Thread: I think I'm going to stop shipping to Canada.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default I think I'm going to stop shipping to Canada.

Well, in the past I've always ran my auctions with shipping to both Canada and the United States. I always felt that it was nothing special to ship to Canada, it's really not a big deal.

But lately, shipping to Canada has been a huge pain in the ass, it used to take a week to get an item there....now it's 2-3 weeks....and people are getting mad, jumping down my throat, threatening me, demanding refunds.

I sign online today to get this e-mail...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESO:IT

it's been almost a month. could i please have a full refund for the game, including shipping and handling please? i dont want to go to ebay about this. or leave negative feedback, but ive been waiting long enough..if the game comes at a later date, i will gladly return the cash, but for now id like a full refund please

So yeah, so the item doesn't get there, the fellow wants a refund. It's not my fault the item doesn't get there. You can't add Delivery Confirmation OR Insurance to an item going to Canada as well, so there's no tracking number, there's nothing I can do unless they are willing to pay for international insurance...which is HIGH...and they usually aren't willing to do.

So I decide to check Paypal and eBay and see if it's really been a month, I always e-mail my buyers when the item ships. This particular item shipped on April 4th...it's only been TWO WEEKS AND THREE DAYS!

So anyways, he reports me to Paypal, and now I'm currently working on trying to pull myself out of the first claim against me....from some impatient jerk who's only been on eBay for one week.

I know, don't let one bad egg ruin a batch, but this isn't the first time a buyer from Canada has gotten mad due to the slack shipping as of late.

So as of now, I'm debating on whether dumping shipping to Canada all together or not, mainly due to the fact that I cannot add Delivery Confirmation to items so this kinda crap happens.

/rant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think this needed to be posted in both forums:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58997