Thread: OVGE Thanks you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default OVGE Thanks you!

Yes,

The 3rd annual Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition (OVGE) has now come and gone. My wife and I would like to thank the following for coming and making this probably the best show anyone in this state has ever seen!

Rob O'Hara (Flack) for the last minute agreement to come and setup...man..WHAT a DISPLAY!!!!

Mr./Mrs. MegaManFan - You two are great to have at a con, and we really appreciate you two coming all the way down for our little get together here in Tulsa. We hope to have you become regular's to the event.

Brian Green and his wife Ginger - You guys always put together an excellent display that separates you from the rest. The Imports were an excellent idea to put together this year. Thank you again!

Al and Karen - Al you always never cease to amaze us with your displays. Just when we thought last year's OKGE display couldn't be topped, you did! Excellent all the way around, and a big thanks for coming up here to be a part of the show with us!

Billy, Andrew, Scott - It was a great pleasure for both my wife and I to meet you guys in person! Scott I haven't got the CV connected back up yet to check out Astro Invaders fully, but it will be later tonight! You guys are what make this hobby a continuation of fun and enjoyment for all of us. Don't give up those programming skills and make more games!!!

Jason and the rest of the Trade-N-Games crew. We really appreciate you guys coming down and setting up at our show. You had a lot of business due to the great deals. I still need to get a few Jag commons off of you soon. We thank you and hope to see you back next year!

Earl, Mrs. Green, and Kent - Earl, you need to learn to get some sleep before the shows. But I can see where the lack of sleep goes. As always you had a wonderful display of video game history. I also agree with your wife and think you need to pick up that Star Wars cab. It was a lot of money...but well worth it. Get it...it calls to you...it is your destiny....It is your father!!! Seriously, thank you all ever so much and we look forward to next year!

Max & Dustin - our Neo-Geo gurus! You guys have been with us since the beginning, and we hope to see you more in the future. You guys had a great tournament and lots of visits to your area as usual. Keep up the great work guys, you help to keep the show diverse. Thank you!

Jason Dunbar - Excellent artwork! This is the first time we have had a retro game artist to the show, and everyone loved it!! You have to come back and I hope that the show's future schedules make this possible.

Josh and Trung - You guys finally told the story of how the Fighter genre came to be! Many people especially the younger crowd have probably always thought they just existed. Now they know! Thank you for the excellent Street fighter display and we hope to see you both in the future!

Ed Martin and Keith Walker - Without a doubt the OVGE wouldn't be the success it is without the two of you. The arcade games are always a big hit and this year was no exception! A huge thank you to both of you and we hope for more games in the future!

A huge thanks to our vendors - GameRush, GameXchange, Lynda's Action Figures, Trade-N-Games, and Vintage Stock. The vendors are an important part of the show and we hope to see you all back for next year! Thank you again!

Finally, a very special thanks to the following whom without their support and assistance, the Show simply couldn't happen:

My Wife - as many of you know who come, my wife is the blood of this show. I form the skeleton, and she makes sure the whole thing moves as it should. We were unfortunately short handed by one this year, and that made her pull double duty to ensuring everyone had what they needed, to doing Registration for a bit, and running the tournament table for the classic gaming tournament! My wife is also instrumental in assisting me with ideas for marketing and graphics design for the show. She is my main representative and negotiator for the show. It really wouldn't be possible to have as smooth a show as we do without her assistance.

Brad Prillwitz - I cannot thank you enough for helping me keep my table going this year as I ran around doing whatever needed to be done. You kept my DC up and going, put some excellent titles in for people to play aside from the ones I brought, and getting that 4-player Rush 2049 session up was an excellent idea! The Dreamcast will return, but in a slightly different package. (More on that later...).

Jeff Cooper - without your generous donations of the classic systems, we wouldn't have had much for door prizes this year. For those that didn't know. Jeff donated a 2600 JR, 5200 4 -port, and Colecovision. All systems with games and needed cabling to get them up and running. I still had to fix them to make them run, but a huge thank you all the same! Get your ideas ready for next year!

My mother Jude - She always helps me out in a pinch as she is my mother after all. But she really does go way above to help me in supporting the OVGE. It might be because she remembers the long hours in front of our TV when I was kid and her rolling the score to Ms. Pac-Man on our 2600. Or maybe because she wants me to forever remain at the age of 10 and this is one of the ways to ensure that. All the same, my wife and I thank her.

Cecil Thompson - Gameboy and I have been online buddies for many years now. We met through the once great Jose Q's Emuviews site. (Now the server that runs the OVGE website). We played many hours of PSO on our dial-up connections and had lots of great times. I appreciate you coming to my show Cecil, and I hope to see you, your nephew, and your wife Cheryl again in our future shows. Thank you again.

Tim, my wife and I very sorry to hear of your loss. Especially to have heard about it while trying to enjoy what you love. It was the best and worst of time at once for you and we feel for your loss. Hopefully the time you were able to spend at the show was enjoyable. Again we are sorry, and hope to see you again next year.

Also a huge thanks to all who came and spent the day with us to enjoy what we all really like to do most here....play video games!!!

I like Fezzes. Fezzes are cool. ubikuberalles's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you -^Cro§Bow^- for setting up a great show!

This is my third year at OVGE and it keeps getting better! Keep up the good work!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent show !! Me and my son had a great time!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I must say, it was a great show, my wife and I had a blast, so did the little one. we will be back next year.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618