Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buyer claims there was no disc in his sealed DC game ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius
    ...But I would not refund him simply because it is not your fault. Tell him to contact the company or somehting.
    Strange. Someone sells a complete game but when there is something missing it is suddenly not the sellers fault? The seller is responsible for upholding his/her part of the deal. If there is something missing it IS the sellers fault since the seller promised to deliver a complete copy of the game. Ofcourse the seller can take it back and then complain to the place he bought it from but i don't think it's fair or legal (at least in the EU) to immediately redirect the customer there and deny any responsibility yourself...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, he wants me to send him the disc. Which probably means he's telling the truth.

Which also sucks, because it means I no longer have a copy of Worms World Party of my own for the DC :/

Why the hell did it have to be the LAST copy (out of at least ten) that I sell that this happens with!!

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A while ago I won a ms pacman for the snes on ebay for $3.00 from a seller. After a couple of weeks no game I email he said he sent it. I wait 2 more weeks no package he informed me to file a claim with the post office????

Anyway I checked his feedback it was 900 pos 1 negative
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt based on his feedback and ate the loss. There is always a first time for everything
    if the product is not rare or overly expensive I let feedback become the deciding factor.
    neo geo system

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my friend purchased a game at wal mart and it had 2 of the same game in it..
    so i could see a game missing in one..
    <a href="http://profile.mygamercard.net/neozen666">

</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    A while ago I won a ms pacman for the snes on ebay for $3.00 from a seller. After a couple of weeks no game I email he said he sent it. I wait 2 more weeks no package he informed me to file a claim with the post office????
    What whatever its worth, the buyer can't file a claim with the post office, the person who sent the item has to do that.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would just do the refund.

When the Dreamcast came out I worked at Gamestop, (worst job ever). It's not too uncommon for sealed games to be missing a disc.

In the future make sure to shake the sealed games to make sure you can feel the disc in there.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It all your own judgement call, however, I purchased some early Playstation titles from Target one time, got home, and opened them to find no discs. I was very upset about it, especially for the fact that I didn't know how to approach Target about the situation, fearing they would just think I was trying to scam them. Luckily, things got resolved by them replacing the game. Bottom line is, stuff like this happens, your safest bet is to probably send him a CD only copy, its quick and should make him happy (if the game disc truley wasn't there).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think there is a difference from buying something like this from a retailer and buying it from an ebay auction. Retailers have agreements with the wholesaler/distributor/manufacturer to take returns on damaged or defective products, obviously ebay sellers selling New Old Stock don't.

Perhaps anyone selling New Old Stock should change the description to "Factory Sealed" rather than New In Box to distinguish the difference, with a disclaimer to prevent things llke this from happening again.