Quote Originally Posted by ozyr
Quote Originally Posted by max 330 mega
sounds like me 6 months ago... i got to a point where i was buying games, just because it was an impulsive thing to do, and unlike most people here, who just continue to do so , i managed to break myself of it, and have sold almost my entire collection, from 400 games to 100 games, and now from 19 systems to around 5. its actually lot nicer to have a few good games, and not a library of shitty stuff youll never play. so , i sold it all, put the money to very good use, and have since been using it to fund my band, and its a hell of alot more satisfying than games on a shelf.
Now this is what I've been thinking of doing for some time now. I don't have all the systems (newer ones), but I've spent enough on games in the last few years that is really just too much. And as has been discussed here, I really don't play much of it. I've been wanting to sell off what I just don't play anymore, but am finding it really hard to part with the stuff. Why? I really don't know, I just feel attached to the systems and games for some reason... If I could narrow it down, I'd clear up a lot of space, make some money (so-to-speak), and probably be better off in the long run.
it was pretty hard for me at first, i would kind of mope around, and see that empty patch on my shelf where 5 or 10 games used to be, but then i started getting the money, and as the collection got smaller, i got to keep reorganizing my games into a smaller and smaller area, and now i just have one glass case entertainment center with my games in it, and its soo nice to have the money, and the TONS of extra room not occupied by bookshelfs and other things.