Thread: Massive Shipping Mixup!

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Massive Shipping Mixup!

OK, this has to be something that doesn't happen very often, and I sure do hope that it all gets straightened out for everyone involved, because this is a colossal mistake!

I just received a very large package from Japane that was supposed to contain 4 new Saturn imports. I thought that it was a bit on the large side for what it was supposed to contain, but I never expected what I found inside the box:

A complete white Japan Saturn unit with 2 controllers, all the cables, accessories, etc, and a ton of loose used games!

So whoever is expecting that is gonna have to wait a little while longer, until this awful mess gets straightened out.

I contacted the seller immediately, and told him what all I found in my box, so if my order got shipped to someone else, hopefully they'll be honest enough to do the same, and not just claim that they never got what they ordered.

I paid for shipping by EMS, so if my order was sent to the wrong person, they still should've had to sign for it, like I had to sign for whoever's stuff I ended up getting today.

I really hope that my order can be found and sent to me safely soon, because I don't think I'll ever find any of those games new and sealed like that again. They were all rare!

So hopefully only two boxes got mixed up, or better yet, hopefully the seller just put my name on the wrong box and my games are still sitting there waiting to be sent out.

Otherwise, I may never find out what happened to all the games that I was supposed to get, and I'll just get stuck with a refund, which is not what I want. I want the games!

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else, and did it all work out the way it was supposed to for everyone in the end? I don't mind having to wait a while longer for the games, but I'm very concerned about where they are now, and of course if I'll ever get them all here in the same condition that they were pictured when I bought them all!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no but one time a guy sent me five bucks because he couldn't find the game and then later sent the game.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, that's quite a mistake. I never had that big of a problem, but once I orded the GCN version of PC Genjin, and I was sent the PS2 version by mistake. Fortunately, I contacted the store and everything was straightened out.

I hope you get everything cleared up! Good luck!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a couple of CD32 games on ebay.co.uk, but the seller already informed before they arrived that there was a mix-up and he sent me the wrong games, while somebody else was getting the games I was supposed to have. So he payed me the shipping costs, and I sent the games to the actual buyer back in the UK and received my games from that guy a couple of days later, it all went pretty well.
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I'm very happy to report that I did finally get all my games yesterday, and everything finally worked out in the end. But not before I became convinced that the other guy had decided to keep my games, and try to get away with it.

We both agreed to ship on the same day, Wed May 18th. I shipped USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation, and gave him the tracking number for his package. I had asked him to ship mine with delivery confirmation so I could track my package too. My package to him was delivered to him on Fri May 20th, but I didn't check that with his tracking number myself until Mon May 23rd. Now for his side of it.

He stopped answering my emails after we agreed to ship on the same day. So from the time that I shipped his stuff on Wed May 18th until I finally got my stuff on Thu May 26th, I was convinced that I would never receive my stuff.

When I still hadn't gotten my stuff on Wed May 25th, I had had enough of it. I filed a complaint with Ebay/Paypal, and contacted the seller. The seller told me that the other guy hadn't been responding to any of his emails to him either.

So the seller was about to give me a full refund, and of course he and I were both very upst about the situation. But then my package finally arrived, so I contacted the seller and told him that everything had worked out after all. No refund necessary, and I canceled my complaint with Ebay/Paypal. Then I sent the other guy an email and told him that I got my package, and asked him what happened.

He said that the day we agreed to ship each other's stuff, he had a long pointless fight with his girlfriend. Then he said that this week he had finals, and he didn't know why he didn't just tell me what was going on, but he didn't and so he didn't ship my package until Wed May 25th, by next day express mail, so I wouldn't have to wait any longer.

And he apologized for everything, so I just said believe it or not, I totally understand how these things happen. And I really do, because I'm in school too, and I know how it is when you have finals and your girlfriend or boyfriend has decided that you just aren't under enough stress already.

So, I'm just happy that I finally got all my games, exactly as they were pictured in the auctions when I bought them, he got all his games and his Japan Saturn and everything, and both of us now have what we were supposed to get.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Iron what games did you get?

It happened to me before... and I was the prepetrator!

In my early days as trader on the net (2001), I mixed up at the post office Resident Evil PS1 and Legend of Oasis with two traders. It was sorted out soon enough and I never made that mistake again.

I was just careless at the post office that day, and that's what it comes down to: carelessness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd rather not say what games they were. And I have my reasonsfor that. But with EMS shipping it was $100 worth. The other guy's order was even more than that with EMS shipping, but not alot more, I think his was $125 worth.

But the thing is, I don't know how the post office in Japan or the seller or whoever messed it all up could've possibly messed it all up as badly as they did. The box with all my games in it was about 15 inches long, 5 inches high, and 5 inches wide. The box with the other guy's Saturn unit and something like 25 games and two controllers and a memory cartridge was more like 4 boxes that size combined in one.

So we're talking a massive difference in size and weight. That's why I don't know how it all even made it through customs without being inspected. Everyone in my family said there must've been some reason why everyone in Japan had too much sake at the same time or something.

And I was like, yeah, at the post office at least, whether it was the seller or the mail worker or both, I don't know, but that doesn't explain customs, that happened in the USA! So me and the other guy were both like, WTF? And I was really like, What happen? Somebody set up us the bomb!

Get BIT!

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

I once received the two Hello Kitty Famicom games instead of Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti. The woman that had won the two HK games (for her 6 year old daughter!) got my Splatterhouse. Imagine the look on her face when she opened the box!

Luckily we got it all sorted out.