Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay stores winning auctions to sell on ebay

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sold a complete minus the cardboard Splatterhouse for $15 shipped a few weeks ago. This on AA. The prices on ebay have dipped somewhat though. I was pricing games I owned & toying with the idea of selling individually but decided to list one huge lot instead. I had around 100 TG16 & PCE games that I sold on ebay in one big lot to a reseller in Canada, I was a little disapointed with the sell price but it met the min reserve amount I was willing to take on it. I have no doubts the reseller will likely make money on the lot once he breaks it up individually. Probably $500+ profit for him.

I had another lot of complete NES games I sold off on this board a few months back, it too went to a reseller. Most of them have made their way back onto ebay, where some barely sold for what he had in them, but others sold 5x as much or more, so he did well overall. Took a $300 lot & sold it for probably $500 on ebay.

If they can buy cheap enough to turn a profit, there's no reason for them to quit. You got to be more aggressive in the package lots you see, and be willing to pay a little more & then resell the dups. Otherwise you'll loose every time to one of them resellers, who will eventually allow you to buy the game you were interested in, but at a price only he is happy with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is understandable. Sad, but comprehensive. There has to be something we can do.
    I will check out the trade listings here at the forums.
    I have two basic food groups, fast and frozen.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Quote Originally Posted by dcescott
    It's just taking the fun out of ebay.
    you see, this is where you're making your mistake. eBay is "fun" to you. It's a business for most others.

Quote Originally Posted by dcescott
    The store should have a seperate host site, which you can link to, however this should clear out the high priced madness to show the deals. Just a thought...
    Is there better auction site out there?
    There's two important things that you should keep in mind.

1) Buyers keep the prices high, not the sellers. If buyers weren't willing to pay the asking price then the prices would go down to the point where people did bid on them.

2) If there were another site where the same items generally sold for less than they do on eBay why would sellers want to list there? People sell stuff to make money, not to provide a deal for others.
    I agree again. Well said
    There are some games I want to buy on Ebay that are too high for me and they have been relisted sometimes. I dont think its unethical because of that. No disrespect or anything, but I dont think you thought very far when you said it was unethical to buy cheap and sell it for more. This is how all business works.
    You take what you get, as simple as that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

buy low and sell high, I'm all for that.
    It's the frustration of those who make it difficult to get a good deal on that site. Collecting games is not cheap anymore. I narrowed my collection to a few exclusive systems I enjoy because of that reason. I don't have a problem with the business aspect of ebay. It's just making it hard to get games you like for prices you can afford. Emulation is a great alternative, but it's not the same as the real deal.
    My question is this, where can I get tg16 games for cheap here on the net?
    I have two basic food groups, fast and frozen.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure, it sux to lose auctions when you really want the game. But its not unethical if someone overbid you and try to sell it for a higher price.
    Collecting can be very expencive yes :\