Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I could check tonight to see if MacMAME has this implemented as well.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

EDIT: INP file is required for Knights of the Round. E-mail sent to all players.

Chris

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

If you do submit a .inp file, please compress the file in a .zip archive. This greatly lowers the size of the .inp file. A 2MB .inp file can easily fit into a 50K or less .zip file.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already had a KotR rom, so now I have two of them. One is 'Japanese' and the other is 'US' so, what one is the one Jibba provided?
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    I already had a KotR rom, so now I have two of them. One is 'Japanese' and the other is 'US' so, what one is the one Jibba provided?
    There should be a "World" romset in there, which is the one that we are using.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

OK just to update everyone, Gapporin and I have come to an agreement and finalized the gaming schedule. We will have 2 games per week for the next 12 weeks. Including the game we are currently playing, that will be a regular season of 25 games. I will post tonight what the "matchups" actually are between players. Through the course of the season, your scores will constantly be added together (see the column on the far right on the standings sheet). At the end of the regular season, the player with the highest total score will win a special prize. We will also continue the practice of giving out mini-prizes to each week's winners, whether they be meseta or actual items that will be mailed to you.

I have also heard back from Joe (DP), and we will DEFINITELY be giving out virtual trophies to the top three winners to place in their DP item inventories. These will be one-of-a-kind trophies not available for purchase in the DP shops, and will therefore be the ultimate in bragging rights. I will post gifs of them in the main league thread when the artist finishes them.

Please continue to post any comments, suggestions, or trash talkking here in this thread.

Hope everyone is having fun!

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay, the season schedule sounds great. But I just have one beef: PLEASE do not pick another game that rolls your old score into your next game. You don't really need to have people sending inp files if you steer clear of the score-saving games. Cheating on regular score-ending games is more trouble than it's worth, but for a game like KotR, cheating is as simple as pressing "5". I'm glad this happened in the first game of the season and not when it's going to decide who makes the playoffs. It just makes high scores highly suspect. Instead of looking like a great player, you look like the biggest cheater. So please test future games and avoid them if they do this.

Okay, that's the end of my rant.

One more thing... are scores going to be posted publicly after each week? I certainly hope so.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Okay, the season schedule sounds great. But I just have one beef: PLEASE do not pick another game that rolls your old score into your next game. You don't really need to have people sending inp files if you steer clear of the score-saving games. Cheating on regular score-ending games is more trouble than it's worth, but for a game like KotR, cheating is as simple as pressing "5". I'm glad this happened in the first game of the season and not when it's going to decide who makes the playoffs. It just makes high scores highly suspect. Instead of looking like a great player, you look like the biggest cheater. So please test future games and avoid them if they do this.

Okay, that's the end of my rant.

One more thing... are scores going to be posted publicly after each week? I certainly hope so.
    OK I have heard enough concern over the ease of cheating with this game that INP files will have to be mandatory. I have sent everyone an e-mail about it. Gapporin and I will make sure that none of the subsequent games used in the league allow the score to be preserved when continuing your game.

Sorry for the hassle.

Also, to answer Dr. Morbis' question, scores will be posted at the end of each week.

Chris

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Stupid question, but MacMAME 0.88 (the latest build, may I add) does not support INP recording (or any recording of gameplay). So, how am I supposed to record my game, then?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    Stupid question, but MacMAME 0.88 (the latest build, may I add) does not support INP recording (or any recording of gameplay). So, how am I supposed to record my game, then?
    At the MacMAME main interface, highlight the game you want to play, click the "misc" tab, and click "save replay". The game should start, and will record your gameplay.

Chris

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Thanks for saying how one does a INP recording.

So you're saying that even though all the other games are not going to have the score carried over with a new credit we're STILL going to have to send INP files in place of screenshots with our e-mail submissions? Or are both needed now? Sorry for the confusion.

As for the game itself -- never heard of it. :P I'm sure it's good, being from Capcom, but I just never saw the game.

Since I want to be fair to all my fellow players, read the entry on this game at KLOV -- it's a pretty large entry and has some hints and tips.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Needle
    Beat-em-ups always seem to pull out the cheese factor. Anyone gotten to the boss of stage 2 yet? A majority of the time I can't even come close to beating this guy, and I have yet to make it to stage 3 with a player in reserve. He has a close attack, a long attack, an air attack, a speed advantage, a throw, a horse - it's just the programmers were saying "it's about time to collect a quarter"
    pffff... he's easier than the first stage boss. Not to say that makes him easy to defeat.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Thanks for saying how one does a INP recording.

So you're saying that even though all the other games are not going to have the score carried over with a new credit we're STILL going to have to send INP files in place of screenshots with our e-mail submissions? Or are both needed now? Sorry for the confusion.
    No, man. INP is required for this game because of the ease of cheating. We will make sure that in future games, your score does not stay with you if you continue your game, so INP files will not be neccesary.

Chris

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Okay, thanks.

Tried the game a couple times tonight. Pretty hard. Got to the Stage 2 boss and about 39k in points.

I can't see this as being a high scoring game for anyone. You only have the one credit and one reserve life, although it seems you can earn more with enough points. There's things you can do to maxmize your point spread (move quickly and don't attack the treasures) but the further you can make it in this seven stage game the more chance for points, of course. It's hard to say what someone here can pull off for a top score, unless someone is quite good with this game. Given how you seem to rack up about 20k in points on average a stage, I think someone could break 100k by Sunday if they are lucky and/or good.

I want that person to be me. :P

Oh, one more suggestion if possible -- I'd LOVE to see the winning person's .INP file (the person with the most persons). Can it be posted for download?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Given how you seem to rack up about 20k in points on average a stage, I think someone could break 100k by Sunday if they are lucky and/or good.
    Naa, I think there will be scores far above that.

Oh, one more suggestion if possible -- I'd LOVE to see the winning person's .INP file (the person with the most persons). Can it be posted for download?
    I think that's a great idea! Although after this round I don't think we'll see many more games in the competition that require an .inp made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Thanks for the heads up... however, it seems that I can either use a joystick or save a game. Even though MacMAME .96 came out yesterday, it doesn't implement save states properly (clicking on "Save replay" makes MacMAME crash). I tried downgrading, but then I lose joystick support... and I can't save my game either (it open the "save as" window, but if I try to load the replay, nothing happens).

I'll try tonight with an older version of MacMAME for OS 9, to see whether the save replay feature works properly there (joystick support wasn't an issue in OS9 because of InputSprokets).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Lady Jaye

savegames aren't allowed, right??!
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Well then how am I supposed to save the .inp file??? And I was just trying to see if I could play the savefile...

Does any of the players in this league use MacMAME aside from me, to at least tell me what I'm doing wrong, or which version MacMAME actually works properly in terms of saving the inp file?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    Well then how am I supposed to save the .inp file??? And I was just trying to see if I could play the savefile...
    savegames are not the same as recordings, afaik you decide to record the game before you play and MAME automatically saves a video file (=INP), whereas savegames are something you do while playing, it just saves the current state (inp files save every button pressed)
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Well, I was only following Jibbajaba's instructions (see his post above)...

Then, Hydrox, do you know WHERE the INP file maker is in MacMAME?