MAJOR NEWS UPDATE (11/18/2005):
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...=846424#846424

There's a vacant storefront near my home, and there are no other decent video game stores in a 10 mile radius. There IS a Blockbuster Video in this shopping center, however. The location is GREAT, and for a long time I've been scoping out this area for the perfect spot, just in case I decided to make this move.

I know others who have done this, including my good friend Sean Kelly and other friends who run or have run 'Mom and Pop" game shops (Buyatari and mikeetler for two other forum member examples). I also think I've got enough knowhow on the product to do things right. And ideas... I've got a lot of ideas.

As if the planets had come into sudden alignment... after 20 years at my job I'm truly feeling its time for a change, at almost the same time my wife has stopped working entirely (she's been doing behind the scenes Digital Press work that you'll be seeing soon enough).

I'm going to chat with the landlord tomorrow and find out the details. I've got a lot of things to plan out, but I've never been *this* close to pulling the trigger! I'm excited, and even if this first shot doesn't quite get off the ground, I can feel the change coming soon regardless.

Where am I going with this? I guess it's just a simple question, one I've asked before: if you had your own game store, what would you put in it?

Tale to be continued.