Thread: A few "firsts" to mention (GB, GG, FM Towns)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default A few "firsts" to mention (GB, GG, FM Towns)

A few days ago I picked up my first Game Boy, a red Pocket model with a nice screen but no battery cover, and a roughly fingerprint-shaped melted spot over the now slightly disfigured "B" decal...it works great, though. Best part is that it was $1.99 at Goodwill - sure beats plonking down $10 for a scratched-up Game Boy Color at a local garage sale last year that I couldn't even haggle for! I should be able to play R-Type DX on this one, too...if I ever decide to, that is. This is great, as it means I'll be able to play Ninja Gaiden Shadow any time I want.

Next thing is that I got my first Game Gear game today; the copy of Sylvan Tale from eBay that I linked to a while ago. Got a new copy of SEGATA SANSHIROU SHINKENYUGI with it (I guess I'll have to find an opened copy eventually, d'oh - pretty low on the list of priorities though).

Finally I got my first FM Towns title, a copy of Viewpoint that cost me $50 off eBay. It's a hard shell plastic case, of the semi-snapping variety (you might know what I mean...not like a later Neo Geo case), with a plastic insert (that should be easy to remove and scan), and all I found in the game's cavernous interior was the manual (simple affair on semigloss paper with b&w pages inside) and the game disc in an otherwise empty case - no inserts or anything. Listened to it on my car's stereo system - fun soundtrack! Can't say yet if it's a direct arcade rip.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good finds. My GB Pocket got stolen by an ex-friend of mine. It was one of the clear ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, I certainly beat the Guide's previous take on the value of the game. Not to take anything away from the excellent job Joe did with that list (you see my name on there, but all I've done thus far was point out that a certain game sometimes come with a letter opener, lol) - it's pretty hard to figure out what this stuff is worth - sometimes folks drop things off at eBay just figuring people will grab it, and I wonder if sometimes it goes for less than the value on, say, Yahoo! Auctions Japan. A lot of what you see in the x68K/FM Towns category on eBay is overpriced, or at best at the high end of the price range for that item - on the other hand, the sellers are offering top quality goods for the most part - so there's a tradeoff there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the FM Towns Marty, quite a super system. A friend have one with a few games on it, it is mostly sure that I will be getting one for me.