all the Sony fanboys and Nintendo deniers like the OP have to say now that DS has stomped PSP. Stomped in every facet; sales and quality, and in every notable territory.
    Guess what? Believe it or not, I can add. I was referring to the approximately six months since the last posts were made. I know you're referring to the time since the thread started, but that's not what I was referring to.

But yeah, its been nothing but good news for nintendo and bad news for sony lately. Mmm... a $600 console with $80 games because of a movie format I have no interest in... gee, where can I sign up?

Nintendo on the other hand has been kicking ass with sales for ds hardware, ds software, good showing at e3 for wii, 3rd parties getting behind their platform, etc etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

replace Nintendo with Sony and yeah 100% right.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Huh? How so? Do you mean in the title of this thread, or..?

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I added this to a bumped thread that was later locked, so I followed the link that was left in the locked thread to repost.

Thinking Nintendo will go away is a joke. All they need is the same type of stranglehold on third-parties that they had in the 1980's and 1990's. If that happens and Sony ended up becoming second banana, or third banana, to those other developers then they will be the ones in trouble. Nintendo actually has enough first-party firepower which Sony and Microsoft will never possess.

Nintendo can sell enough systems, at least one or two million each time out, on account of a single Mario game and a single Zelda game. Why should they cave in and let some outsider like Sony get their hands on those characters or licenses? Let Sony have their exclusive (and repetitive) Grand Theft Auto type of games, which seems like is all they have going for them for months at a time.

People say Nintendo markets to kids but some of the games you see on Playstation market to the Adam Sandler, "Maxim Magazine", Ashton Kutcher, "Jackass" or Beavis & Butthead mentality. Heh, heh, fire. Cool!!!!! Heh, heh, guns..... No better than Nintendo. Almost the same common denominator, just in two different age groups. Sony manages to paint themselves in a corner too, on occasion, by being stubborn with their direction.

Sony without the third parties would be like Sega when they were trying to keep the Dreamcast in the console wars. But at least Sega could make a good game here and there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sick of this shit. Nintendo will always have a loyal fan base.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As long as people support Nintendo they will always be around.It seems like Nintendo,Sony and Microsoft all have there fans.They all sell their products well.I do not see anyone fading out any time soon.
    Can't we all just get along?

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nintendo would have to delibrately put forth an effort capable only of Atari to ever be doomed. Maybe if they hired Trip Hawkins to help market the Wii and Sam Tramiel to do the negotiating with third party developers.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

zzzzzz why Digital press why?.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why is this shitty topic bumped back up?

I put the chances of Sony going bankrupt higher than Nintendo. That company is failing miserably and bleeding money left and right.

The failing of the PSP, the flopping of the PS3...losing like 1 billion dollars last year and having to lay off a bunch of employees...

Sounds like a dying company to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: The demise of Nintendo is almost upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    This is a continuation of my other thread - Is the games industry getting just a little too crowded?

I forsee something going down - And I think it may just be Nintendo this time!

The DS is unnecessary. It is a half-arsed attempt to advance, but doesn't seem to have actually made it...

In one hand, we have the GBA, in the other, the PSP. The DS is neither, but wants to desperately be both. And is failing miserably. Nintendo could have made a replacement for the GBA, but they didn't. They could have made a next gen console to rival the PSP, but they didn't. What we have is just an ugly mess - One which won't last in my eyes.

Until now, Nintendo have virtually ruled the handheld market since atari and Sega pulled out some time ago. Many have tried to take their crown, and many have failed - Until now, and it may just look like they will be mopping up their own blood.

They should have focused their efforts on making either a successor to the GBA or a dedicated next gen console. Not the DS.

And I fear that the new PlayStation and Xbox will finish them off for good too! Especially seeing as how the gaming theatre is getting a little crowded now...

History has taught us that when there are too many consoles - One has to drop out... And seeing as how Nintendo seem to be faltering at the moment... I think the PSP could be the one which deals the final blow to a company already down on it's knees...
    ...so funny to see how wrong this poster was...
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not just him, but a lot of people were big on "predicting" the fall of Nintendo over the past 2 years or so. Ever notice they've since quieted down? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow this thread started out as a nintendo hate thread ,died and was brought back as a nintendo loving zombie. Pretty cool.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
    In one hand, we have the GBA, in the other, the PSP. The DS is neither, but wants to desperately be both. And is failing miserably. They could have made a next gen console to rival the PSP, but they didn't.

And I fear that the new PlayStation and Xbox will finish them off for good too! Especially seeing as how the gaming theatre is getting a little crowded now...

... I think the PSP could be the one which deals the final blow to a company already down on it's knees...
    Hilarious

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread is always good for comic relief.