0 Posts

Default OVGE 2005 May Updates!

Updated Below...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dustin and myself (we have the neo geo booth) were discussing having a tournament for Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves and perhaps even a Street Fighter III: Third stike tourney as well. I'd love to see some great competition and participate as well. Last year there were a few very good MotW players and I truly enjoyed the competition.

And if noone has said it, thank you for all your hard work. We truly appreciate your efforts to make this show possible and great. I never would have expected this sort of thing in Oklahoma.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Updated May 2005 Updates for OVGE

Just a quick update to let everyone know that now we are just over a month out from the show!

At this point it is pretty safe to say that everything is now locked down table wise. As a result, I encourage all of you to look at the OVGE website and look at the vendors and exhibitors list. There are some new faces from both sides coming to the show this year!

OVGE Merchandise is also available now through cafepress! Shirts, tote bags, mousepads, etc. Check out the OVGE storefront at cafepress here!
    We had quite a few compliments on our staff shirts last year, so now everyone has the chance to have shirts of their own!

Not listed as main news, but I thought I would go ahead and let you guys know what Tournaments are so far confirmed:

OVGE Classic Gaming Tournament:
    We always try and pick a good mix of game genres between 3 distinctly different systems. This year, we have our best picks yet! Here are the games to be played this year for the Classic Tourney:

Atari 2600: Slightly modified version of the new homebrew to debut at OVGE! Yeap...We are going to use Go Fish! as the 2600 game this year!

Atari 7800: Finally we get the 7800 involved in the show tournament this year. I hope everyone is ready to throw some food! Yeap, Food Fight for the 7800 will be the 2nd game played in the tourney this year.

Turbo Grafix 16: This poor console never really got a chance in my book. And there are some really excellent titles for this system. However, this is where I usually pick a shooter based game. Not this time, we have instead chosen a totally different approach this year, and will be going with Pinball this time! Specifically, Time Cruise which is a fairly obscure pinball title for the TG16. Gonna be fun!

Max Newton and Dustin Johnson who represent our Neo-Geo exhibit at the OVGE will be hosting a Fatal Fury:Mark of the Wolves tournament this year! They plan to have both 1st and 2nd place prizes available.

In addition Game Crazy and Game Rush both will be hosting their own console gaming tournaments this year. Game Rush has tentatively stated that they will host a Halo 2 tournament and possibly one other not yet announced. Game Crazy will host a Tekken 5 tournament and also a Midnight Club Racing tournament!

So there will be plenty to see and do at this years show, just like every year! See you all in June!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't wait to check out Flashback 2

Maybe I should bring a paddle controller, and see if I can unlock one of the hidden games.
    Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.