Thread: Anyone else fiending for Finny The Fish & The 7 Waters?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Anyone else fiending for Finny The Fish & The 7 Waters?

I may be in a boat by myself here, but I cannot wait for this game. Supposedly it was originally made by Sega and it's supposed to play like a mix between Ecco The Dolphin and Sonic The Hedgehog. The price is only 29.99 and it's going to be released on 4/26

It's not getting that great of reviews at the moment, and it's getting a lot of flack for being "aimed toward younger audiences", but I think it's going to be pretty good.

Click For Preview

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember playing the import demo in one of the opm magazines. It wasn't mind-blowingly good, but it was fun, and thats all that matters

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

two topics for finny the fish, i picked to bump this'n...

i got this game yesterday for $19.99 new at game stop, and even got the little fish toy too. i had never heard of the game, but saw it for $20 and figured it looked silly enough to be fun, and later found out it was released a while ago.

anyway. i played it a while last night and i actually like it. though collecting all of the fish and lures seems like a big pain in the ass, its not necessary(a la katamari). I also think the game may become repetitive after a while, so im waiting to see what the other levels are like.

because i can't really give an accurate review because i havent put more than about 30 minutes into the game, i was wondering if anyone else had played through this game further than the first level? seems noone cared much about the two posts when the game came out, but has anyone tried this game out or bothered to complete it?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont have a PS2 but weird titles like this one really make me want one.
    Was the preorder toy a plush or plastic fish?
    Support Medical Marijuana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbertandernie
    two topics for finny the fish, i picked to bump this'n...

i got this game yesterday for $19.99 new at game stop, and even got the little fish toy too. i had never heard of the game, but saw it for $20 and figured it looked silly enough to be fun, and later found out it was released a while ago.

anyway. i played it a while last night and i actually like it. though collecting all of the fish and lures seems like a big pain in the ass, its not necessary(a la katamari). I also think the game may become repetitive after a while, so im waiting to see what the other levels are like.

because i can't really give an accurate review because i havent put more than about 30 minutes into the game, i was wondering if anyone else had played through this game further than the first level? seems noone cared much about the two posts when the game came out, but has anyone tried this game out or bothered to complete it?
    I picked this up for my kid but unfortunately I can't tear him away from Lego Star Wars long enough to get him to try it out. Apparently I played it about as long as you did. I thought the graphics looked good and I thought the same thing you did, it looked like fun but that there might not be that much depth to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Emily,
    The preorder bonus was a plush fish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm quite enjoying this game and it has generally been pretty easy but now I'm stuck and I'm hoping someone here can help as I can't find a walkthrough anywhere.

[spoiler]I'm on the Maze Cave level and I need to lower the water level. The only path it seems I haven't taken is behind the dinosaur bones. Is there a way to open the path? Hitting the skull and having it open doesn't seem to do anything.[/spoiler]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen this game on the shelves and have been thinking about picking it up. Glad to hear it doesn't suck...I think I'll make it a point to buy it next month

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you have to get the proper tune and play the ribs, which then collapse to reveal the opening. i forget the tune though...

and wait til the jungle level...it gets tougher