I can't stop making new threads today. In the words of Jim Carrey - "Somebody stop me!!"

Anyway. I'd love to know some stories as to how you first got hold of one of your favourite games of all time. Anything you wish to share, just feel free.

For me, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles springs to mind. I got Sonic 3 as a bribe. When I was younger, I was becoming so unhealthy and lazy. My parents thought they could bribe me with Sonic goodness to get me moving. And they were right. They put Sonic 3 before my very eyes and proposed the deal: come swimming, and the game is yours. So I went swimming. I hated going because it was a half hour drive. So I spent the whole time there and back reading the box. Easiest game I ever acquired!

Actually, Sonic & Knuckles may have been even easier It was my dad's birthday, and my mum bought him Sonic & Knuckles. Of course, he didn't own a Mega Drive. And no, he didn't play games. And being the smart boy I was, I immediately realised some trickery was taking place. It took a whole day for him to finally relinquish his grip on "my" game. And when the time came, we all had to go to the doctor's. So once again, I spent several hours staring at the box, desperate to play.