Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I get a SNES cartridge screwdriver bit?

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, I want to know, are these sites reliable? I'm tempted to order the 3.8 and 4.5 mm bits from newelectronx.com but I've had no experience from them, and don't want anything to happen if I submit personal information.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Insert Coin (Level 0) plasticMan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey b1aCkDeA7h, been there and done that. happy to hear your ebay bit is still kicking. would it by chance say newelectronx usa on it? if so then you got a good one. i, on the other hand, got some crappy bit that was not made in the usa before and boy did it suck. it wore out very fast. the ones i am talking about are very durable and i know other shops carry them now over the crappy game bits. i just talked with some other online vendors a few days ago and they were now carrying the newelectronx gamebit in their stock. heehee

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Hmm, I want to know, are these sites reliable? I'm tempted to order the 3.8 and 4.5 mm bits from newelectronx.com but I've had no experience from them, and don't want anything to happen if I submit personal information.
    newelectronx is cool. they do not collect your online info from what i know about my experience and they use pay pal, which is a plus. no worries about credit card scams and all that mess.

its been awhile since i ordered my gamebits from them and i still have not had any scary stories to share about them with getting my personal information spoofed.

if you buy the bits anywhere else, make sure to ask if they are made in the usa first or better yet ask the seller if they are an authorized newelectronx gamebit retailer. this way you know you are getting a good game bit. or alternatively you can burn some plastic and make one. which ever is best for your situation.
    Last edited by plasticMan; 10-13-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) b1aCkDeA7h's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, I don't remember which seller it came from, but if memory serves, what I bought was a replacement 72 pin connector, the bit, and some cleaning fluids all in one bundle.

Mine isn't a newelectronx bit and so far it's survived opening hundreds of games for cleaning and restoration. I take my time when I'm cleaning and restoring games so that might be a factor, I'm not sure. But yeah, still kicking and if it bites it, I'll look for one of these newelectronx bits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b1aCkDeA7h View Post
    Honestly, I don't remember which seller it came from, but if memory serves, what I bought was a replacement 72 pin connector, the bit, and some cleaning fluids all in one bundle.

Mine isn't a newelectronx bit and so far it's survived opening hundreds of games for cleaning and restoration. I take my time when I'm cleaning and restoring games so that might be a factor, I'm not sure. But yeah, still kicking and if it bites it, I'll look for one of these newelectronx bits.
    Sounds like the kit from nintendorepairshop.com I have one and it works great!

Insert Coin (Level 0) b1aCkDeA7h's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I'll be kajiggered, that's the one.

I swear I've had and used that polish somewhere else but to this day, I still can't put my finger on what the polish is.

Worked great though, completely restored my whole cartridge collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been trying to figure out exactly what it is myself. The polish almost seems like really watered down auto polishing compound to me, but I don't know for sure.