View Poll Results: Should there be a sequel to Skies of Arcadia???

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes its about time for a true sequel/prequel

16 84.21%
  • No, let it die just like the Dreamcast

3 15.79%

Thread: Should there be a sequel.....1:) Skies of Arcadia

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Should there be a sequel.....1:) Skies of Arcadia

Ok this is the best RPG i have played on the Dreamcast, nuff said. I was angry when tyhe DC died because i knew that the saga of Skies would die a lonely death. But when i heard about a release for the GC i went histarical only to be disappointed to find out that its the same game just with extras. Its been awhile since that 1st Skies of Arcadia released, 5 years to be exact, and i think its time that Sega gets of the azz'z and start making a sequel or even a prequel to this game. I would love to see what happened to Vyse and the Rogues after the ending of the game......is everyone still together? Or what life was like before Vyse was born (Dyne's story). Even a story line with those kids that looked up to Vyse so much would make a great story line. I cry and cry for more Skies....please Sega answer my crys........ sad.gif

Digitpress feed: Maxlords/Sesshomaru/ Gapporin/Iron Draggon/abdul/rhiohki

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd love to see a sequel. Even though my enjoyment was severely curtailed by constant and lengthy random encounters, I remember Skies as one of the best realized rpg worlds I've ever played. The tone was good, too - lighthearted, colorful, and fun.

For a sequel, I'd like to see a vast reduction in random encounters and more customibility of the base and ship. Maybe a bit more crew interaction as well; let's get into their backstories.

Something tells me we won't be seeing a sequel, but I'm there if we do.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Too goody goody, it was like an rpg met barney at a baloon festival for kids on nitrous oxide.

I'll pass.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up. One of the best RPGs I've played. Still need to go through the GC version.

We got a port of Arcadia.
    We got a [bad] port of Grandia II.
    Wonder if someone will make a port of Lodoss?

But I'm all for a sequel. Just as long as it's a good sequel.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved the first game so I voted for a a sequal. Still I have doubts if they will make it and if it will be any good. I'm afraid my expections will be far too high and it will be really hard for Sega to make an even better game then the orginal. So I don't really know, I think they won't make a new part anyway as the salesnumbers of Skies of Arcadia were not that high as far as I know. Even the GC-version is quite hard to find in Europe nowdays.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

random battle accurances bugged the hell out of me too.

Digitpress feed: Maxlords/Sesshomaru/ Gapporin/Iron Draggon/abdul/rhiohki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didn't vote; got a 3rd category to vote for: "Make a sequel, but only if they fixed what bugged the hell out of me in the original".

What's wrong with SoA? (I've only played GC, not DC version)

1) Random Battles. There were alot, but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was that towards the end of the game they are far too easy for a levelled-up party. I don't really wanna fight the same monsters I beat when I was a level 3 character when I am a level 43 character. SMT: Nocturne has alot of random battles as well, but they increase in difficulty generally so it's not just button mashing.

2) Defeating enemies multiple times. If I defeat someone in battle, I shouldn't have to fight them again unless it's some arena battle. But a duel to the death in the skies should be just that -- not an excuse for a cutscene and a later return of the defeated character.

3) I would like to see the morality a little less black and white. The concept of 'good' pirates is great, but it would be more interesting if normal characters maybe didn't regard 'good' pirates so highly. It'd be nice to have some leeway in playing Vyse as good or a little less so...

It's a very nice game, i'll admit, but I think the flaws knock it from a sold 9 to maybe a 7 or so. Given the general lack of RPGs on the GC it's still a total 'must have', tho....

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork
    1) Random Battles. There were alot, but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was that towards the end of the game they are far too easy for a levelled-up party. I don't really wanna fight the same monsters I beat when I was a level 3 character when I am a level 43 character. SMT: Nocturne has alot of random battles as well, but they increase in difficulty generally so it's not just button mashing.
    Interesting that you say that - they actually toned down the random battles in the GC version because many fans were upset by the constant interruptions in the DC version.

[hijack]
    I just finished SMTN and I'm afraid I disagree - it got to the point where I just auto'ed through every battle except the bosses. And I didn't really power-level or anything like that. <shrugs>
    Cool avatar though.
    [/hijack]