Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cat & Mouse" Game Collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASGAMEPLAYER
    STARBLADE ALPHA for ps1 I've only seen one complete and it was in bad cond.(ALWAYS looking to buy one HELP)
    I agree, that game is way the hell too hard to find (also my favorite arcade game). I have a disc only copy that was a previous rental from Hollywood Video years ago - was $5 and pretty much the only person ever renting it was me over and over. I did stumble across a boxed complete Starblade Alpha for the PlayStation - FACTORY SEALED, not some reseal srinkwrap crap job. $40.... I die a little more inside each time I remember that... saw it two days before Valentine's Day and was broke due to it being that time of the year.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    For me it's a complete Death Race (NES) from eBay. The first time I tried to snipe one was last year, but someone else sniped much much higher than it's worth. It ended at $120 . Then, a few months later, I was getting ready to snipe one and I had about 5 minutes to wait so I went and made a sandwich. While I was doing that, something interesting caught my eye and I completely forgot to go back to the PC and put in my snipe. That time it went for $14. The third time was during December. I had a winning bid with a pretty high proxy and I was monitoring it for other snipers, and you wouldn't believe what happened. The guy pulled the auction with LESS THAN A MINUTE TO GO! I didn't even think that wa allowed.

I'll get a complete Death Race one day but it's tough when they only show up like 5 times a year.
    Wow...I'm surprised it ended so high. My local gamezone has had a complete one for EVER. I think I may have to pick it up and get rid of my cart.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a complete copy of the adventures of dizzy for nes, everytime im biddin on one it either gets pulled for some reason or i get sniped by like .01 cent while im at school hahaha, someday i will get that god damn game!
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Re: "Cat & Mouse" Game Collecting

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Contaminous
    Which games have y'all made numerous failed attempts at getting, even when you thought you were close or took a long time to get? Includes situations like:

>Getting sniped on ebay repeatedly

>It takes you hella lot of time to save for it, but once you're ready to get it it's gone

>You felt desperate at trying to sell your other games to get it off ebay, and time and hoping someone will buy it becomes your enemy

>You had the money to get it, you can't find it anywhere so you give up and buy something else. Once you let your guard down, there it comes back up and you wish you hadn't bought the other game.
    All the above.

Oh well what can ya do Ebay or... nothing for old games and stuff.

Please nobody better say have you try the wild,becuse there is no such thing where am at.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu
    Quote Originally Posted by roxybaby
    Keio Flying Squadron for Sega CD and Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn. I don't want to pay over $100 for either, especially not Keio, and the ebay prices are crazy. Once I found a copy of Keio in the wild but while the store had the case and instructions they had "lost the CD." Maybe it's just not meant to be.
    If you're willing to live with it in Japanese, the JP version of Panzer Dragoon Saga (Panzer Dragoon Azel, iirc) is really cheap.
    For Keio you could try UK eBay if you have a converter. Most of the time there is at least one copy on it in Pal-format. It's a great game, don't get it why it's so rare in the USA and quite common in Europe.