Thread: Saturn questions

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Saturn questions

My Saturn arrived today. It might well have been eight or nine years since I last played one, so I kind of want to check up on some details.

1. When you turn the Saturn off, does the green light fade out, then appear to come back on and fade out again? Mine does.

2. Does the Saturn get hot if left plugged in? I only leave my Xbox and PS2 plugged in (but switched off). The N64, SNES and Cube power supplies all get hot if left plugged in. The Saturn?

3. I got 9 games with the Saturn. Some of the cases are more cardboard than plastic, I think. Did the packaging differ for a lot of games?

4. Inside the cases, the little CD holders don't actually seem to hold the CD and yet they don't seem broken. Anyone else found this? I'm thinking I'm going to have to store the CDs outside their cases.

This is my first second-hand CD console. And these are my first second-hand CD games. Urgh, I hate scratches.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Re: Saturn questions

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    My Saturn arrived today. It might well have been eight or nine years since I last played one, so I kind of want to check up on some details.
    welcome to saturn scene mate!

1. When you turn the Saturn off, does the green light fade out, then appear to come back on and fade out again? Mine does.
    Hmm... tell you the truth never noticed that since mine's inside the cabinet...

2. Does the Saturn get hot if left plugged in? I only leave my Xbox and PS2 plugged in (but switched off). The N64, SNES and Cube power supplies all get hot if left plugged in. The Saturn?
    I have mine plugg'd into 240VAC all the time and it doesn't get even warm...

3. I got 9 games with the Saturn. Some of the cases are more cardboard than plastic, I think. Did the packaging differ for a lot of games?
    JPN used standard CD jewel while Europe used similar to Megadrive case...

4. Inside the cases, the little CD holders don't actually seem to hold the CD and yet they don't seem broken. Anyone else found this? I'm thinking I'm going to have to store the CDs outside their cases.
    Yep! it's the design of the case... keep the CD in CD jewel case and stored away the original cases...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love you dj898 Many, many thanks for the replies.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

you are welcome mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Saturn questions

Dj already basically answered the questions, but i thought id give you another opinion comign from the UK this time! considerin ur Saturn is a UK one!

Yes it does, perfectly normal, im guessing its decarding itself... Unlike SNES's where u can turn them on for a split second without power

Nope! The reason the N64/GC one gets hot as there is like block which converts the amount of power goin into the console, which can generate alot of heat!

Varies with the PAL releases... Also Once again, EA made some different shaped box being akward again!

You could put them in wallets inside the case itself

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wallets idea is SWEET! I will be doing that. I'll buy some for this very application soon. Thanks Caut.