Thread: Revenge of the Sith video game

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Revenge of the Sith video game

Anyone buying this now that its out?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got it on the 5th. I'm having a blast with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I bought it after flipping through the guide book.

It's a really kick ass FInal Fight type game with a control set-up that can best be described as "Soul Caliber with the Force attached."

Go for the XBox version, I have mine in HDTV component, and the in-game visuals are beautiful. Pretty nice animation on the faces, too.

Plus, any game where you can spend half a level just force tossing guys into lava pits while going for distance can not be that bad.

Although the game is relatively short (5 - 6 hours tops), the fact that it has a 7+ character Versus mode, 5 endurance mini-missions, and a HELL Of A LOT of different things you can do to beat a stage, it's got my vote.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was planning on renting this game, but I figured I don't want to mess up my enjoyment of the movie, so I thought I would wait till after I saw the movie first.

At what points early on in the game does it show actual movie footage? Like when you first pop in the game does it show actual movie footage during the intro sequence? And then does it show movie footage before each level?

Basically, I would want to avoid everything that could possibly affect my enjoyment of the flick. I know it's not that big of a deal, but the movie comes out on the 19th, so I'm guessing I could prob. hold out.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it literally follows the timeline of the movie with a couple of slight exagerations. but did anyone find 1 on 1 light saber battles to be a little lopsided? I mean it took me like 10 tries to beat Count Dooku. and I enjoy how at the end off their combo they do this aesthetic saber motions which seemingly renders the user invulnerable to attacks. I mean it's still a great game it's just that some "quirks" of saber battling bother me.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Anybody else find it the least bit annoying when the game comes out a month before the movie it's based on? Just as annoying when the Spiderman 2 toys came out six months before the damn movie did.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody else find it the least bit annoying when the game comes out a month before the movie it's based on? Just as annoying when the Spiderman 2 toys came out six months before the damn movie did.
    Yeah, it is annoying... but then again what else could one expect from Lucas, the guy that started the whole movie/merchandise craze? :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought the DS version, It contained all of the major plot spoilers, but did not really ruin it for me. Great game at that.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    I was planning on renting this game, but I figured I don't want to mess up my enjoyment of the movie, so I thought I would wait till after I saw the movie first.

At what points early on in the game does it show actual movie footage? Like when you first pop in the game does it show actual movie footage during the intro sequence? And then does it show movie footage before each level?

Basically, I would want to avoid everything that could possibly affect my enjoyment of the flick. I know it's not that big of a deal, but the movie comes out on the 19th, so I'm guessing I could prob. hold out.
    Same here. I don't know why they can't release the game after or the day the movie comes out in theaters.

*Sort of off topic* Why didn't they make a game for EPII??? I mean they made one for the first one and thrid. Or did Clone Wars make up for it?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesgamer

Same here. I don't know why they can't release the game after or the day the movie comes out in theaters.

*Sort of off topic* Why didn't they make a game for EPII??? I mean they made one for the first one and thrid. Or did Clone Wars make up for it?
    lego star wars kinda made up for it.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesgamer

It didn't help that Episode 2 was god awful...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by junglehunter
    It didn't help that Episode 2 was god awful...
    So true! Lucas is a terrible director.. he should let someone else do it, really.

Anyway, I've heard this Ep. III game is terrible?? Would you say it's an acquired taste?
    machine.slave

CLICK HERE!! To check out my collection for sale! Only $1500 for the lot

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They did make episode 2 games!

star wars episode II attack of the clones may 2002
    star wars episode II the new droid army nov 2002

both were for the gameboy advance

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Decent game...

The Episode 3 game is okay, but obviously rushed a little bit. You fight droids for the first hour or so...aka those security guards in that severely bugged but intiially fun Enter the Matrix game.

The game literally begins by showing you a decent sized clip from episode 3, with Anakin and Obi landing on Grievous' ship. Won't go into detail here to keep it spoiler free, but it does show Obi-wan's unique way to exit a starfighter and start fighting immediately, which I would much rather have seen in theaters so I could have yelled out 'That was the s*@t!!!'

Of course, my cat didnt appreciate the outburst as much as my Sith-friends would have.

;)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    I bought it after flipping through the guide book.

It's a really kick ass FInal Fight type game with a control set-up that can best be described as "Soul Caliber with the Force attached."

Go for the XBox version, I have mine in HDTV component, and the in-game visuals are beautiful. Pretty nice animation on the faces, too.

Plus, any game where you can spend half a level just force tossing guys into lava pits while going for distance can not be that bad.

Although the game is relatively short (5 - 6 hours tops), the fact that it has a 7+ character Versus mode, 5 endurance mini-missions, and a HELL Of A LOT of different things you can do to beat a stage, it's got my vote.
    Sounds like my type of game! I'll definitely be picking it up along with the DS version when they drop in price a bit. Oh, and is Yoda playable by any chance? That would kick serious ass.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."