I was born in 1981, which means I'll be turning 24 this year. I'm really, really glad I was born when I was, as it meant I could grow up with the NES. I played videogames at a local pizza parlor a lot, and when I heard that Super Mario Brothers would be released for this upcoming thing called a Nintendo, I wasted no time in pestering my parents into buying me one. I eventually ended up with other systems around at that time too - an SMS and an Atari 2600, but those came after the NES.

I've noticed that my game playing and collecting tastes really reflect this. Even though I had an Atari 2600 eventually, I don't really care for the system much (I can very much understand why people do though - don't take this as a slight against the system please ); in fact, I rarely play and definitely don't collect anything prior to 8-bit consoles. I'm not sure if this is because I didn't grow up with the games, or if I just became too accustomed to 8-bit conventions, or what, but I'm wondering how other people here feel.

Do you play and/or collect games that came out before you were really old enough to play them?

(I'm really curious if people who were born during/after the 8-bit boom like playing NES games or not. )