Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most you've paid for an accessory

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKVermin
    $100 CDN for Steel Battalion. I count it as an accessory, because that's what I bought it for. I didn't really care too much about the game, but I thought the controller would make a nice addition to my collection.
    Wait--do you mean to say that you bought the game and didn't like playing it, or that you bought it just to have sitting around?
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

200 for the Steel Battalion set up...

100 for the Gamecube ASCII keyboard controller....
    Best 100 dollar controller ever !

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paid $250 + tax (CAD) for a NIB Steel Battalion when it first came out and sold it on Ebay (for $350 US). Then I paid $215 for a NIB v2 one at a game shop and eventually traded it back in.. then I paid $100 for a NIB v2 one at TRU on clearance (I'm keeping this one). I like the v2 one better.. nice blue buttons. It's a shame SB's are so rare in the US, they're all over the place up here.

I wish they'd make some more games for the controller... a Mechwarrior game would be sweet.
    machine.slave

CLICK HERE!! To check out my collection for sale! Only $1500 for the lot

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="machine.slave"] I like the v2 one better.. nice blue buttons. [quote]

Wow, so this accessory seems to be the most common by far. I've never even heard of it (where have I been). Is there any other reason you like the v2 better than the v1, or is just the color of the buttons?

I read on an auction that the v1 was higher quality and was made by a different company than the v2, but the guy was selling the v1 so...

Nate

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nate1749
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.slave
    I like the v2 one better.. nice blue buttons.
    Wow, so this accessory seems to be the most common by far. I've never even heard of it (where have I been). Is there any other reason you like the v2 better than the v1, or is just the color of the buttons?

I read on an auction that the v1 was higher quality and was made by a different company than the v2, but the guy was selling the v1 so...

Nate
    As far as I know, both version 1 (green buttons) and version 2 (blue buttons) were manufactured by Sammy. With respect to quality, most of the complaints about component failures in the main (upper) controller blocks have involved v2 controllers. Not that component failure is common, but it seems to be mostly limited to the v2 controllers. I've not had any problem at all with my v1 upper controller blocks.

Footpedal block problems seem to crop up in both versions around 150-200 hours of play time, but with minor repairs (spring reassignment and replacement) I've kept my original footpedal block running for over 400 hours (actual "combat operation" time).
    (\ /)
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, that would be £125 for a PAL Samba De Amigo box set. It was a little gift to myself for clearing my overdraft. I overspent a little, but I wanted it sooooo bad!!

And I made up for it by getting a second box set shortly after for £65. Woohoo!

Vroomfunkel

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I paid sixty bucks for this chunk of PS1-compatible loveliness so I could get my Crazy Cliimber/Robotron/Black Widow thang on:

...that was about 2 1/2 years ago.

I paid almost, but not quite, $100 for a Wico Atari 5200 joystick/keypad combo. Don't regret it one bit, either.

I paid.......more than that......for one of the four Odyssey2 trackball controllers known to exist.

(And I'm passing the savings on to you - it'll once again be available for the public to play at this year's OVGE, next month in Tulsa! [/end pimp mode])

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most I paid was $25CAD for a mint and boxed Super Scope. Then again I don't have many accessories anyway...yet!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most I paid was $25CAD for a mint and boxed Super Scope. Then again I don't have many accessories anyway...yet!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    Quote Originally Posted by SKVermin
    $100 CDN for Steel Battalion. I count it as an accessory, because that's what I bought it for. I didn't really care too much about the game, but I thought the controller would make a nice addition to my collection.
    Wait--do you mean to say that you bought the game and didn't like playing it, or that you bought it just to have sitting around?
    I haven't sunk a lot of time into the game yet. It's tough to play with the kids hovering around the controller in permanent "WOW" Mode. From what I've seen so far (and from what friends have told me), the game isn't great, but the immersion factor is pretty high. If I never get around to finishing the game, I'm ok with that. The controller is more of a trophy anyways.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nate
    After using both, I'd say the quality was pretty much the same for both.. the only difference was the button colour.. oh, and the right stick was a little sturdier (I found the v1 to be a little to loose).

Is there a difference in rarity, anyone?
    machine.slave

CLICK HERE!! To check out my collection for sale! Only $1500 for the lot

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nate
    After using both, I'd say the quality was pretty much the same for both.. the only difference was the button colour.. oh, and the right stick was a little sturdier (I found the v1 to be a little to loose).

Is there a difference in rarity, anyone?
    Oh, I'm sure that they both feel quite sturdy. I was just pointing out that the internet reports of "o noes my eject button / tuner dial / shift lever is broke" seem to be mostly confined to the blue button models. I'm glad that both have held up for you under use. As for the right stick being stiffer/looser, they all loosen up with use.

I don't know of any difference in rarity between the two models, although I suspect that most of the sealed sets available these days would be v2.
    (\ /)
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probaly my ps2 memcard £30 or 60 usd..

Or my eyetoy £40 or 80 usd

Cheapest has gotta be ps2 controler £2.50 5 usd which is much better than the standard one. I loe airport duty free

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a PC controller for $30..

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well up untill a few days ago I would have said $200.00 for my Steel Battalion direct from the manufacturer. But now I'd say $409.04 for my new ColecoVision P.O.P Display Kiosk. I can't wait to get it home. Although I guess it's not technically an accessory, It's "The Accessory!" Anybody else here have one of these?

www.VikingVideoGames.com
    Home of the Mini ColecoVision

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doubledownon11
    Well up untill a few days ago I would have said $200.00 for my Steel Battalion direct from the manufacturer. But now I'd say $409.04 for my new ColecoVision P.O.P Display Kiosk. I can't wait to get it home. Although I guess it's not technically an accessory, It's "The Accessory!" Anybody else here have one of these?

doubledown, that's just insane! I love it! Of course, the wife would hit the roof if I ever brought something like that down. She had enough problems with the old EA Classics spinner rack I used to have. Looks like a great find you've got there.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

$150+ for xbox lcd when hey first came out.