Thread: Your Video Game Accidents

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your Video Game Accidents

Lets hear some of your video game accidents

i have 2. the first took place 3 years ago when my newley restored nes was being played by me with the controller cord hanging down. My dog decides to waltz in the room getting tangled in the cord bringing my nintendo to the floor cracking the top part.

The second accident involves blood. 10 years ago Me my friend Jose and his little brother Chris who was laying under the chair Jose was sitting on, were all playing mario 3. Jose died and got mad and said DAMMIT and threw the pad down hitting Chris right between the eyes. he bled so much he needed stitiches. It was hilarious.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sadly, mine happened while we were adults in college. I was playing a friend in Madden and beating him so what did he do? Got mad, crushed the X-box controller in his hands (it creaked everytime we played with it afterwards) and picked up the footrest to our sofa and threw it at the X-box. Yeah. Let's just say it was awkward trying not to laugh. It was his X-box, which made it even more funny.

Another time I guess you could call an accident. We lived in an apartment and hung out sometimes with a kid that lived down the hall. His roommate was an alcoholic, to say the least. One weekend the non-alcoholic roommate we hung out with went home, leaving the alcoholic roommate by himself for the weekend. The alcoholic roommate came back from a party completely trashed and out of it one Saturday night. We would go over every once in awhile to see if he was still with it, to make sure he was okay. He ended up passing out on the couch. I went back to check on him one more time that night and him, still out of it and unaware that I was peeking through the front door, stood up, went over to his roommate's X-box, and proceeded to piss all over it. Keep in mind this is after many beers, so he was at it quite some time. It was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen. I called out to him and he turned around, stared blankly at me, then went back to the couch and passed out once more. Needless to say, his roommate's X-box was never quite the same afterward.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When gameboy first came out, I walked around as I played it. You know...Dad calls for you to take out the trash and you walk out of your room, still playing the game. Well, one day I was playing Mario Land and--because I wasn't looking up--struck a coat rack, scratched my forehead and dropped the game boy. This is the reason I only play handhelds while standing in one place or sitting down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well, i've hit my head on the mantle on the fireplace when switching the AV cables on my game systems (Before i got the switchbox for my game systems)

Also, When i was playing Need for speed: Hot pursuit 2 (PS2) I had to practically stand on the x Button to win a race. Needless to say, My thumb would hurt a lot afterwards. (Once after playing the game my arm was sore for about 30 minutes)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saved over my bother's ChronoTrigger and Fianl Fantasy Three saves on accident(slip of the D-pad when trying to save to my own file. With FFIII I tried to remedy it by resaving it in the same physical place he was in the game and getting to where he had got to in the progress, but it only worked in remedying the situation temporarily untill he realized what had happened, sorry bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not much of an accident, but in my more reckless youth I got really mad at Tie Fighter for PC and punched through my door. I felt really bad about it for a long time afterwards and I don't think I've so much as thrown a controller since.

Before that I used to punch myself in the leg when I got mad at a game. I would be pretty bruised by the time I beat something hard, like Battletoads or Street Fighter 2021. My mom saw the bruises and thought kids were beating me up at school. Guess I was a kind of messed up kid, but then again, who wasn't?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God, a few years ago, I was playing against this guy in mortal kombat, he was about 5 years older than me, I was only about 11 or 12, and man, he got pissed off! He kept throwing the controller around and shit, I didn't know what his problem was.

I also know this guy at work who broke his ps2 controller befcause he got so pissed off at God of War. He kept losing against the medusa things, and he ended up breaking it! He about broke another controller he was loaned, which ended up going back to its owner pretty quick!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Well i really only have two stories.

Back when Ghost Recon first came out on the xbox me and a friend of mine were playing and he pulled the trigger so hard when making a crack shot that he actually broke the trigger and drove it inside the controller. Man it was a bitch to fix.

Another time i was playing ninja gaiden and i got so pissed off i threw my controller at the tv, unfortunately i missed (which is hard when it's a 60" screen.) and the controller flew pass the tv and down the stairs. Thankfully because of the in-line break the controller didn't pull my console off it's shelf. Anyways luckily the controller was unharmed, but damn i was lucky.

Oh and numerous times i've accidently tripped my dog like an AT-AT when he was playing around with my cords. Remember wireless controllers prevent pet injuries.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I can't remember any serious injuries while playing, I don't get all crazy and break things if I'm being beaten. It's just a game after all, nothing worth crying over.

1 thing that always happens to me is that if I'm not paying attention when I leave, I trip over the cables and usually pull out a controller or something.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Well i really only have two stories.

Back when Ghost Recon first came out on the xbox me and a friend of mine were playing and he pulled the trigger so hard when making a crack shot that he actually broke the trigger and drove it inside the controller. Man it was a bitch to fix.

Another time i was playing ninja gaiden and i got so pissed off i threw my controller at the tv, unfortunately i missed (which is hard when it's a 60" screen.) and the controller flew pass the tv and down the stairs. Thankfully because of the in-line break the controller didn't pull my console off it's shelf. Anyways luckily the controller was unharmed, but damn i was lucky.

Oh and numerous times i've accidently tripped my dog like an AT-AT when he was playing around with my cords. Remember wireless controllers prevent pet injuries.
    Excellent use of a star wars reference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was cleaning the 32-pin in my NES and was running down stairs to see how to works and I trip half way down, landed on my toe and riped my big toe-nail completely in-half, it hurt soo much.

And ofcourse after all that my NES still didn't work too good

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember when I was over to my friend's house more than 10 years ago I tried hooking up his SNES while he went upstairs to get some drinks. I must have touched something not perfectly insulated, cause a big jolt went right through me. Nothing serious, but it scared the hell out of me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

OK.. I have two more tales.. One happened a few hours ago!:

My dog would trip on the controller cords when i was playing my games (When my games were still in the living room)

This second one happened a few hours ago... :

OK. I just got Burnout 3. So i got up quickly and accidentally knocked over a soda can! (It was NOT Open) And then, it must have fallen pretty hard, Cause a small part of the can broke open (On the top of it) And started spraying all over my room! (The can was on it's side)

I'm like "What the heck?!" And the soda gets all over the floor, gives me an unwanted shower, (It was turning around like a fan) And even manages to get on the walls- 6 feet high. (And the can was in the middle of the room ) It was real funny, but it caused a big mess! Needless to say, my parents weren't at all pleased.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the dog that comes running in and rips the controller out of the system while system falls of shelf to floor. (It didn't fall all the way because the cables were holding it.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I sat my 3-D glasses for my SMS down on the chair when I went into the kitchen to grab a bite to eat. I get back, I forgot I put the glasses in the chair.

*crunch!*