Thread: Video game chain complaints via email?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video game chain complaints via email?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody here has ever emailed one of the video game chain's (ie. Gamestop, Game Crazy, EB games, etc) customer service department with a complaint and recieved a reply?

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

Yes... one time I saw M.U.S.H.A for the Sega Genesis on the EBgames website. I immediately paid for it (and a few others) only to get a partial order and a letter saying that M.U.S.H.A. was "backordered" and that they would send it when they got it.

I waited a month or so and then e-mailed customer service at EB. I got a canned e-mail reply a few days later saying that they were sorry and that they would send it as soon as possible and that they would refund me my $6.99 if I wanted.

I forgot about it, then remembered about three months later.

I e-mailed again.

Once again, I received a canned (copied & pasted) stock e-mail saying the same thing and offering me a refund.

As it was $6.99, I said "screw it" and waited.

My game came in the mail about a month or so later... almost six months later than when I originally ordered it.

Better late than never.

What the fack does "backordered" mean, anyway? Is the original publisher going to re-print the game nearly a decade after the host console was declared dead?

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What the fack does "backordered" mean, anyway?
    In the used game / old game arena, it means "when someone trades it in"

I e-mailed Game Stop's CS after what was quite possibly the WORST experience I have ever had in a store.

I walked into the store, no greeting, found what i was looking for, and went to the counter. The employee was writing in some sort of journal, waited about 1 minute before looking up, and then basically threw his pen down in disgust, with the matching facial expression, that he may actually have to do something. He then proceeded to incorrectly ring up my purchase, and basically gave off this attitude of holier-than-thou-leave-me-the-hell-alone.

I got a reply that I would be getting a CS call to discuss the matter, no one ever called.

Jason