Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got this Japanese Megadrive game, is it "rare"?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Doh! Man that sucks. Hey I heard that it was possible to burn MegaCD games and add/delete a file so the SegaCD could play it. Have you heard of this?
    Thanx for the tip on the Power Dolls. I have looked at getting the Saturn version.
    Oh I also gave Maxlords crap for trading you the Record of the Lodoss War(SFC) I was hoping to score it for myself Hey have you come across a copy of Lord Monarch(MegaDrive) at all? Also I wouldn't mind your extra copy of Lord of Elemental

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    @Geelw: are those GENESIS PAL games or MEGA-DRIVE PAL games? What I've personally never seen before are GENESIS PAL games, which as claimed above exist.

The "fitting them into the slot" is just a small piece of the puzzle. What I had thought was that the Genesis hardware BIOS had a lock-out to prevent PAL or SECAM Mega-Drive games from being played on them, yet I've never had a problem with Japanese (NTSC) Mega-Drive games using a converter.
    i've never seen any PAL genesis carts- all the european stuff i've come across has been mega drive. we'll have to hope that this guy coughs up a pic or scan soon. the closest thing i've seen to what he's talking about was an asian version md cart in a genesis shell (teenage mutant ninja turtles tournament fighters), but it was a really well-made bootleg, complete with an instruction manual. there are also original MD games sega produced for english speakers in hong kong, which are japanese carts with english games in them...

it COULD be the case that the game is PAL formatted, and the manual, box, and label are from the u.s.... perhaps sega made some sort of error, or it's a u.s. game that just happens to run on a PAL mega drive. stranger things have happened (and, it's a sports game, to boot... x_x)