If somebody where to come out with a product that was very similar to the virtual boy, except with the benefit of full color, could a product like that work in today's gaming market?

The reason that I mention this, is because I recently acquried a Virtual Boy, and after playing with it for a little bit, the thing really had some very interesting potential, but I think the main thing that killed it was the fact that it only had the one color.

I mean, if the thing could display 512 colors simulatenously, like a SNES or TG-16, then I think it could have been wildly successul.

Of course they would have had to figure out a way to stop people from having big time migraines after playing for 20 minutes or more. I guess that was probably the real reason for it's failure, besides just the one color. It's like Nintendo was selling the "Virtual Migraine Machine".

But if there was a way to have one of these products and not have the headache and migraine side effects, and if you could have lots of color for it, with modern 2005 technology in it, then why wouldn't it be successful in todays market?

It just seems kinda strange to me that the idea of a VR headset has been totally and completely abandoned. It's like Full Motion Video games. That idea has been completely and totally abandoned, and I think that is shortsighted as well. I think if they made a modern up to date FMV game with 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound and DVD quality video, with much more interaction, it could be a huge hit too. Oops, I'm getting off topic here. We are supposed to be talking about whether or not a Virtual Boy like product with color would work in todays Gaming Market.

sorry to get sidetracked like that.

Anyways, what do you think?