Thread: WTB : Standees

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTB : Standees

Since I know quite a few people that browse these forums work at game stores, I thought I'd ask if anyone could sell me some standees.

Either for very recent games, or very old games.

I'm looking for some 'decoration' for my store, and what better than standees to fill up my many square feet of empty space.

I'd hopefully like spend less than $20 per standee (including shipping) which would most likely limit me to the Toronto area.

PM if you can help out.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: WTB : Standees

Quote Originally Posted by bibowski
    Since I know quite a few people that browse these forums work at game stores, I thought I'd ask if anyone could sell me some standees.

Either for very recent games, or very old games.

I'm looking for some 'decoration' for my store, and what better than standees to fill up my many square feet of empty space.

I'd hopefully like spend less than $20 per standee (including shipping) which would most likely limit me to the Toronto area.

PM if you can help out.
    You are gonna have to pay a little more than that, mainly because shipping a standee will cost around $20+.
    I have one old one, and I think there are only a few other old (NES era) ones out there. A Bart Vs the Space Mutants, Final Fantasy, Adventures of Link, and another Zelda one. All these ones will sell for ALOT! I would imagine well over $100 a piece, and none have sold in the last 6 months anywhere. (It's probabley been alot longer than 6 months since they have sold, but I have only been looking for 6 months).

Your best bet for the new ones is just to ask your local EB/Gamestop or whatever, if they will give them to you when they are done with them. I know that most stores are willing to do that. Good luck!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I REALLY don't like talking to EB employees. One near my house had a couple of really cool guys, but of course EB being the money hungry corporation they are, had to move the employees to another store. Thus breaking any possible chance of them becoming friends.

Whatever, I'm done ranting

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If 20$ is your budget you should consider getting standees of something vaguely associated with your store's theme like a Boba Fett or NASCAR driver, James Bond, etc. You can get these new for around 20-30 in novelty catalogues, video rental suppliers.