Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2162

Thread: What is your most RECENT import? Post often!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post
    Dude...

WHERE did you find a seller for that?? I've checked every site I can think of that a Japanese shopper would use to look for used games and never found so much as a single search result for this game. (Stuff like Rakuten, Bidders, etc.) I don't even have the slightest idea what it's even worth. I don't how recent that price tag is on the photograph of yours (looks very old, I'm sure people pay more than that now..)

It's possibly the ONLY game I can think of off the top of my head that I might consider playing start to finish via emulator just because physical acquisition of the cart seems outright impossible.

Either you were insanely lucky or I'm just incredibly stupid with my shopping.
    Yeah, even just finding one loose can be tough. Normally I don't buy loose games, but when I saw a loose Trip World cart I actually bought it. I've been looking for this guy for a looong time. Normally I don't post in these kind of threads anymore because it can be a bit of hassle to line up my recent acquisitions, take pics, edit them a bit, upload and reply to thread. However this bad boy is definitely worth it. It's like finding a unicorn! lol

Yeah, I search all possible sources... not just auctions etc. I remember when I was looking for a CIB SFC Iron Commando, I even hired 2 different agencies in Japan to scour physical stores while I continued my hunt online! Sometimes all you can do is wait and continue the search...

As for value, even a loose cart is expensive. This CIB one is probably the most expensive JPN GB game I've ever bought.

Last edited by StealthLurker; 12-09-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't think I'd go as far as paying agencies to locate it, heh. Maybe this is something I will have to look for one day when I fly to Japan and if I have an astronomical amount of luck I might find a loose cart.

I saw an auction for a CIB Iron Commando months ago on eBay (probably the worst place to see it, right?) It went into the mid 200's if I recall. It was a high profile seller so I'm sure tons of buyers got to see it was there before that was over.

There are a handful of titles I have a lot of trouble finding that shouldn't really be worth much anyway (e.g. Battle Formula for Famicom.) I'd assume it's not a valuable game but I have never found a copy for sale so far.

EDIT: Just looked it up and a Battle Formula was listed. Over $100 just for a cart. I'm not very thrilled about this. Why are Sunsoft games so bloody rare and expensive?
    Last edited by FoxNtd; 12-10-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't think I'd go as far as paying agencies to locate it, heh. Maybe this is something I will have to look for one day when I fly to Japan and if I have an astronomical amount of luck I might find a loose cart.

I saw an auction for a CIB Iron Commando months ago on eBay (probably the worst place to see it, right?) It went into the mid 200's if I recall. It was a high profile seller so I'm sure tons of buyers got to see it was there before that was over.

There are a handful of titles I have a lot of trouble finding that shouldn't really be worth much anyway (e.g. Battle Formula for Famicom.) I'd assume it's not a valuable game but I have never found a copy for sale so far.

EDIT: Just looked it up and a Battle Formula was listed. Over $100 just for a cart. I'm not very thrilled about this. Why are Sunsoft games so bloody rare and expensive?

Yeah I saw a CIB Iron Commando on YJ recently. But of course, it wasn't around when I needed it lol.

Battle Formula is very rare, especially in CIB form. I have a CIB copy. It can easily fetch $300USD plus. For famicom, most people think of Recca as the rare and expensive game. But imho Battle Formula outclasses it very much in those aspects. If you want to buy Recca, there's always a couple copies floating around. You just have to pay market value for it. If you want a CIB copy of Battle Formula you just have to wait. Doesn't matter if you have the money or not like with Recca.

Spy Hunter 2 may be easy to get on the NES, but not on the famicom. Kinda like the reverse on the Flinstones, Little Samson, etc.

Last edited by StealthLurker; 12-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always thought gold Famicom Punch Out was the high tier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Contaminous View Post
    I always thought gold Famicom Punch Out was the high tier
    Or the gold Rockman 4's... there are only 8 of those right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Or the gold Rockman 4's... there are only 8 of those right?
    I think the Gold (original version) Punch Outs are overrated. You go on ebay, yahoo japan etc and you will see multiple for sale. You can get it CIB for 250 USD.

Imho the one that costs in the 700+ range is a CIB Gradius Alpha. However like gold punchout, those can be found fairly easily.

There are games that are "expensive" because they're considered rare. Then there's the stuff that truly is rare. Just try to buy one. I watched a Japanese game documentary that followed a Japanese famicom collector. According to him Battle Formula is the rarest. Now I don't know about THE rarest, but it's fairly hard to get.... Especially CIB.

Last edited by StealthLurker; 12-11-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Animerforever05's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my first psp import game is Kurogane no Linebarrels
    it was only 12.90$ for the asia ver.
    Last edited by Animerforever05; 07-08-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    There are games that are "expensive" because they're considered rare. Then there's the stuff that truly is rare. Just try to buy one. I watched a Japanese game documentary that followed a Japanese famicom collector. According to him Battle Formula is the rarest. Now I don't know about THE rarest, but it's fairly hard to get.... Especially CIB.
    Would you be able to provide me with a way to see the documentary you brought up? I was hoping it's something you found posted online and not something more obscure such as a television program from Japan.. I would like to see what other information was presented in that program.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Would you be able to provide me with a way to see the documentary you brought up? I was hoping it's something you found posted online and not something more obscure such as a television program from Japan.. I would like to see what other information was presented in that program.
    As I recall it was on one of the "GPara DVD Magazine" (all digital magazine) discs. Exactly which one I don't recall. I'd have to dig them out of storage and that's not likely to happen anytime soon due to the amount of effort it would take. These DVDs are Japanese Region 2 btw. Pretty sure it was GPara and not the Famitsu Wave DVDs...

Well anyways, this digital magazine goes over upcoming games and has a segment where they go over retro stuff. I mainly wanted it for the retro stuff. A really nice one was where they went over the history of Gradius. Another one they went to a retro game shop and the owner showed him all his rarities. Even opened up a shipping container in the docks and showed factory cases of old dead stock. Then the other one, which I mentioned above went to the apartment of a hardcore 8bit famicom collector who had ever single game that was released. He talked a bit about whichever game/accessory he was currently demoing. One of them was Battle Formula.

Last edited by StealthLurker; 12-13-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Imho the one that costs in the 700+ range is a CIB Gradius Alpha. However like gold punchout, those can be found fairly easily.
    You mean Gradius Archimendes, the promotional version of Gradius?

Is Mobile Suit Gundam Hot Scramble: Final Version (the gold version, which actually has less content than the normal black version) really worth the $1,500 price I saw once?
    (and I think there were a couple other gold Bandai carts, but I don't know if they're also valuable)

I think I saw one game called NHK Space School sell for like $500 CIB. Which doesn't sound too bad considering it was thought to have been unreleased (even among some Japanese sites I've seen focusing on canceled Famicom games).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SP4C3FL34
    PSN
    ArrowShockwave

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Is Mobile Suit Gundam Hot Scramble: Final Version (the gold version, which actually has less content than the normal black version) really worth the $1,500 price I saw once?
    I know I've seen that one sell on eBay twice. The first time it went for $1,900 BIN and the second time was earlier this year for $750 at auction; both in similar condition. I don't know what the others think, but I would put it in the range of the second price since that was an auction and the first purchase was probably just someone desperate to have it.
    Be Attitude For Gains...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    You mean Gradius Archimendes, the promotional version of Gradius?

(and I think there were a couple other gold Bandai carts, but I don't know if they're also valuable)

I think I saw one game called NHK Space School sell for like $500 CIB. Which doesn't sound too bad considering it was thought to have been unreleased (even among some Japanese sites I've seen focusing on canceled Famicom games).
    Yes, you're right it's Archimendes after the noodle company.

Hot Scramble is funny. The box says limited to 1000 pieces only. Yet there are always several up for grabs on YJA. Some loose under 100,000 yen and some are even boxed (but not in dead mint condition) also way under the 100k yen deck. Same with the gold Kinnikuman carts.

Last edited by StealthLurker; 12-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn, fancy stuff.
    recently the only import i've got was image fight for the pce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, Trip World is one of those game I've always wanted to play as well, but it'll probably be delegated to a shot in the emulator instead. Nice find!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I watched a Japanese game documentary that followed a Japanese famicom collector. According to him Battle Formula is the rarest. Now I don't know about THE rarest, but it's fairly hard to get.... Especially CIB.
    I remember seeing a clip of a guy who had all the Famicom games, but I think he said that Battle Formula was his favorite game, not the rarest.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Animerforever05's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bleach : Heat of the Soul 4 got off amazon warehouse for $33.74
    sorry used my 3ds camera. too lazy to use regular camera

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Shin Megami Tensei hooray! I got Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PS1) and Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Saturn)!

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These are my most current pickups
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100MEDIA_IMAG0350.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	4206
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My most recent...Magna Carta II Limited Edition (Korean)...

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...threadid=61807
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

My most recent even though got them in october

Life!? ... What console is that on?