Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Added Commodore 16 Plus/4

Another section was added to the online guida along with the usual batch of updates, the Commodore 16 Plus/4 courtesy of Jens Fickerman. Though there isn't much more than a list here, check it out if you're a curious Commodore fan.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Ah... actually I was thinking about getting around to asking you whether I could do one Joe at some point shortly as I was doing the C64 and Vic20 sections. Not to worry, if he's on top of things, then it's all good

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow that't pretty cool, somehow I thought there would be more released for that system cart wise, most of it is tape based, Oh well.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those are all carts?

I've found a couple Plus/4's but never any software or controllers at all. I've never even seen a C16. These must of been very poor sellers in the US.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Not to worry, if he's on top of things, then it's all good
    Difficult question... Long story short, I bought a "Jack Attack" cartridge from an ebay seller a year ago and it was not the expected C64 one... I got curious about C16 plus/4 cartridges and started looking for them and collecting informations about them. I got some additional infos latetly from a C16 collector I know and he could only ad one cartridge to my list and give me some infos about which cartridge was released where. (Credits to him will be given in the next update...)

Because the list of the non-game cartridges got lost during the transmission there are only game cartridges in it right now. I've sent a correction to Joe about an hour ago.

The list does not include systems at all. I only have a plus/4 for testing/playing my cartridges. I was confused by the three systems for a long time and I'm still. - I don't even know if a C116 has a cartridge slot or not...

It's just a basic list and as always everyone is welcome to ad more infos or make a list of systems, etc.

Jens

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Knowing Jens and meeting him (and you, Mayhem) personally on last years EuroCon in The Hague I have no worries about the positive outcome on the C16/Plus4 database
    visit my PlayStation 1 PAL website at www.defconsoft.co.uk

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Indeed the five carts listed are all I know about, so at least everything there is covered for now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, i've got 10 unique roms (not including bios) for this system, so there should be more, here's a list (i have a complete set!)

Atomic Mission (USA+Europe)
    Calc Plus (U)
    Commodore 16 Keyboard Tutorial (U)
    Financial Advisor (U)
    Jack Attack (USA+Europe)
    LOGO (U)
    Octasoft Basic v7.0
    Pirate Adventure (USA+Europe)
    Strange Odyssey (USA+Europe)
    Viduzzles (USA+Europe)

ok, right, 5 games in there, sorry :P
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

[quote="j_eits"]
    The list does not include systems at all. I only have a plus/4 for testing/playing my cartridges. I was confused by the three systems for a long time and I'm still. - I don't even know if a C116 has a cartridge slot or not...
    The C16 does have a cartridge port, identical to the one on the Plus 4 and incompatible with the 64's. I got my C16 off of eBay (complete with box) last year off of eBay just because I always wanted one as a kid (thought the black looked cool).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    The C16 does have a cartridge port, identical to the one on the Plus 4 and incompatible with the 64's. I got my C16 off of eBay (complete with box) last year off of eBay just because I always wanted one as a kid (thought the black looked cool).
    The c16 was sold at a german discounter by that time and I know some people who got it because they wanted a computer and their parents didn't understand that computer ment C64 by that time... (including my parents, by the way...) You're the first person I heard of who "always wanted one as a kid"...
    I know that the c16 has a cartridge-slot, I was wondering if the c116 has one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_eits
    The c16 was sold at a german discounter by that time and I know some people who got it because they wanted a computer and their parents didn't understand that computer ment C64 by that time... (including my parents, by the way...) You're the first person I heard of who "always wanted one as a kid"...
    I know that the c16 has a cartridge-slot, I was wondering if the c116 has one.
    D'oh -- I thought that "c116" was just a typo for "c16". Whoops!

In all honesty, I just wanted one as a kid because I thought they looked cool. For years, Radio Shack sold replacement C16 keys (for some odd reason) and most of my friends and I replaced the keys on our 64's with them, so we all had gray keys. As a kid I always wanted to swap a 64 into a C16 case, just because it was black.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In all honesty, I just wanted one as a kid because I thought they looked cool. For years, Radio Shack sold replacement C16 keys (for some odd reason) and most of my friends and I replaced the keys on our 64's with them, so we all had gray keys. As a kid I always wanted to swap a 64 into a C16 case, just because it was black.
    I was just wondering as the the C16 is a childhood drama for many kids here.... And it is for me the reason why I started collecting the stuff I never got. I think my parents wish all the time when they visit me that they would have bought me the right computer back in the eighties.

I like the swaping idea. Did you ever do it?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

So where does this item fit in things?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5209099857

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So where does this item fit in things?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5209099857
    It's already in the non-game list I've sent to Joe. That one was released in the US, but there is also an Australian Version. I think it was a pack-in with the C16 in the US. The program is quite funny it teaches you how to use the C16 keyboard... By the way boxed it's quite rar and most of the times only sold together with a C16. He is selling it real cheap. I would go for it, but I already have that one.

The non-game part of the list includes also memory extensions and program cartridges like Logo, Script/plus,...
    I think it will be there after the next update.

Jens

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The complete list is now online. It contains the five games, the other software and the memory extensions.

As this is the first list I've built up from zero, I would be happy about any comments.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by j_eits
    I was just wondering as the the C16 is a childhood drama for many kids here....
    Yep...got that turkey under the X-mas tree one year. I would have asked for a C64 but I was holding out for the 128...then I would have a Vic 20, C16, 128, (sort of) a C64, and a 128. Great thinking huh? NOT. I couldn't even plug my joysticks into the C16. IIRC my 1541 would not work (not even plug into it?). Yeah, I felt pretty bad that year, I think I ended up returning it and getting Vectrex games or something.