Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaming Station - what do you think of this design?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Basically, here is the thing:

Go through all of the Room of Doom pictures, and you'll notice that no two systems are the same, and about 90% of them are self-made ones. There are people using the same concepts, but nothing identical.

That's the whole problem with any sort of gaming rig. If you set it up, you can only make it perfect for one person. This rig looks nice for an Xbox and PC, but that would make it nearly useless for me, as I rarely play games on my PC, and would much rather do it out in the open. I also don't own racing attachments or whatever.

As I am working on my RoD now that I have a house, I have ideas that are definitely one of a kind. I know they wouldn't apply elsewhere.

No matter how cool or functional these chairs get, they are only cool / functional for a very small set of people. I doubt you would find anything that would sell well.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Strawberry (Level 2) CartCollector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My thought is that, seeing how everyone's is different, why not make it more customizable? I wouldn't know how, but it is something to think about.
    The name's Link
    And I'm braver than brave
    I got a wooden sword from and old man in a cave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try making it modular. you would have a base unit, and then be able to add different seats, headrests, controller attachment thingies, TV's, tables, racks to hold consoles, add additional seats, put different color things in, etc. like, you could have a racing seat, a 'mech seat, or limited edition replica seats like from mechassault or whatever, or change the color, add lights, have a reclining seat, or one with hydraulics, i dunno. that way it could be cheaply customized to fit everyone's needs. also you should market a special arcade stick that locks in seamlessly with the unit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default thanks for the response!

First; Chadtower: nice touch to make this thing more desirable, if you figure out how to custom order the babes, let me know!

Otherwise, you guys are great and basically echoing my thoughts on this. It's an interesting idea, but I like market studies on "interesting ideas" before I buy them, hence you come in.

My first reaction when this company approached me was, "Sweet Lord, where would I put this thing, it's HUGE??!!" Then, having spent a fair amount of time having build my own arcade cabinet, shelving systems, etc. I figured I could make something to better fit my needs. (and half the cost!) (or just buy myself one of those gamer chairs with the vibration and surround sound built in and be done with it!)

My thanks and appreciation again for your time and feedback. You guys are always a help when I'm toying with adding new merchandise to the site.

Jay
    J2Games.com
    Be sure to check in on J2Games.com!

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perhaps i am late on chiming in but oh well.

Probably the only use i could see for this would be some type of MAME unit that was designed exclusively for racing or other arcade games that required you to be in an enclosed cabinet.

But others have said that one could build one of these contraptions for less than it would take to buy one.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i didnt read every post on this closely, but ill echo what everyone else said....its kinda a pointless novelty item that i know i wouldnt want....and it wouldnt be practical....it has very very limited storage when you consider most of our collections, and you have to sit a few inches from the tv....and, how big of a tv can you really use with it....i have a 27" and i know many people are in the 50-60" HDTV range or the projector range, so distance from the tv and a huge picture are a must for some people...something this item cant handle.....your probably better off not stocking this in your store
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983