Thread: The Most Amazing Saturn Deal Ever!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Most Amazing Saturn Deal Ever!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...192353567&rd=1

That is incredible. Really incredible. Speechless!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Already been posted
    But its not that bad a deal.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61139

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, apologies. Kinda got so excited, I didn't check. God, I really want it. I would buy it if I used paypal. But I don't. So I'm missing out on the deal of a lifetime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's really not a great deal - if it was someone would have BIN'ed them by now.

Actually, hasn't the price gone up aswell? Could've sworn it was £360 initially, making it even worse a deal now. Add on another £40 for postage since he refuses to take local pick-ups, and you're talking a whopping great amount for a bunch of junk and a very small handful of moderately interesting titles.

EDIT!!!! Woah, hang on a sec, he's actually thrown some decent games in there aswell now - there was no sign of PDS or HotD before. Might actually be a reasonable deal now. Better have a closer look...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You sure he's changed it? That's a lot for him to have changed since you last checked it. Either way. It all looks in great condition and consider the quantity of it, I think it's an amazing offer. I'd so buy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, definitely. It was £360 + £40 postage before and he's added HotD & PDS (note how neither of those are pictured). Not sure of there's any other changes, but that brings it almost into the realm of reasonable. Still a lot of crap tho

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think that anagrama meant PDS & HotD were added since this auction started, or since you posted - but since the last time this guy was trying to sell a butt-load of Saturn games. A week or two ago, he was trying to sell the same lot without those two for the price mentioned above. That was not a great deal.

With these two games added in, it is certainly more tempting and I am slightly suprised that no-one has gone for it. Sounds like PDS does not have the outer cardboard box. And to be honest, there's still so much crap in there that it's touch and go whether this is actually a good deal or not. At the end of the day, you would still be handing over a very large amount of money and receiving a large amount of mostly crap games.

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But it's a solid collection. I'm sorry, but it is. I bought a Saturn off eBay tonight with some games. Happy with my buy. But god, if I really collected for the Saturn, I'd buy that in an instant. I think it's good value for money considering it would be a snap to buy it there and then - no hassle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, he has revised the same one by adding those & upping the price a little.
    It's been running for 10 days, and I bookmarked it after Vroom originally posted about it last Tuesday

It's a good bundle for someone starting after a full PAL Saturn collection, but you're not making massive savings there. A hundred quid less and I'd consider it a good deal.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Straight from the guy's mouth:

"Hiya pal, yeh I mean I will accept a cheque but after past experiences with people who have won and not paid, i'm not as comfortable with it as I am with Paypal. Still, I notice you've racked up a couple of hundred feedback so ...i'll leave it up to you whether you click on the 'buy it now' link or not. By the way i've added Enemy Zero and another Quake game to the collection so it's now a slightly better collection! Cheers, Alex"

Firstly, I don't have a hundred feedback. But more importantly, he has been adding even more to the collection.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I guess that if you actually *want* all those dross games in there then it's not a bad deal. I am just looking from my perspective, which is that I would only really want games that were playable or collectable. Multiple copies of generic sports titles and sub-par platformers / driving games just don't interest me. They are the sort of games I would only bother picking up if they were 50p in a charity shop - and even then I would think twice, and maybe leave them.

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

He must be getting desperate if he's still chucking more games in - Enemy Zero wasn't there this afternoon. What's stranger is that he must be taking games out aswell - there was still the 163 total.
    Why all the fannying around? If he's that keen to see it go just start it at 99p and let the buyers decide. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended reaching the same or higher price like that once a few people get bidding.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah that does seem a bit strange that he is taking games out still leaving the same total, why not just have all that he has a sell it at once instead of chopping and changing?

I need most of them games for my collection but I sure ain't paying that amount for them, not to mention the P+P aswell.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't really understand his strategy either ... if he has to list it again then it will rapidly become an expensive exercise, with the start price that high!

I don't think that bidding would get beyond £300-ish on this if it were started at 99p. I might be wrong though.

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Already been posted
    But its not that bad a deal.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61139