Thread: [Xbox] Halo "I Love Bees" DVD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Default [Xbox] Halo "I Love Bees" DVD

I noticed this wasn't in the guide when I checked. Essentially it's a DVD that came out before Halo 2's release that detailed the "I Love Bees" alternate reality game, and included photographs of players and the entire story's audio.

It wasn't sold, but rather given out at the 4 "training events" i.e. Halo 2 multiplayer public plays, and at 27 theaters across the country. At the theaters at least, it was 50 discs per building, which means there's over 1300 copies of it floating around. Still a pretty small print run, and considering that there's a whole lot of Halo fans as well as players of the game itself who want copies(and those with them are not apt to let go of em), I could see this being a pretty rare piece of Halo memorabilia in the future.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if it belongs in the guide, but if the Halo 2 prerelease DVD with the trailers on it is in there, I don't see why this shouldn't.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I dunno.... I got one once they first appeared on ebay and paid a PRETTY penny for it and the lanyard from the NY event (are there other lanyards?). I see it as a HALO thing, but not a XBox thingie. However, if there are things like the Zelda DS trailer and similar items out there, on the list already then It should be added into extras cause thats what it is. The game got pretty damn big towards the end.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    I dunno.... I got one once they first appeared on ebay and paid a PRETTY penny for it and the lanyard from the NY event (are there other lanyards?). I see it as a HALO thing, but not a XBox thingie. However, if there are things like the Zelda DS trailer and similar items out there, on the list already then It should be added into extras cause thats what it is. The game got pretty damn big towards the end.
    The difference with the Zelda trailer is that it is a DS cartridge. If the Halo disc is a standard DVD with no XBox content, then it really wouldn't have a section to fall under.

-Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    The difference with the Zelda trailer is that it is a DS cartridge. If the Halo disc is a standard DVD with no XBox content, then it really wouldn't have a section to fall under.

-Mike
    While this is true, you can't deny the scope of the DVD is far, far larger than anything like an acton figure, or a halo shirt.

Aren't the Activision patches in the old 2600 section(as a group)? I don't see this as any different than that, really.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Indeed, it belongs in the "Memorabilia" section.