Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 2 reserves

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox 2 reserves

I just heard that tomorrow you can go to Gamestop and reserve an Xbox360 for 50 bucks.
    PLZ go to my site and click on the ads at the bottom or to the left.

http://www.ajay17.com

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm.....I think I will wait until after E3 but with PGR3 and Perfect Dark I am definitely there!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have great interest in the console, but I want to know the price before I bite.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's better to buy it at GameCrazy because then you get 12 free game rentals.

If you have to pay the full price no matter what, might as well get something extra tossed in.

Plus many GameCrazy's will do the midnight deal, and open up at midnight the day of the launch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to hold off on purchasing it new when it first comes out since EBWorld and Gamestop will probably require that I purchase a bundle with three games and extra controllers and memory cards. They'll turn a $300 purchase into a $500 purchase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Xbox 2 reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AJay17
    I just heard that tomorrow you can go to Gamestop and reserve an Xbox360 for 50 bucks.
    You mean they charge you $50 *extra* for the privilege of buying something from them? Why would i want to do that?
    If for some reason they don't want my business, i'll take it somewhere else...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Xbox 2 reserves

Quote Originally Posted by yok-dfa
    Quote Originally Posted by AJay17
    You mean they charge you $50 *extra* for the privilege of buying something from them? Why would i want to do that?
    If for some reason they don't want my business, i'll take it somewhere else...
    By he probably ment pre-order.

Though it would be nice to reserve mine now, I think I'm gonna wait till A) there is a set price and B) see if they have an special promotions like trade in your old Xbox and get so much off the new one.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius
    Hmmm.....I think I will wait until after E3 but with PGR3 and Perfect Dark I am definitely there!!!
    I'd wait to see if PD actually gets released at launch or not
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

Ah, soon it will be time to prioritize which system to buy first. It won't be XBOX at launch, unless what is shown at E3 for the others is a huge let down.
    The-Bavis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's no way I would buy the xbox 2 until I know more about it, a couple reasons include does it have backwords compatibility?

or is there anything benefittal to upgrading so far i would say no, especially with the xbox still doing so well

well I believe that the xbox 2 will fail if it's released this year mostly because I think it won't be much of an upgrade, as well as the ps3 really seems like it's going to be the system to go for. but here's also hoping the revelation will be an amazing system, but who knows.

o well we will see, gonna be an interesting e3

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Xbox is the least played of my current gen systems... and I don't really see the new one being much different unless they get some decent Adventure/RPG kinda games.

Offline stuff too.

If it gets some decent games, I'll probably wait till the system is arounf $150 before getting one, and then only if it's backwards compatable.
    I go online sometimes, but ... everyone's spelling is really bad, and it's ... depressing.

--Tara from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

BEST SITE FOR IMPORTS!
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-pfh-71-99.html

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Boy are you pathetic mooks behind the times. I've got a pre-order down on Xbox 4. They say it's gonna be THA BIZOMB!
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ongakuhenjin
    PSN
    ongakuhito

Griking said:
    I'm going to hold off on purchasing it new when it first comes out since EBWorld and Gamestop will probably require that I purchase a bundle with three games and extra controllers and memory cards. They'll turn a $300 purchase into a $500 purchase.
    Not sure about EB, but Gamestop has already said that they will not make customers buy bundled systems.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you preorder stuff at Gamestop, the price of the pre-order ALWAYS goes towards the final rpice. If it retails for $300, then your $50 goes towards that $300.

You can cancel your pre-order at any time. It's not like they're holding your money hostage. You could preorder it today and change your mind tomorrow, go down and get your money back.

Knowing Gamestop, theyll stop taking reserves once they have enough to sell through. That said, even if you don't think you want one at launch, don't you at least want to be able to make the decision to get one?

The way people scream and whine about reserving, you'd think they were holding you at gunpoint to steal their money.

If you want details before you preorder then fine. I probably won't buy an XBox 360 at launch either, but I'll definitely reserve one anyway. That way I'm not on the outside looking in if it ends up being kind of cool and everyone else is sniping each other on eBay.

My Complete Collection - Currently expanding my PS2 collection by buying up every five dollar game I see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    Boy are you pathetic mooks behind the times. I've got a pre-order down on Xbox 4. They say it's gonna be THA BIZOMB!
    Yeah well I got mine on the ps10, shizzah!!
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Needle
    When you preorder stuff at Gamestop, the price of the pre-order ALWAYS goes towards the final rpice. If it retails for $300, then your $50 goes towards that $300.

You can cancel your pre-order at any time. It's not like they're holding your money hostage. You could preorder it today and change your mind tomorrow, go down and get your money back.

Knowing Gamestop, theyll stop taking reserves once they have enough to sell through. That said, even if you don't think you want one at launch, don't you at least want to be able to make the decision to get one?

The way people scream and whine about reserving, you'd think they were holding you at gunpoint to steal their money.

If you want details before you preorder then fine. I probably won't buy an XBox 360 at launch either, but I'll definitely reserve one anyway. That way I'm not on the outside looking in if it ends up being kind of cool and everyone else is sniping each other on eBay.
    Yeah the money goes toward the price, there will not be any bundles at least from GameStop that you have to buy, and the initial quantity is pretty small so if you are even considering it you should definitely reserve one just in case. Besides if its like every other big nextgen thing if you change your mind just sell it on eBay for 5 times what you paid for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    It's better to buy it at GameCrazy because then you get 12 free game rentals.

If you have to pay the full price no matter what, might as well get something extra tossed in.

Plus many GameCrazy's will do the midnight deal, and open up at midnight the day of the launch.
    I would buy just about any new console at GameCrazy. I sold the free rental coupons on eBay for like $30 last time I bought a console there. $30 off a console is a pretty rare find.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana
    Besides if its like every other big nextgen thing if you change your mind just sell it on eBay for 5 times what you paid for it.
    Good point, I think I'll reserve one just for those rich parents who will buy their kid anything they want =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will probably reserve mine depending on how E3 goes, if I like what I see and the price is affordable I will reserve so that I am not left in the dust at launch.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Yeah Video Game Etc. in Eastern Iowa is only taking preorders of their bundle which is $599 and they dont even know whats going to be included with it.