I was so happy to know that Zelda: OoT was going to be released on my birthday, I never reserved so I had to drive all over looking for it and finaly a kaybee toys had one copy left, I was so relieved, and very happy.

I never reserved SOCOM I on ps2, and everyplace was sold out, and just before I was ready to give up I figured I would try the microplay with low expectations, but to my suprise there was one left! inflated price but I did not care, I was really, really excited you wouldent believe.

Same thing for xbox live starter kit, same problem as socom, and I resorted to microplay, there was one left, but the guy said he was holding onto it for someone but the guy hadnet been in for like 2 days so he sold it to me, so nice! unfortunately microplay is no longer there and in replaced by a gamespot

For a gamecube I waited online outside of a kaybeee toys for like 2 hours, and for my DS i waited outside of a bestbuy for about 2 hours.

So, have you never not reserved a popular game/system and got lucky enough to still get it on launch?