Thread: My bare Saturn's lens won't move...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My bare Saturn's lens won't move...

Hi guys,

The bare Saturn I bought at the thrift store powers up when I use a Dreamcast DC cord with it, but the lens never moves when I turn it on. I don't even have an RF switch to use with the Saturn to test it out, so I guess I'll just end up buying a new Saturn to play all the games I just lucked into yesterday. Should I crack the case to check out the insides, or is this pretty much a lost cause?
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Re: My bare Saturn's lens won't move...

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez
    Hi guys,

The bare Saturn I bought at the thrift store powers up when I use a Dreamcast DC cord with it, but the lens never moves when I turn it on. I don't even have an RF switch to use with the Saturn to test it out, so I guess I'll just end up buying a new Saturn to play all the games I just lucked into yesterday. Should I crack the case to check out the insides, or is this pretty much a lost cause?
    Get a TV Cable before you do anything. Then test it out by playing it. Don't leap to conclusions. It's better to try it out. If it doesn't read discs, Just come back here.

Classic Gaming Raccoon RockyRaccoon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Hi guys,

Get a TV Cable before you do anything. Then test it out by playing it. Don't leap to conclusions. It's better to try it out. If it doesn't read discs, Just come back here.
    Also, remeber you can use a Normal Music CD to test it if you don't have a Saturn game aswell.

~Rocky

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Hi guys,

I toataly agree with this! get the part needed, a Saturn RF or AV cable, and try the thing out first. Don't jump to conclusions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon
    Also, remeber you can use a Normal Music CD to test it if you don't have a Saturn game aswell.

~Rocky
    josekortez made it sound like he had some games to me, but even if he didn't, I do not agree with what you are saying. Music CDs and Game Disks are programed and designed diffrently and sometimes a system will play one media but not the other. Example, a friend of mine at one point had a Saturn that would only play non CD-R music disks, it would not play games at all for some reason, even games that we tried on a couple of other Saturns where they worked! We could never explane it. However, one time when I was messin' around on his system, it started working again, somewhat, but oh well, you get my point!

Not much I can say, get a cable then try the thing out again, I'd recomende with a good game disk, but that might just be me.