Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most RECENT import? Post often!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

G Vector - Soft Office 1997 Sega Saturn
    This is a storyless chase-plane rail shooter that unfortunately is entirely too difficult to enjoy. You fly a fighter ship through 6 stages that include asteroid belts, tunnels, over cities and above oceans and clouds. The terrain is 3D and while you can't actually run into it, enemies can and do use it for cover. There's a pretty good mix of enemy types that include air and ground vehicles, mecha and mechanical insects. You're equipped with slow and rapid-fire lasers as well as homing missiles. You also have two shields per stage and they aren't anywhere near enough as this game literally sweeps the front of the screen with blobs of incoming fire. It can be so intense at times that it actually causes the frame rate to stutter and slowdown. It probably doesn't help that they decided to show hits and model damaging on enemies as streams of colored chafe flying off.
    A score attack mode option let's you play any of the stages you have already completed with unlimited shields. You'll probably wish you had the unlimited shield option in the regular game and there is an Action Replay code that will do just that.
    The game graphics are colorful but pixilated. One nice feature of the game is a menu option that allows you to scroll through 62 enemies and manipulate and view them from any angle. It's not a game I would care to recommend to anyone.
    Didn't run across any screenshots of the game, but you can see some gameplay footage here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2g5rGgvBKQ

GAMEPLAY: 4
    GRAPHICS: 5
    SOUND: 7
    ENGLISH FRIENDLY: 10
    OVERALL: 4

Stellar Assault SS - Sega 1998 Sega Saturn
    Engrish from the back of the manual...
    The Furious COSMOS!
    FINAL BATTLE Have Just Started Now!
    WHY they come attack us biyearly?
    WHERE are they from?
    And WHO ARE THEY?

This is supposed to be a sequel/remake of the Sega 32X Stellar Assault (Shadow Squadron) game. It's a free flight space shooter that's displayed in a letter-box format, which is pretty unusual considering it's age and gives it something of an epic feeling. You can select from two types of ships with shields, radar and minor differences in speed and weapons. You're usually accompanied by multiple wingmen who I often wished would just shut up! Regrettably, they are impervious to ahh - weapons malfunctions. The missions are varied, lengthy and at times - rather fun to play. The game feels as immense as space itself and I seldom felt the playing field was constricted in any way. The graphics were so-so, but I never thought the Saturn was worth a damn for 3D games anyway. Somehow they managed to make the explosions appear like sparklers or small fireworks had gone off on the screen which looked good, but most of the big stuff breaks up into big flat polygonal shards and floats away. The Japanese voice acting (and there's plenty of it) sucks donkey balls. The sound effects were acceptably average except for the constant drone of your fighter's engines, which sounded like something that could have been done on an Atari 5200.
    The numerous smaller enemy ships act as cannon fodder and sweeping the stars clear of them isn't really much of a challenge, but the large capital ships take some pounding and they do have formidable defensive laser cannons. The ground installations built on large floating asteroids were even more formidable still. Those built inside asteroids severely tested my flight skills and definitely make use of the ships otherwise useless roll capabilities.
    The game provides for 2 players, but it's not the split-screen kind of play. Instead, one player flies the ship and the other player handles the weapons. It sounds dumb, but this game has missions that seemed designed to make that style of play very advantageous. The gunner has complete independent control of the target reticule and can aim and fire at anything on the screen. Instead of making kamikaze head-on charges into targets that the single player is forced to do, the pilot can take evasive action while the gunner is still able to hammer away at the target.
    There's supposed to be 15 missions in the game, 2 of which are dependent on your actions while playing. All the game text is in English, but all the speech is in Japanese. It may not be worth the price of admission, but it is a reasonably challenging game to play.
    Didn't find any screenshots of the game, but there is some gameplay footage here...
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

GAMEPLAY: 8
    GRAPHICS: 7
    SOUND: 6
    ENGLISH FRIENDLY: 7
    OVERALL: 7

EOS: Edge Of Skyhigh - Micronet 1997 PlayStation
    This is a chase view flying mecha-suit shooter. You can transform yourself at anytime from flying Superman style to standing upright while in flight. You're a much bigger target upright, but you now have the ability to charge a weapon for a powershot. In either mode you can fire homing missiles or rapid fire plasma bolts. There are 6 stages in the game with the last devoted to "killing the core". The stages include flying over oceans and clouds, through forests and swamps, over cities, through twisting canyons, caverns and tunnels. In this game you can run into objects, so you need to avoid tree's, bridges, beams and other obstacles. The enemies included the expected assortment of fighter ships and aircraft, other mecha and some fixed point ground turrets. Where I thought it got to be pretty interesting was in the forest/swamp level. At first you're dodging through the trees blasting away at mechanical dragonfly's, then you get to the swamp and porpoise and other fishes are jumping out of the water shooting at you, get to the end of the swamp and gigantic metallic shrimp take flight and start to hassle you. Get past all that and you reach the stage boss - a towering praying mantis spewing flames with some sort of grabby three finger appendage coming out of it's groinal region. Some fairly original stuff!
    The games features autosaves and unlimited continues that will restart you right about where you lost.
    I will say this about the game, with all the stuff going on I never experienced a bit of slowdown. The game is colorful for the most part, the intro and ending FMV looked really nice, but the between stage stuff was just talking heads who's lips didn't even move in synch with their voices. The game is just mindless shooting fun that doesn't do anything new but also isn't overly difficult.
    Here's some screenshots of the game, courtesy of C-Games...
    http://www.c-games.info/games,002,3305.html

GAMEPLAY: 6

Cowby Bebop - Bandai 1998 PlaySation
    Another 3rd person flight shooter based on the Cowboy Bepop anime. The crew of the Bebop finds itself lost in an unknown galaxy and comes under attack. You take the Swordfish II on 6 missions to defend the good ship and crew. This plays a little differently because you don't really feel like you're steering the ship but rather you're steering the target reticule and the Swordfish II merely follows as if being towed. You can however, send roll inputs to the Swordfish II and control how it's oriented while it's tagging along. You're pretty much forced to fly a specific flight path with a guiding arrow on your target reticule showing you the way, but there are branching paths in the game if you can find them. If you release the controls entirely, the game will automatically take over and navigate the route for you. If you attempt to leave the preset paths, the ship will lose control, force you back on path and probably crash several times in the process. You don't want to do that because even though the Sworfish II has shields, everything it makes contact with in the game damages it.
    Most of the missions force you fly through skinny spots - a narrow twisting canyon, between skyscrapers in a city, over and under bridges or even chasing a train through a tunnel, hence your ability to roll the ship. The challenge of the game is moving the reticule around to attack enemies while keeping an eye on the position of the Swordfish II so that it isn't running into anything. It's fairly challenging and after some of my early frustrations with it wore off, I actually started to enjoy it.
    The first three missions take place on a hostile planet. Once off the planet, you'll fly one mission in space dodging through asteroids and then the last two have you attacking a death star complete with trenches, tunnels and walking At-At's.
    At the end of each mission stage, you face a boss and can fly freely around in a small death match arena. The areas are a little cramped for space, but the Swordfish II is perfectly capable of doing loop-de-loops and you can attack your enemy in vertical power dives instead of wide circular runs.
    The Swordfish II is equipped with a 12.7 mm machinegun with unlimited ammunition and a Ruby laser gun that fires for a few seconds before overheating. Successfully completing a mission earns you points that can be used to purchase upgrades for the Ruby laser, buy armor piercing or explosive ammo for the machinegun, or add new weapons like missiles and energy bolts.
    The machinegun was my favorite weapon of the game. Not that it was all powerful, but the bullets would kick up dirt and shred leaves from tree's and look - well, like what real bullets would do and I liked that. More so for the fact that the game offers plenty of opportunities for strafing runs on trains, ships, vehicles and buildings.
    The game handles the anime license by having the Bebop crew pop up in small windows during play offering encouragement and words of advice. The cut scenes looked like they were done with the in-game engine and suffered jaggies, but at least the voices were done with the original Japanese cast and they took the time to synch the lips with the voices. For a flight shooter it's not a bad game at all. If you wanted a game to play the Bebop characters, you'd be very disappointed.
    Here some screenshots of the game courtesy of C-Games...
    http://www.c-games.info/games,002,1546.html
    And here's some low resolution gameplay footage on YouTube...
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

GAMEPLAY: 7

Choro Q Jet: Rainbow Wings - Takara 1998 PlayStation
    This is a 3D chase view shooter from Takara's Choro Q series. You start by selecting from eight different miniature aircraft, most of which are piloted by kids who are verbally enthusiastic for missions, while at the same time are apologetic for each enemy aircraft shot down. The aircraft are based on actual fighters and bombers that range from a WWII Dauntless dive bomber and P-38 Lightning to modern F-15 and F-117 jets. There's even an attack helicopter thrown in for good measure. Each is rated according to it's speed and armor and each has a unique special weapon that tries to look impressive in action but doesn't perform nearly as well as you would hope for. Your mainstay weapons are machineguns with unlimited ammunition and radar guided homing missiles. The missiles pack a good punch but are notorious for breaking off the intended target and chasing the nearest target of opportunity even though it doesn't have the range or maneuverability to have a chance in Hell of intercepting it.
    The game tasks you with performing both offensive and defensive missions while the skies are filled with a never-ending supply of harassing enemy fighters trying to shoot you down. Your target area is always sprinkled with repairs, spare ammo and invisibility power-ups, but it's also defended with everything from missile batteries to monolithic structures firing super weapons. When you have successfully completed you're mission, you are immediately thrown into a one-on-one aerial boss battle with someone who seems none too pleased with your success.
    All of the aircraft fly quite slowly, but you can use a never exhausting supply of boost for short bursts of speed. The tradeoff is that your weapons will be rendered useless for a few seconds after using it.
    The game is done in a free flight form so you can perform your missions in whatever manner you choose, although some do have a time limit. There are only 4 missions to the game and the first three are easy enough to consider it a child's game. The fourth and final mission is a 3-stage marathon against an aerial armada and the end boss's "dirigible of doom". It's so well armed and armored that I think it was designed specifically to make children cry and has so far outlasted me despite every conceivable aircraft and tactic combination I could try.
    I enjoyed the freedom that free flight gave the game, though it's very short and graphically designed for a younger audience. Sadly, I considered the games graphics to be below average. The difficulty is simply unconscionable!
    The only pic I could find of the game is the case artwork....
    http://noujoumonogatari.sakura.ne.jp...bouxingusu.jpg

GAMEPLAY: 4
    GRAPHICS: 4
    SOUND: 8
    ENGLISH FRIENDLY: 0
    OVERALL: 4

Gamera 2000 - Surveyor Corporation 1997 PlayStation
    This is a game I've wanted to own for a long time. I don't know that it will ever achieve the status of "all your bases belong to us" in gaming lore, but even Gamespot had an article discussing it's notorious FMV while reviewing the game. They even manage to put the game in the proper timeline to the Gamera films. HG101 classicgaming did a thorough review, so between the two there's really not much I could add. But for those who are particularly fussy about the completeness of their games, something that neither article mentioned is that the game did include a sheet of memory stickers. And by the way, I enjoyed Gamera 2000 much more than I did Zero Wing.
    You can see some screenshots courtesy of c-games here...
    http://www.c-games.info/games,002,1776.html
    Classicgaming's review here...
    http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.c...era/gamera.htm
    Gamespot's review here...
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps/action/ga...00/review.html
    And you can see the games intro and all the cheesy FMV courtesy of YouTube here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0UQOCx7L1c

GRAPHICS: 8
    SOUND: 8
    ENGLISH FRIENDLY: 10
    OVERALL: 9
    Last edited by Spartacus; 10-11-2007 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got these a week or so ago and promptly forgot about them. I should get round to opening them and playing them, let alone taking a pic for here:

DS:
    Slide Adventure Mag Kid (with the stand/optical pointer add-on in a huuge box)
    Nodame Cantabile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

Stellar Assault SS - Sega 1998 Sega Saturn
    Engrish from the back of the manual...
    The Furious COSMOS!
    FINAL BATTLE Have Just Started Now!
    WHY they come attack us biyearly?
    WHERE are they from?
    And WHO ARE THEY?

This is supposed to be a sequel/remake of the Sega 32X Stellar Assault (Shadow Squadron) game. It's a free flight space shooter that's displayed in a letter-box format, which is pretty unusual considering it's age and gives it something of an epic feeling. You can select from two types of ships with shields, radar and minor differences in speed and weapons. You're usually accompanied by multiple wingmen who I often wished would just shut up! Regrettably, they are impervious to ahh - weapons malfunctions. The missions are varied, lengthy and at times - rather fun to play. The game feels as immense as space itself and I seldom felt the playing field was constricted in any way. The graphics were so-so, but I never thought the Saturn was worth a damn for 3D games anyway. Somehow they managed to make the explosions appear like sparklers or small fireworks had gone off on the screen which looked good, but most of the big stuff breaks up into big flat polygonal shards and floats away. The Japanese voice acting (and there's plenty of it) sucks donkey balls. The sound effects were acceptably average except for the constant drone of your fighter's engines, which sounded like something that could have been done on an Atari 5200.
    The numerous smaller enemy ships act as cannon fodder and sweeping the stars clear of them isn't really much of a challenge, but the large capital ships take some pounding and they do have formidable defensive laser cannons. The ground installations built on large floating asteroids were even more formidable still. Those built inside asteroids severely tested my flight skills and definitely make use of the ships otherwise useless roll capabilities.
    The game provides for 2 players, but it's not the split-screen kind of play. Instead, one player flies the ship and the other player handles the weapons. It sounds dumb, but this game has missions that seemed designed to make that style of play very advantageous. The gunner has complete independent control of the target reticule and can aim and fire at anything on the screen. Instead of making kamikaze head-on charges into targets that the single player is forced to do, the pilot can take evasive action while the gunner is still able to hammer away at the target.
    There's supposed to be 15 missions in the game, 2 of which are dependent on your actions while playing. All the game text is in English, but all the speech is in Japanese. It may not be worth the price of admission, but it is a reasonably challenging game to play.
    Didn't find any screenshots of the game, but there is some gameplay footage here...
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

SOUND: 6

Hohoho. Isn't that the truth. I'm quite curious to hear how much this cost you? Although I will I don't agree with your 'review' of G-Vector, if anything, the challenge keeps you coming back, oh well.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    Hohoho. Isn't that the truth. I'm quite curious to hear how much this cost you?Although I will I don't agree with your 'review' of G-Vector, if anything, the challenge keeps you coming back, oh well.
    Hey, I think it's great to have people giving differing opinion's about games. Someone else might be interested or undecided about a game and would probably enjoy hearing as many views as possible.
    I'm glad to hear you enjoy G Vector and think of it as a worthy challenge that gives you your money's worth. No doubt about it - it's tough. The slowdown and stuttering wasn't an issue for you? The lack of any intro, ending, between stage cut-scenes or story of any kind didn't give you the feeling that Soft Office just sort of slapped it together without much thought or effort? Well, I did enjoy how the game coaxes you into using the lock on missiles often by having so many enemies use the 3D terrain for cover. But I guess I'm the lazy casual gamer type who feels that if I have to replay a level over and over to get through it, then you damn well better let me save my game. I'll be much more likely to try again the next day if I know I won't have to start all over again from the beginning.

There was a time 3-4 years ago when I had made up my mind on what I wanted to own from the Sega Saturn's library and I remember looking at that list and thinking "Yeah, like that's ever going to happen!" But, with persistence....
    Now I'm at the point where I can experiment a little with some games that I never even dreamed I would ever think about buying. So I decided to take a peek at what Stellar Assault SS and Psychic Assassin Taromaru were going for. There was one copy of Taromaru on Ebay for $350-ish BIN. There was this copy of Sellar Assault SS, without the sticker or spine, on Yahoo Japan for 9000 yen. I thought OK - I'll get a little kooky and give SS a whirl. Is it worth it gameplay wise? No, that would be tough to do. Do I feel some sense of satisfaction in owning and playing it? Yeah, I do. I probably couldn't explain why to anyone else's satisfaction, but I do.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a copy of Lode Runner Extra for the Saturn off Ebay in the mail the other day.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shinichi Chiba's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got Konami MSX Ultra Pack for sega saturn about a week ago .

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Got the following PSone imports:

Macross: Digital Mission VF-X
    Bust A Move (dance/rhythm game aka Bust a Groove in the States)
    Mini-Moni- Dice de Pyon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Just purchased

- Shining the Holy Ark (Saturn)
    - Tales of the World: Summoner's Lineage (GBA)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julio III View Post
    I got these a week or so ago and promptly forgot about them. I should get round to opening them and playing them, let alone taking a pic for here:

DS:
    Slide Adventure Mag Kid (with the stand/optical pointer add-on in a huuge box)
    Nodame Cantabile
    When you get a chance to play them, please post your impressions. I've been interested in both of these games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Famicom
    Argos no Senshi (Rygar)
    Ninja Ryukenden 3 (Ninja Gaiden 3)

Got both games cib beside the jpn version of,Rygar having "different music" then what the u.s version has.Plus with the jpn version of,NG3 it is easier then what the version u.s is as well.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 10-16-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

Just got Arcane Heart in the mail today
    SEGA!

Insert Coin (Level 0) azuma2007's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Just added the below games to my PS2 imports
    Yoshinoya
    Zenosaga Freaks
    Zone of the Enders ZOE
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Space Channel 5 Part2
    NANA
    Another Century's Episode
    R-Type Final

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What is your most RECENT import? Post often!

I had just imported Shaman King: Soul Fight for game cube. But my GC is with my friend cant wait to play it ........

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Just got in:
    crows the battle action
    waku waku 7
    groove on fight

All for saturn

Strawberry (Level 2) Drag0nsfyre's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Parodius Portable for the PSP

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Akira Kain604

Long time Lurker but thought id post as im so happy about finding 2 of my "white whales"
    Psychic Assassin Taromaru , paid a mint to get it but it is a great game not sure yet if its totally worth the price maybe once i get some more time with it.

Metal Wolf Chaos so far the only game i could see worh importing for the orginal xbox. Anyone elce know of any other hidden jems for the xbox in japan

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Those are some nice finds kain76!
    So far I've done diddly squat on importing Xbox games, but some that have caught my interest are...

Dinosaur Hunting: Ushinawareta Daichi (Action)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/d/dinosaurhunting/

Dennou Taisen: Drone Z (Action)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/d/dr...ge/default.htm

Drihoo (Action)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/d/drihoo/details.page/

ExaSkeleton (Action)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/e/ex.../details.page/

Magatama (Action)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/m/ma.../details.page/

Magi Death Fight! (Action)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/m/ma.../details.page/

Muzzle Flash (3rd Person Shooter)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/m/mu.../details.page/

Psyvariar 2: Extend Edition (Shooter)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/p/ps...ge/default.htm

Shikigami no Shiro (Shooter)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/s/sh.../details.page/

Shikigami no Shiro: Evolution Aka (Shooter)

Shikigami no Shiro: Evolution Ran (Shooter)

Shikigami no Shiro II (Shooter)

Galaxy Angel (Adventure)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/g/ga.../details.page/

Rent A Hero No. 1 (Action/RPG)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/r/re.../details.page/

Tenerezza (Action/Rpg)
    http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/t/te.../details.page/

Insert Coin (Level 0) fuchikoma's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow... is that metal wolf chaos sealed?

Nice.
    MAX 330 MEGA
    PRO-GEAR SPEC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuchikoma View Post
    Wow... is that metal wolf chaos sealed?

Nice.
    I actually have two sealed Metal Wolf Chaos's (and an open one!). I wish I had one Taromaru, though......

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Microman overview: Microman was a line of small toy action figure's manufactured by Takara. They were originally imported to the US as Micronauts, but would evolve over time into the Transformer toy line. Since they were never based on a TV show or anime, their story was provided by a mini-catalog that came with each toy. Eventually, Takara would commission a manga series about the Microman. The story has Microman as cyborg beings from the planet Micro Earth that was destroyed in a war with the Acroyears race. They escaped to Earth, disguised themselves as toys and allied themselves with children to stop the Acroyears from dominating the universe.

Chiisana Kyojin Microman - Takara (1999) PlayStation
    A very comical action shooting game with loads of funny voice acting. You choose from a cast of Microman to fight individual battles in separate areas of a large complex. There are 21 areas to the complex that are grouped into 3-4 levels each to make up the 7 stages of the game. The game uses a changing cinematic view of the small fighting areas, but it's never an issue. In each stage, you assign different Microman to each of the 3-4 level areas and then fight them in quick succession. If you should lose a battle, you don't replay it, instead that specific Microman has died and is no longer available for the rest of the game. Other Microman will arrive during the game, giving you a grand total of 26 Microman to choose from. Each Microman has a bit of unique personality with his own western name, voice catch phrases, mannerisms and different colored uniform. Each is equipped with a basic projectile weapon with unlimited ammunition and 3 grenades of various types. Many other weapons can be found and a Microman who picks one up will keep it for the rest of the game until he runs out of ammo or finds another. Each Microman can lock on to enemies by projecting a wire-frame radar net around him. Some missions involve defending a mechanical device, so you need to be careful about what you're shooting at.
    During each individual battle, the Microman will face multiple cyborg enemies who either rush into the room through doors or are teleported in. After defeating them, he will face an Acroyear boss character. Whatever damage the Microman suffered in battle will carry on with him through the rest of the game, but there are health pick-ups in most areas, so taking a moderately damaged Microman into another battle isn't a recipe for defeat.
    If the Microman loses, the enemies will celebrate gleefully. If he wins, his normal reaction is to do a little gloating himself.
    Once you've completed all 21 missions plus two bonus rounds, you'll have the opportunity to play the Extra Game. This is the exact same missions and bonus rounds in identical order to the regular game, but now all the Micromen characters are available from the beginning and the number of enemies in each area has been increased. Complete that and the Tom Alone mode becomes available. Again, it's the exact same missions and bonus rounds of the regular game, but this time the only Microman you have is Tom and if he dies - game over. Graciously, Tom's health is replenished between each level.
    As you unlock the new games, you are also unlocking bonus movie clips and pictures. There are 11 movies and 68 pictures to unlock, but best of all, there are 21 original Japanese Microman television commercials to unlock and they are the highlight of the bonus material. The game allows for 2-player action and memory card saves.

Note: This game was made after Takara "reset" the Microman line to attract a newer audience. Called the New Microman, they were assigned M-00X numbers and you will see that in the game. M100 Tom was special give-away contest prize during the promotion for Chiisana Kyojin Microman. Only 1188 Toms were produced for this give-away. (1188 was the number of known Microman currently living on earth according to Takara Microman lore)

Here's some screenshots of the game, courtsy of C-Games....
    http://c-games.info/games,002,3628.html

GRAPHICS: 8
    SOUND: 9
    ENGLISH FRIENDLY: 8
    OVERALL: 8

Chou Jiryoku Senshi (Magnetic Power) Microman: Generation 2000 - Takara (1999) PlayStation
    This is a 3D action adventure game based on characters from the Microman Magne Power toy line. Called super-magnetic soldiers, they were equipped with a magnetic beam device. The story has several Microman being held prisoner in an Acroyears complex. One Microman attempts to destroy the power core and accidentally? sends beams into the city that teleports a child into the fortress. You choose from a blue haired boy or green haired girl to play the game. The child will be rudely shocked to discover that not only have they been abducted, but they've also been transformed into a cyborg Microman. Their mission is to free several captured Microman and make their escape. The game places emphasis on their magnetic powers to move and manipulate objects to navigate the complex. The beam can also be used as a rope to span chasms or even to shove and drag enemies. A single button controls punching and kicking, but by holding down the button they can also slowly charge up a blast weapon. The fortress is massive with multiple levels and is interspersed with teleporter pads that transport the player to far-flung areas. It's also conveniently placed with machines that will restore energy/health and save your progress. The Acroyears enemies in the complex aren't to bright and can often be picked off while you stand in the doorway unnoticed. But each stage of the game not only has you figuring out how to free a Microman, it also forces you into an arena boss battle to escape each stage. These bosses's include DemonAcroyers who have the ability to summon AcroMonsters from the depths of Hell in the forms of vampires, scorpions and lizards. They also include Acro-Change Troopers who can change themselves into robotic snakes, spiders and other insects. After freeing a Microman prisoner and defeating the boss, you are sent to a new area of the complex by way of a rail shooter ride on various hover vehicles through underground tunnels or airshafts.
    The game has been simplified so that you don't even need to jump, just move the character to a jump point and push forward and they will conveniently make all the jumps for you. The camera view will swing around on it's own providing a cinematic view of your character, but you can snap the view to 3rd person at any time to see exactly where you are going. There's an overhead map view available at all times to show where you are and have been, but of course it only shows to floor you're on at the time.
    I really wanted Magnetic Power Microman: Generation 2000 to be just like Chiisana Kyojin Microman with the quick battles and zany voice acting and I almost gave up on playing it very early on after realizing it was an entirely different type of game. The in game graphics were average at best and your character moves like a tank. Not unheard of in a PlayStation game, I know. But as I played it awhile I began to appreciate it for its exploration and path problem solving and also for the fact that it's a much larger and longer game. The Acroyears boss's were always visually and verbally weird, but the Microman you freed acted strangely aloof, ungrateful and even condescending towards you. The only help they seemed willing to give to free the other Microman prisoners was advice (in Japanese). On the rare occurrence that they'd actually join you in a fight, they were so stupidly arrogant that they got themselves killed in the process. Don't let the graphics or controls put you off. It's definitely worth a play.

Didn't run across any screenshots other that what's on the case artwork, courtesy of Consolecity.....
    http://www.consolecity.com/games/act..._id-14017.html

Some great sources of info about Microman, starting with the Microman home site.........
    http://pierrot.jp/title/microman/index.html
    http://www.microforever.com/

Hakaiou: King of Crusher - Fab Communications (1998) PlayStation
    A 3rd person game of wanton destruction - with an odd sense of humor. The intro shows a petulant child who likes to smash his toys. He grows up to become a salaryman in Tokyo and starts his own family with a newborn son. An alien insect has other plans for him and delivers a bite that transforms him into a raging maniac.
    The whole game is based on the premise that the salaryman will stay alive so long as he is crushing things. His life or energy bar continuously depletes without the destruction. Another bar records the cumulative amount of damage he's done in a level. If he can reach the end of a level after doing a sufficient amount of destruction, he will transform into a larger even more powerful version of himself and start a new level. There are 18 levels in the game that will see him change into a werewolf like ogre after being bitten by a Doberman to morphing into a Godzilla like monster after being struck by lightning.
    At first people will just run away from him in horror, but as Tokyo's destruction mounts, the police and armed forces are sent in to destroy him with tanks, helicopters and jets and they can inflict serious damage to him.
    Ultimately, he becomes so powerful that he sprouts wings and takes his carnage to New York City on a mission to destroy the Empire State building, the Twin Towers and even the Statue of Liberty. Lady Liberty doesn't take this lying down and gets off her pedestal to give battle! It's an ending you have to see to believe!
    Most of the crushing can be done with punches, kicks and head butts, but there are also two power moves available that will change with each incarnation of him. When he's small he can do leg sweeps and back flip attacks. As Godzilla he can do sweeps with his tail and breath fire. His winged version wages battle in the air with fire breathing and death rays.
    The sound effects of destruction were a bit disappointing at times. The same china plate hitting the floor sound used for smashing his forehead through a window was heard when his death ray destroyed an apartment complex. But the music was decent and appropriate for destruction.
    Graphically the games nothing to brag about, but there are a few nice touches in the game that I appreciated. In Tokyo there were billboards of pretty Japanese girls. You could cross rivers by walking under water. If you destroy a section of overpass, the cars zipping along on it would stream over the edge. The game let's you destroy just about anything you can think of including gas stations, dams, bridges, trestles, power lines, convoys and even forests. Mostly it was a straight path of destruction from the beginning to the end of a level, but there were some branching paths and dead ends. The cut-scenes looked nice and sometimes had a humorous clip to introduce a new area of destruction. The alien insect, who looks a lot like a flying tick with bat wings, appears often between stages to gleefully narrate what's about to happen in a metallic reverb sounding Japanese voice.
    The most shocking thing for me to see was the FMV intro of New York. Fighter jets are seen streaking by the World Trade centers in anticipation of his arrival and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up watching it.
    If you can ignore some of it's failings, you'll be rewarded with some satisfying destruction and a memorable ending that will both stun and puzzle you. Worth a play.

Here's some screenshots of the game, courtesy of C-Games...
    http://www.c-games.info/games,002,1845.html

GAMEPLAY: 7

Oh No! - Asmik Ace (2000) PlayStation
    An odd game that tasks you with simultaneously controlling from two to four young male characters that march inexorably down paths as you try to keep them from running into people, traffic and other hazards. Your characters are losing energy while marching, but can restore their health by picking up hamburgers along the way. They must also be careful not to pick up any poisonous fish sandwiches strewn along the course. You can freely switch the characters from marching abreast of each other to marching in single file and you can jump over many hazards. Complete the course and you get to watch the characters dance on stage while you tap control buttons in time with visual clues on screen to earn bonus points. The music is entirely in English - there's even a "Where's Waldo" type poster of the boys included with the game and all of the song lyrics are printed on the back of it. There are 10 stages of marching and dancing in the game and the various paths take you through beaches, ski-resorts, amusement parks, zoo's and even down expressways. There are also some modes of play that 2-players can compete side by side through the courses.
    This is a very, VERY Japanese game. Not just because of its almost complete lack of English, but the story and art style makes you distinctly aware that we are not all the same culturally. The boys are attired in those Japanese loincloths that look suspiciously like diapers and have some of the most incredibly pronounced ball sacks I've ever witnessed in a game! I gathered it's some sort of coming of age story about the boys, as there seems to be some sort of love/hate thing going on with girls. During the cut-scenes, they explore these feelings of fascination and revulsion by poking a finger into a shop-woman's butt and invoke the wrath of her husband who chases them through one course in a bulldozer. Other butts, usually naked, are dispersed throughout the story. They also engage in some minor voyeurism with some older male relatives. In one unforgettable scene, a naked male relative is standing on the beach flying a small hand towel from his obvious erection. One of the boys nonchalantly bends over to use the towel to wipe his sweaty brow! YEESH! Can't say I really understood the game and I couldn't say that I enjoyed playing it. Successfully negotiating the courses was really all about trial and error and memorization.

Couldn't find any real screenshots, but you can see the case artwork here...
    http://tenant.depart.livedoor.com/t/...em2662549.html
    And a single game image here...
    http://game.goo.ne.jp/search/title/P...202/index.html

GAMEPLAY: 5
    ENGLISH FRIENDLY: 0
    OVERALL: 5