Thread: Newer arcade games rock! (Light gun based stuff!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Newer arcade games rock! (Light gun based stuff!)

Ok, went to Niagara Falls today and played a bunch of games in the arcades on Clifton Hill. There are some SERIOUS must-play games here people! Most notable were the following (all titles are links with screen shots):

Mazan - Flash of Blade: Easily my favorite arcade game of the day, Mazan allows you to parry and riposte from the enemies, and senses your blade's position in real time onscreen! I blew at least $5 on this machine alone and didn't think twice about it. I'm actually now planning on buying one when they drop in price in a couple more years.... average used price is $3600 now.

Blade of Honor (Konami) Very similar to Mazan, but I found the sensor to be less accurate, and your blade diesn't have a blade, just a hilt...kind of a bummer

Ghost Squad (Sega) Awesome squad tactics rifle light gun game with vibrating weapons, selector switch on the rifle for semi, burst, and auto, awesome graphics, etc. Very fun!

The Maze of The Kings: Excellent egyptian shooter with gauntlet style randomized levels! Had a blast with this one (no pun intended)

Virtua Cop 3 SD (2nd one shown) Best shooter possibly EVER for straight shooting. The bullet time is amazing, as you can use the foot pedals to slow time and shoot incoming bullets from the air! Graphics are STUNNING on this one!

Warzaid 4 player Great rifle sim as well! 4 players, squad based, very cool!

Brave Firefighters Only watched this one but it was darn cool with giant firehose attachement light guns!

Of the above, Mazan was by far the best! I actually drew a small crowd playing it, and I ended up sweating pretty good by the time I ran out of credits! Definitely worth a play or two if you get the chance!!!!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man that really sucks not being close to a really good arcade

I would love to be able to play some of those o well.

it's dissapointing because I love arcade's but here in canada it's a little rarer for good arcade's

it's all good, wanna start my own collection of arcade's eventually, at my parents house we have ms pacman which rocks.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ever since ive moved out to boston ive been trying to find a sweet arcade...yah not heppening, i saw a lot crazy games like this a few years ago when i went to NYC but then i went back last year to find the ddr machine that i FIRST played ddr on only to find out that and every other arcade in times square was closed, god what a bummer, i need a good arcade : [

sorry a lil off topic but im jelous of you getting to play all these sweet games
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I know it's just an opinion, but I hate the arcades of today. There hasn't been a big arcade hit in YEARS. I doubt we'll ever go back to the popularity we had a little over a decade ago when MK and SFII ruled the roost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_DEEM
    ever since ive moved out to boston ive been trying to find a sweet arcade...yah not heppening, i saw a lot crazy games like this a few years ago when i went to NYC but then i went back last year to find the ddr machine that i FIRST played ddr on only to find out that and every other arcade in times square was closed, god what a bummer, i need a good arcade : [

sorry a lil off topic but im jelous of you getting to play all these sweet games
    There's a classic arcade not too far from me. Going in there is like stepping into Heaven. Yes, I live in the past and I'm proud.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Brave Firefighters looks cool but plays very boring once the novelty wears off.

I have noticed a lot of optical gun games coming out, more and more arcades are filling up with them and that's a very good thing. I just wish there were more where you aren't shooting people.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only one I've played on that list so far is Ghost Squad and it's very cool, they also have VC 3 at the same D&B but I've yet to try it out.