Thread: Import Historical Simulations for Saturn

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Import Historical Simulations for Saturn

OK folks, if anyone knows where I can get the rest of these that I'm still looking for, preferably in new/sealed condition, please let me know! They're always dirt cheap, even factory sealed, but the problem is they're all very difficult to locate!

However, I've been extremely fortunate recently to find a reliable source for alot of them, so hopefully he'll continue to supply me with more of the ones that I don't have yet, so I can complete my collection of these unique imports!

So far I believe that I've just completed my collection of all the ones developed by a company called RON, two of which were published by Imagineer, and one which was published by Xing. That would be Tenga Seiha, Shoryu Sangokuengi, and Kouryu Sangokuengi, the first one being a Nobunaga clone and the other two being Sangokushi clones. I'm not sure why they weren't all published by Imagineer, but Xing published the last one. However, all were developed by RON.

Now for the really hard part of this, trying to complete my collection of all the ones published by Koei! This will take alot of searching and even more patience, if it's even still possible to find them all factory sealed. But, I'm already off to a really great start in that effort too! So far I have four Nobunaga games and one Sangokushi game. I don't think I'm gonna worry about trying to collect all the Sangokushi games, but there are a couple more that I would like to get.

So, I now have Nobunaga: Tenshoki, Nobunaga Returns, Nobunaga: Shouseiroku, Nobunaga: Sengokugunyuuden, and Sangokushi Returns. I believe that means that I'm still missing no more than two of the Nobunaga games, but I'm not sure. It depends on what Game Nihonishi: Kakumeiko Oda Nobunaga is, and also what Hidekichi Nobunaga Set is. I already know what Nobunaga no Yabou Value Set is, and it's just Nobunaga: Tenshoki & Nobunaga Returns bundled together. So I just need to find out what those other two are, and track them both down if they're something I need.

So, moving right along, the only other Sangokushi games that I'm really interested in are Sangokushi: Eiketsuden & Sangokushi: Koumeiden, so no need for me to worry about collecting a bunch of Roman numerals that go all the way up to ten or more if you count every one for every system.

Next on my list are a couple of Suikoden games, but not the RPG's that we all know and love on the PlayStation, what I'm looking for are the two Koei Suikoden simulations, Suikoden: Tenmei no Chikai & Suikoden: Tendo 108 Sei, so no need for me to worry about what Roman numeral the Konami Suikoden RPG's are on either, I just want the sims.

And that leaves me with just a few more oddball titles that I'm not even sure what they're about, but I do know that they are historic simulations published by Koei in Japan for the Saturn, so of course I wanna try to collect all them too!

Which means that I'm also looking for Taikou Risshiden II, Ishin No Arashi, Mouri Motonari: Chikai no Sanshi, and I'd like to find Daikoukai Jidai Gaiden as well. I know that last one is an Uncharted Waters side-story, and I assume that I don't really need to worry about getting Daikoukai Jidai II for the Saturn, because I already have Uncharted Waters I & II for the Genesis. Ditto for all the Teitoku No Ketsudan games as well, since I already have PTO for the Genesis and PTO II for the SNES, but it might be nice to get PTO III for the Saturn, although that series is still counting higher up in the Roman numerals too, on various other systems, so I'm not worried about finding Teitoku No Ketsudan II or III yet. I'm much more interested in finding all the ones that we never got any of over here than in long running series.

So, to sum all that up in an easy to manage list, I still need:

Sangokushi: Eiketsuden
    Sangokushi: Koumeiden
    Suikoden: Tenmei no Chikai
    Suikoden: Tendo 108 Sei
    Taikou Risshiden II
    Ishin No Arashi
    Mouri Motonari: Chikai no Sanshi
    Daikoukai Jidai Gaiden
    Game Nihonishi: Kakumeiko Oda Nobunaga
    Hidekichi Nobunaga Set

And of course that last one I may not really need, but I do need to find out what it is, so I can find out if I do need it!

So, I still have ten Koei historical simulations on my Saturn shopping list, preferably new/sealed, and I wouldn't expect any of them to cost much more than about $20 - $25 new, if that much. I'll pay a little bit more for the ones I still need if I have to, especially if they're new/sealed, but so far I've been able to get all the ones that I have now for about that much or less, so I really don't expect them all to cost alot. It's just hard as hell to find them all, especially new/sealed!

No, I can't read any Japanese, no I can't play any of them for crap, but for some strange reason I've become addicted to collecting them, so yes I really do want all those games! I guess it's just because they're so cheap when you finally find them, and because there's a challenge to finding them all, especially when you're trying to find them all new/sealed!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

time to enrol to Asian Ancient History class that will cover Japanese history as well...

it's fascinating subject and if you like history you will love it mate...

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj898
    time to enrol to Asian Ancient History class that will cover Japanese history as well...

it's fascinating subject and if you like history you will love it mate...
    Oh I know, that's definitely part of my fascination with this type of game for sure! I've always been into Asian culture, so I know a bit about the actual history behind the more mainstream historical games, but it's the ones that I'm not familiar with that I'm the most curious about now! I guess it would help if I actually tried searching a real public library for information on some of this stuff, because the internet is sadly lacking in any English explanations of what most of this stuff is all about, unless you already know what it's all about! That's what pisses me off, I can't even find any real information about all this stuff, much less any screenshots or cover scans from all the games! So that makes it even harder to find what I'm looking for, it's like occult secrets!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

YEP!
    after entire Ancient Asian History pumped into your brain for 16 years you will get to remember many of stuff even after decades later.. No when I was in primary they didn't teach ancient history till year 3... plus 12 years of junior high and high school...